Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Some work is going on in the old Esquire Coffee shop unit in Blackrock SC. Apparently there is a new camera store called The Wonder Photo Shop to open there soon. I passed it in Blackrock SC on Tuesday. There were some lads in there applying new shelves to the wall with a new big desk inside. It appears that it will have a Sostrene Green look once it's opened soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It's a horrible looking SC for an affluent area tbf

Oh its a complete kip yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Hartleys in DL is closing for at least 2 weeks due to d'virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Cafe Java in Blackrock had a 'Closed' sign on the door today at 1:30 p.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh its a complete kip yeah.

They've tidied it up the last few years but the car park is still a disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

New barbers on Oliver Plunkett Rd between the post office and liberos

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Johnstown medical centre cabinteely closed tomorrow, possibly longer

https://www.johnstownmed.ie/
    Due to the current Corona Virus outbreak – fundamental changes are happening, right now.

NEWS – THE PRACTICE IS CLOSED FOR CLEANING PROCEDURES, ALL DAY MONDAY, MARCH 16TH

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

rubadub wrote: »
    Johnstown medical centre cabinteely closed tomorrow, possibly longer

https://www.johnstownmed.ie/

I can only assume that they had a case come in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Someone I know shared it from Knocklyon Network fb page:

A worker in Tesco in Rathfarnham told me last Thursday it will be a big dealz with the pep &co clothes in it.
    I really miss Penney’s there :(
    Dealz will come in handy though for cleaning and household products considering Tesco’s stock is non existent at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Can't see it opening now for a good while. pointless and prob. impossible to stock.

• Advertisement

Can't see it opening now for a good while. pointless and prob. impossible to stock.

They have a Facebook page dealz Rathfarnham, opening was meant to be March 20. Pushed out a little

Express fish n chips at fintans park near bakers corner is closed temporarily,
    Liberos deansgrange 5pm-10pm

89427505_2738485082914105_7774704096472203264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=5XNcfqLNoQwAX8QNyHG&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=77ee499e55a537a2a831e883bb7bd187&oe=5E96B333
    LIDL
    We’ve been listening to your feedback and we will be implementing priority shopping hours for the elderly across all 163 Lidl stores in Ireland until further notice.

We ask that the public respect this time period to allow more vulnerable customers to pick up the food and supplies they need.

Starting March 17, the mornings will run from 9am – 11am every day and will include prioritised queuing and additional assistance for our older customers.

We may not be able to actively monitor this at all times as our store teams are required on checkouts and restocking shelves, so we kindly ask that customers respect this measure and plan their shopping trips around this timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Express fish n chips at fintans park near bakers corner is closed temporarily,
    Liberos deansgrange 5pm-10pm

89427505_2738485082914105_7774704096472203264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=5XNcfqLNoQwAX8QNyHG&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=77ee499e55a537a2a831e883bb7bd187&oe=5E96B333

Heaven help any of them if they want to buy a bottle of gin!!!

Julia Rossini Shoes & Lisa Perkins in Blackrock Centre have temporarily closed their doors due to Covid-19.

They advise that customers need to use their websites to buy their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

Same as Zip Yard in Ranelagh, went past it today and it was closed

Paddy Power in Newtownpark Avenue has closed temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Paddy Power in Newtownpark Avenue has closed temporarily.

Jesus, you know things are bad when....

All Penneys are gone too for the foreseeable.

Load of shops closed in Leopardstown Shopping Centre due to d'virus.

Vanilla Pod doing take away at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Load of shops closed in Leopardstown Shopping Centre due to d'virus.

Vanilla Pod doing take away at the weekend.

It's Ballyogan for Chrissake

Big Nasty wrote: »
    It's Ballyogan for Chrissake

Whats the name of the shopping centre?

• Advertisement

Whats the name of the shopping centre?

I call it the Stinking Dump Shopping Centre and anything else is pure notions. ;)

A guy in work from outside of Dublin was scoffing at the thought of Barnhill Stores being a Dalkey address. I was telling him I was irregularly going there over ~35 years, had "great" and "great great" relatives living around there and that I had always heard it described as being in Dalkey and asked where he thought it was. With a tut he says Glenageary, as though it was obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I call it the Stinking Dump Shopping Centre and anything else is pure notions. ;)

A guy in work from outside of Dublin was scoffing at the thought of Barnhill Stores being a Dalkey address. I was telling him I was irregularly going there over ~35 years, had "great" and "great great" relatives living around there and that I had always heard it described as being in Dalkey and asked where he thought it was. With a tut he says Glenageary, as though it was obvious.

South Dublin must be moving on those tectonic plates. I see Shankill is now in Dublin 18

I see Shankill is now in Dublin 18
    what was it before? and when did you last see it referenced as that? all I can see is D18 online.

I can't remember seeing a shankill address before and if not checking I would have put down Co. Dublin. But looking online I would now use D18

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dublin_postal_districts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

what was it before? and when did you last see it referenced as that? all I can see is D18 online.

I can't remember seeing a shankill address before and if not checking I would have put down Co. Dublin. But looking online I would now use D18

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dublin_postal_districts

It was Co. Dublin but I think it was an estate agents dream to have it in D18 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

South Dublin must be moving on those tectonic plates. I see Shankill is now in Dublin 18

To be fair barnhill road is definitely dalkey

Dunnes Stores clothes shop in DL has been borded up from the inside while its closed.

Says a lot about DL.

Does he know that theirs a Dublin Road in most Cities in Ireland?

It was Co. Dublin but I think it was an estate agents dream to have it in D18 !!
    I would have thought having D18 or Co. Dublin would be much of a muchness. Co Dublin has killiney and dalkey, D18 only has foxrock that I can think of as one of the places estate agents might want to claim a property is in.

If you search in google with quotes to force the exact phrase then "shankill, co. dublin" gets 42,600 hits and "shankill, dublin 18" gets 45,200 hits.

The D18 gets more estate agents, but I think thats because it does appear to be the correct address. Whenever I get asked my address by people I suspect (or know) want to debate it I now say "do you mean the address an post tell me to use? the one that would appear on their correctaddress feature?"

Back to closures, China Sichuan in sandyford Ind. Estate is closed and was doing takeaways (which they do not normally do) but that has stopped now too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

McDonalds closing all restaurants (incl drive thru's) at 7pm tomorrow because of COVID-19.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-coronavirus-mcdonalds-closing-uk-21735921.amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 boogiewonder

As many restaurants are closed, this is one way to support them.
    This website's aim is to help restaurants and businesses by listing where people can order gift cards or vouchers to use later. Basically, it puts some cash in the coffers of the owners that are going through a disaster in their businesses now. I'm working on getting businesses without any online payments systems set up with Voucher Connect (who will waive fees during the shutdown).
    Any help, advice, or business suggestions are welcome. Working on adding a big list and segmenting it.
    https://saveourshops.ie/

Advertisement