Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

L1011 wrote: »
    The Garage is gone, for good. Replaced with a copy and paste of Marys.

The Stella won't be as special when there's one in a shopping centre in Bray, the Dean is now the same as their other hotels in Dublin (and Cork, soon if not already). They have a few formats they over-use.

I wouldn't be too worried about the Stella. There is a Stella in Ranelagh that doesn't hold a candle to Rathmines. They can replicate the name but the Rathmines one retains the charm by being an actual cinema hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wowburger are now doing collection in E&Castle in sandyford, and probably in some other places where it was delivery only before.

https://wowburger.ie/order/#/collection

So say a double cheeseburger with bacon is €7.45

while before it was €11.49 to get it delivered as there was no collection service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I saw a new Holland & Barrett logo displayed on Channel 4 today. I bet that will be in the shops in Blackrock & Dun Laoghaire soon.

EDIT: This is H&B's new logo here.

holland-and-barret-logo.jpg?itok=4Xt8wZ5t

• Registered Users Posts: 33,946 ✭✭✭✭listermint

rubadub wrote: »
    Wowburger are now doing collection in E&Castle in sandyford, and probably in some other places where it was delivery only before.

while before it was €11.49 to get it delivered as there was no collection service.

not listed on the site there you linked.

listermint wrote: »
    not listed on the site there you linked.
    it's the 9th down, "Wowburger - Beacon"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rubadub wrote: »

They've been doing this for months through Deliveroo but nice to see they've put it on their site as its a bit easier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lifestyle Sports in Nutgrove has reopened.

Maybe for the wrong thread but TK Maxx is going into Liffey Valley, big signs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Where will TKM go in LV? The main centre or retail park?

Where will TKM go in LV? The main centre or retail park?

Theres a big chunk of the carpark in the main centre that has been boxed off so not sure if it's there. The 'coming soon signage is beside the original Eddie Rockets opposite the inside entrance to Penny's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Theres a big chunk of the carpark in the main centre that has been boxed off so not sure if it's there. The 'coming soon signage is beside the original Eddie Rockets opposite the inside entrance to Penny's.

Yes, it's going where the Spurs Steakhouse used to be but built as a 3 storey unit. Some info in this article.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/tk-to-the-maxx-as-retailer-rents-new-store-in-liffey-valley-1.3804882

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A bit of news for anyone using cars or walking to get to the shops at Rockville Drive on Newtownpark Avenue.

There are new temporary protected cycle lanes to be constructed from Stradbrook Road Junction up to Fleurville Road Junction (at the lights near Benamore Apartments) by DLRCC from this Monday the 10th of August. It's to do with the new active travel scheme for schoolkids who will go back to school at the end of August.

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/outline_map_newtownpark_avenue_cycle_lanes_august_2020.pdf

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/news/general-news/installation-protected-cycle-lane-newtownpark-avenue

A one way ststem being implemented from Monday in Dundrum village, it says cafes, restaurants and pubs on the area can put tables and chairs on this 'reclaimed space'.

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/transportation-infrastructure/dundrum-mobility-interventions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

A one way ststem being implemented from Monday in Dundrum village, it says cafes, restaurants and pubs on the area can put tables and chairs on this 'reclaimed space'.

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/transportation-infrastructure/dundrum-mobility-interventions

That should have been done years ago.

Dundrum could easily be like Dalley with cafés, proper bookshop, galleries, and home / fashion boutiques.

This is a start

• Registered Users Posts: 20,082 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Darc19 wrote: »
    That should have been done years ago.

Dundrum could easily be like Dalley with cafés, proper bookshop, galleries, and home / fashion boutiques.

This is a start

Surprisingly dalkey actually doesn’t have any boutiques , given how successful sea green in Monkstown appears to be it surprises me.

While we are on it , given the treatment Starbucks were given I’ll never understand how that eyesore of a paddy powers managed to get in.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Surprisingly dalkey actually doesn’t have any boutiques , given how successful sea green in Monkstown appears to be it surprises me.

