Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

acer911 wrote: »
    Did you or anyone here for that matter try this after? Interested to hear thoughts on it.

Yeah we did, the wings are very nice, big portions, we also ordered the tenders which are huge, we didn't finish them and felt they had too much sauce on them, personally prefer crispy tenders tbh, overall good quality and will order again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dundrum TC reopens 15 June.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Mothercare have closed all of their stores here as of today including stores in Belgard Road, Blackrock & Carrickmines.

The company has been liquidated with 197 job losses.

https://www.mothercare.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Queens Dalkey shut for good

Tesco petrol station in Dundrum temporarily closed to be rebranded as Certa (the whole network is moving to unmanned stations under the new name).

https://www.shelflife.ie/tesco-ireland-confirms-sale-of-fuel-business/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Was a good spot to sit and have a drink and a bite. Hopefully it will be taken over and reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was a good spot to sit and have a drink and a bite. Hopefully it will be taken over and reopened.

Deffo. Just hope that the press-up group don’t take it over.

I think it might have suffered that the beer garden out back was in the shade. But many a day and night spent there or upstairs in the Vico

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I don't think it's for good. Yes, the current ownership have called it quits for good.

With planning of the neighbouring Tramyard in limbo, this would be a golden opportunity to snap it up and merge the two with a new entrance to the Tramyard from The Queens Carpark. There is so much that could be done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Tesco petrol station in Dundrum temporarily closed to be rebranded as Certa (the whole network is moving to unmanned stations under the new name).

Certas is the overall company and whilst its an international name, its owned by DCC - one of the largest companies in Ireland. It trades under different forecourt names including Esso (France) & Shell (Sweden)

Great Gas is the unmanned brand they use here. They also operate the EMO brand.

So I would assume it will be renamed Great Gas unless its the start of a european rebrand

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Funny turnaround. When it opened first, 2005 I think, it had 'pay at the pump' facilities so you could pay be credit card without going into the shop.

They switched these off, then later removed them, as presumably they wanted you to come into the shop and buy stuff, as they make very little margin on the fuel.

• Advertisement

silver2020 wrote: »
    Certas is the overall company and whilst its an international name, its owned by DCC - one of the largest companies in Ireland. It trades under different forecourt names including Esso (France) & Shell (Sweden)

Great Gas is the unmanned brand they use here. They also operate the EMO brand.

So I would assume it will be renamed Great Gas unless its the start of a european rebrand

Didn't realise the were connected to the EMO brand, don't see them that often here.

The Certa branding is already up in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Didn't realise the were connected to the EMO brand, don't see them that often here.

The Certa branding is already up in Dundrum.

seems all the Great Gas unmanned stations are changing to the Certa brand.

List of the Dundrum stores reopening from today - not only the 2nd floor of HOF is noted for that retailer.

https://www.dundrum.ie/news/list-of-stores-opening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here's Frascati's details on some of their re-opened stores from Facebook.
    We are delighted to have more of our retailers open their doors this week.

Here is an update on the stores that will be opening:

💍 Bannon Jewellers- Mon- Sat 10.30am- 5.30pm
    👠 Carl Scarpa Shoes- Mon- Sat 10.30am- 5.30pm. Sun 12-5pm
    👠 Vienna Shoes Mon- Sat 10.30am- 5.30pm
    👗 Pamela Scott- opening Tues 16th June- Mon- Sat 10.30am- 5.30pm. Sun 1-5pm

We look forward to welcoming back more of our loyal customers❤️

https://www.facebook.com/frascaticentre/photos/pb.148657018526145.-2207520000../3160036037388213/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I don't think it's for good. Yes, the current ownership have called it quits for good.

With planning of the neighbouring Tramyard in limbo, this would be a golden opportunity to snap it up and merge the two with a new entrance to the Tramyard from The Queens Carpark. There is so much that could be done here.

Heard a rumour of plans of a redevelopment of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Heard a rumour of plans of a redevelopment of the site.

Of what site? The Queens is listed so can’t do too much with that I would suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Of what site? The Queens is listed so can’t do too much with that I would suspect.

Yeah, thats what I thought, it doesnt sound right to me either.

This is coming from a local business owner. The word "apartments" was also used. I stopped listening at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The facade is, is the rest of the building ? They’ve a big car park out back with potential. Especially if they can combine it with the tram yard buildings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ted1 wrote: »
    The facade is, is the rest of the building ? They’ve a big car park out back with potential. Especially if they can combine it with the tram yard buildings.

I think with listed buildings part/all the internals can also be listed. But I'm not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ted1 wrote: »

The whole building is protected under DLRCoCo records. Some listings are for features likes arches but the Queens is listed as the public house so would include all of the building.
    I think with listed buildings part/all the internals can also be listed. But I'm not 100% sure

That's correct. Each listing will specify what is a protected structure ("listed buildings" is a UK term). For example, the old fire station in Dun Laoghaire has the facade protected whereas the pub is protected in full here. But each listing in the protected structure database will spell it out.

• Advertisement

A lot of Grafton Barbours are reopening at 12.01am on the 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

You are correct. It includes interior. Now it depends if the public house aspect is protected or just the building. If not the public house it can be developed as long as it is not too different. Pubs have been redeveloped as apartments or offices but things like walls and historic things must be kept.

A good example of this is the bank of Ireland in Kilkenny which was redeveloped into left bank bar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I wonder will Ikea, DFS and Curry's be closed after todays fire

GT89 wrote: »

Was in the staff car park around the back so unless there is damage to the buildings i'd assume not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Was in the staff car park around the back so unless there is damage to the buildings i'd assume not.

Were the buildings damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

GT89 wrote: »

Either way I'd wager there'll be a sale!!

Lol

Seems a bit of damage to tbe building, smoke could have damaged stock.

Lucky no casualties on a busy Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Seaswimmer wrote: »

Kip anyway but strange location for student accommodation unless it’s for the art college ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Cyrus wrote: »
    Kip anyway but strange location for student accommodation unless it’s for the art college ?

IADT is literally around the corner, and 46A serves UCD.

Advertisement