Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Clonskeagh house pub is open.
    I passed it yday... Loads of people sitting outside, eating and drinking. I thought they could only do takeaway orders?

Many of Charlie Chawkes pubs opening soon too (lights all on in the Goat yesterday presumably preparing), given they have a restaurant licence.

Article in today's Business Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Many of Charlie Chawkes pubs opening soon too (lights all on in the Goat yesterday presumably preparing), given they have a restaurant licence.

The Goat have been doing click and collect orders for a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Makes no difference what kind of licence they have. They can’t have customers sitting at tables

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

ted1 wrote: »
    Makes no difference what kind of licence they have. They can’t have customers sitting at tables
    Once the restaurants are permitted to open, they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sounds a lot like "click and collect"?

I guess it is, just with a tighter time allowance than usual places, sounds like it may not be needed anyways. I see a photo on facebook today with only 2 outside.

I noticed the graduate pub on just-eat, just looks odd a pub being on it. I imagine a good few are now.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-graduate-food-at-home-dublin/menu

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

rubadub wrote: »
    I have seen huge queues there before, so with 2m distancing, coupled with the novelty of it reopening it will be ludicrous.

They should have some sort of online queue system or something. Like have people apply for numbers online and they have to show a ticket or code on an app. Some retailers must be doing something along those lines somewhere in the world.

So you have a ticket thing allowing you come between 1-3pm or something.

I decided to have a scrumdiddlys today after a walk on the pier. They were allowing two into the shop at a time there was also a staff member monitoring the queue who had to tell a group of teenagers to come back once the queue had died down saying that they couldn't let the queue go on for too far down the street.

Also the Magic Carpet has reopened their off licence which I find a bit odd they've only opened it now considering they could have stayed open the whole time. Also Gavelle Interiors in Cornelscourt appear to have cleared out all their stock so I'm guessing they may be either closed permanently or are going to relocate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

silver2020 wrote: »
    Once the restaurants are permitted to open, they can.
    Kind of obvious. But they haven’t figured out how or when to allow it

Another article on the press on Sunday about the upper floor of the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre.

It's allegedly becoming a health care centre leased by the HSE along with some other health care providers. A few car parks will be lost when it opens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

New restaurant/takeaway opening on Mounttown Lower, Dun Laoghaire, Wingstop. Some work taking place there the last few days and looks like it is ready to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Gavelle looks like it’s moved to Monkstown
    If you google it that’s what comes up, even though the website still mentions Cornelscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Saw a post from a boxing trainer on my fb today. 4 boxing clubs (3 in the area and one in Carlow) are closing. The impact it will have will be huge as it was a place for young people to train etc.

Wingstop on Mounttown road opened yesterday. Not a great time to open a takeaway restaurant I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

acer911 wrote: »
    Wingstop on Mounttown road opened yesterday. Not a great time to open a takeaway restaurant I would think

Have they got a website? Can't see anything online.

Have they got a website? Can't see anything online.

Not sure, it’s Wing Stop - you can find them on JustEat
    https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-wing-stop-co-dublin/menu

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

acer911 wrote: »
    Not sure, it’s Wing Stop - you can find them on JustEat
    https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-wing-stop-co-dublin/menu

Not there for me in Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

rVd2f6F

WingStop menu (sorry about the photo quality)

https://imgur.com/a/rVd2f6F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Goat pub....

Fired up, pizza place in a shipping container.

Order a 17 dollar pizza and eat it standing up outside.

Funny, i dont recall seeing planning permission for this establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Goat pub....

Fired up, pizza place in a shipping container.

Order a 17 dollar pizza and eat it standing up outside.

Funny, i dont recall seeing planning permission for this establishment.

Similar outside the Lambers. Only a tenner though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hartley's in Dun Laoghaire serving drinks at outside tables as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

rubadub wrote: »

The schoolyard squealing that muppets like these do is laughable.

Their posts are like scenes out of Fr Ted.

"down with this type of thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

GT89 wrote: »
    Hartley's in Dun Laoghaire serving drinks at outside tables as well

Hartleys is in a weird limbo situation of neither legally being a restaurant or a pub and could probably do whatever it wants - its a Railway Refreshment Room in law.

Any pints you get anywhere now are going to be from out of date kegs, though - no kegs have been made for the domestic market in months; Heineken Cork is even down to one four day shift for Murphys/Fosters cans and export cause the Heineken cans/bottles are imported.

It'll be a week or two before the new kegs for the reopening date start coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Golden Discs have re-opened their store in Dun Laoghaire SC since yesterday. I was actually surprised to learn this today as the majority of the shops within that shopping centre won't be back open until next Monday. The store will be operating on reduced hours from 10am to 4pm every day. 10am to 11am is the time for their official 'Golden Hour' for their vulnerable & at-risk customers.

Going from their Facebook post; the Dun Laoghaire store will have capacity for 4 customers allowed in at any one time.

103122427_542028683109039_838892630002630656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=SNmky4Y5lXcAX_gp8W7&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=d7604dbbe9562c07f3bf28f13377b602&oe=5F064A1B

They will also have both hand sanitizer & gloves available for any customers at the entrance. 2m Social distancing markers are also in place once your are inside.

None of their other stores in South Dublin are open yet. GD will reopen their other stores on a phased basis. The only other store open is in Wexford.

Golden Discs have re-opened their store in Dun Laoghaire SC since yesterday. I was actually surprised to learn this today as the majority of the shops within that shopping centre won't be back open until next Monday. The store will be operating on reduced hours from 10am to 4pm every day. 10am to 11am is the time for their official 'Golden Hour' for their vulnerable & at-risk customers.

Probably open as it's one of the few shops in DLSC with street level access. Non essential shops which do not have street access in shopping centres allowed to open from Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

silver2020 wrote: »
    The schoolyard squealing that muppets like these do is laughable.

Their posts are like scenes out of Fr Ted.

"down with this type of thing"

In fairness, it was a glorified outdoor pub and a bit of a farce.

Gardai even had to shut most of it down...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/barpark-closed-charlie-chawkes-takeaway-pub-shut-down-after-crowds-gather-39250116.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

L1011 wrote: »
    Any pints you get anywhere now are going to be from out of date kegs, though - no kegs have been made for the domestic market in months;

Any beer in kegs which were tapped before the lockdown will be gone off but kegs that were delivered before the lockdown which were not tapped will probably be fit to drink, it's only been three months. The biggest problem for most pubs and hotels is going to be cleaning the lines.

Here's an Irish Times article from April 11th last which suggests that any kegs delivered in March will still be in date when the pubs open on June 29th as they will be less than four months old...

Barrels are usually in date for a period of up to four months, but the lockdown is likely to have lasted at least seven weeks by the time restrictions are lifted. Even then there is no guarantee the pubs will be allowed to open.

Kegs that were already opened will certainly be disposed of as beer from them is supposed to be drunk within two weeks.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/down-the-drain-time-to-be-called-on-kegged-beer-when-lockdown-ends-1.4226254

Gymplus Rathfarnam reopening 20 July.

• Advertisement

rVd2f6F

WingStop menu (sorry about the photo quality)

https://imgur.com/a/rVd2f6F

Did you or anyone here for that matter try this after? Interested to hear thoughts on it.

Advertisement