While we are on it , given the treatment Starbucks were given I’ll never understand how that eyesore of a paddy powers managed to get in.

Aah come on. You can’t have a village full of pubs without a bookies. It’s against the laws of nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Probably because PP aren't competing against any local businesses. Or at least any local businesses capable of mustering the full battery of objections along the lines of 'heritage village', 'evil multinationals' etc. All of which is typically organised and funded by local businesses to keep out competition.

Aegir wrote: »
    Aah come on. You can’t have a village full of pubs without a bookies. It’s against the laws of nature.

i actually dont care that there is a bookies there but surely the bright green livery could have been foregone??

coylemj wrote: »
    Probably because PP aren't competing against any local businesses. Or at least any local businesses capable of mustering the full battery of objections along the lines of 'heritage village', 'evil multinationals' etc. All of which is typically organised and funded by local businesses to keep out competition.

yep fair enough

since i moved out here one thing that has identified me as a blow in :rolleyes:is calling the 'town' a village :P

anyway im no fan of starbucks but i cant say i care that much for any of the local speciality coffee shops either.

i actually dont care that there is a bookies there but surely the bright green livery could have been foregone??

I’ve seen it done with McDonald’s in some towns. They get permission on the basis they use branding that is sympathetic to the location.

Personally I’d ban all bookies, but I agree, it would be nice if it at least blended in a bit better.

Aegir wrote: »
    I’ve seen it done with McDonald’s in some towns. They get permission on the basis they use branding that is sympathetic to the location.

Personally I’d ban all bookies, but I agree, it would be nice if it at least blended in a bit better.

agreed on both fronts

the starbucks in blackrock is an example of something that blends in quite well i think, im sure there are many better examples even

• Advertisement

agreed on both fronts

the starbucks in blackrock is an example of something that blends in quite well i think, im sure there are many better examples even
    The mcdonalds in bray is in the old town hall, the temple bar one was toned down.

This was starbucks in the blackrock postoffice, it has since moved and the post office is an expensive Chinese restaurant.

gZFg9-kRbvNVu0XV91TAw5JfKXvxfMcvCb7WVghWqDATEaaKEs0-4sj_kPTI4qk67gukk5J8YXHkJUdqBsjOIdvHUy-3QoIeosJhCnR8CTZZwz2oRg

Eev96NpWkAAPt8E.jpg

Hold off on the bouquet for Starbucks or the current occupier (the very expensive Chinese restaurant) - that whole building (the old post office) is clearly the subject of a preservation order.

Even if Anne Summers or Paddy Power opened a branch there, beyond discreet signage (as in post #4824 above), they wouldn't be allowed touch the front of the premises.

The planners in Kilkenny city always managed to control their streetscape well and keep out garish shopfronts.

coylemj wrote: »
    Hold off on the bouquet for Starbucks or the current occupier (the very expensive Chinese restaurant) - that whole building (the old post office) is clearly the subject of a preservation order.

I was speaking about the new Starbucks originally and posted a link to it

I was speaking about the new Starbucks originally and posted a link to it

+1 the current Starbucks premises fits in well with the local urban landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Dunphys is reopening on the 19th, apparently had a kitchen fitted, great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Does anyone know if Two Fifty Square cafe in Rathmines is just closed due to Vovid19 or permanently?

All traces of the cafe seem to be deleted online other than their roasting business?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Does anyone know if Two Fifty Square cafe in Rathmines is just closed due to Vovid19 or permanently?

All traces of the cafe seem to be deleted online other than their roasting business?

It's being refurbished. Regular updates on their Instagram and the bio states. Rathmines - Back Soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Foxrock Post Office has closed; anyone know if it's permanent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Foxrock Post Office has closed; anyone know if it's permanent?

Yes it would seem so.

https://dublinpeople.com/news/southside/articles/2020/08/12/an-post-says-it-will-not-walk-away-from-locals/

Advertisement