Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Yeah I’ve used him for years
    Was in the dry cleaners back when they had the crane in and the girl said they didn’t notice the noise so much because of their machines but she mentioned him specifically saying the noise was driving him mad
    I’d say they’ll all struggle to regain all their customers
    People will have gone to other shops over the last 2 years
    Was in there yesterday and there’s still a lot to be done, prob mainly cosmetic to be fair but a lot of empty units, will find it hard to attract in other businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Cyrus wrote: »
    No me either , I used the cobbler a lot down the years he is more and more dejected every time I chat to him

What a shame. He's a lovely bloke and very customer orientated. I feel for them all. Not paying rent doesn't make mortgage payments and other expenses easier.

I still won't be going back until the premises are functional and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Dubl07 wrote: »
    What a shame. He's a lovely bloke and very customer orientated. I feel for them all. Not paying rent doesn't make mortgage payments and other expenses easier.

I still won't be going back until the premises are functional and safe.

Yeah lovely chap I have to say , feel awful for him it’s a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

NutmegGirl wrote: »
    Think Pamela Scott are closing multiple stores so it’s not just Blackrock going

Yep, and it had to be certain ones as it's the old Ashley Reeves company and the Richard Alan company who effectively were Pamela Scott "franchisees" even though it was the same ownership.

Quite clever (and 100% legal) and ensures vouchers and any returns are subsumed by the parent company, thus no affect on customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

In light of all the businesses with problems, this from the "2 Ronnies"

.It is with great sadness that I have to mention the loss of a few local businesses.

A local Bra Shop has gone bust.
    A Mining Company has gone under.
    A manufacturer of food blenders has gone into liquidation.
    A Dog Kennels has had to call in the retrievers.
    An origami book company has folded.
    An Ariel Installation company has called in the receivers.
    A Key Company has gone into lockdown.
    A Watchsmith has wound down and called time.
    An Iceland store has had its assets frozen.
    A Shoe Factory has been soled and employees given the boot.
    The Heinz factory has been canned as they couldn't ketchup with orders.
    The tarmac company has reached the end of the road.
    The bread company has run out of dough.
    The laundrette has been taken to the cleaners.
    And finally the AA Recovery Service are on their way to a breakdown!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Just something positive! The Asian supermarket in Stillorgan now open again after refurbishment. It is located in older shopping mall alongside Baumans Hardware and the Blood Donor Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Garlinge wrote: »
    Just something positive! The Asian supermarket in Stillorgan now open again after refurbishment. It is located in older shopping mall alongside Baumans Hardware and the Blood Donor Clinic.

+1 great place for all your oriental cooking and if you're not inclined to cook from basic ingredients and are looking for an obscure Patak's paste or sauce, you can be guaranteed they will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Garlinge wrote: »
    Just something positive! The Asian supermarket in Stillorgan now open again after refurbishment..
    It is open a few weeks now, they were missing several usual items but I emailed and they should be back. They also said the website was going to be updated and have a list of everything and prices.

Prices not up yet, they have a place in Bray and Finglas too.
    http://ingredients.ie/stores/ingredients-stillorgan.html

Also
    https://www.facebook.com/DosaDosaDublin
    Bank Holiday Special Visit to Dublin South 🙏😀🥰
    Venue: Ingredients Stillorgan (Asian Super Market), 5 Old Dublin Road, Stillorgan, Dublin 18, A94 K1H5
    Date & Time: Oct 25th Sunday and 26th Monday From 12 to 7 pm.
    ORDER ONLINE GET 10% DISCOUNT
    DOSADOSA.IE PROMO CODE: DOSA18

122531975_359745005473224_6309875587275704831_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=X5hFM8L_wf0AX8p8RWd&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c752ccd2c3f66651dc5f22477820960e&oe=5FBD2A8D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel that the Frascati Centre Shopping redevelopment was only an excuse to build lots of apartments on top. Are there really any shops there that people would specifically travel to? I do think the Blackrock Centre will be nice when it is fully finished and I suppose you could argue that Super Valu will attract a certain amount of footfall so maybe between the 2 centres they will get a critical mass.

Anyone have any idea when the five Guys there will reopen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Little Dumplings (Dim Sum) have opened a pop up in Kyoto, Patrick St, Dun Laoghaire.

Camile opened in Glasthule last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Apache opening up in Cabinteely Village where Pizza Republic and a few other pizza restaurants used to be

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

GT89 wrote: »
    Apache opening up in Cabinteely Village where Pizza Republic and a few other pizza restaurants used to be

always hoped for Pizza Republic to come back :(

Seen some non workmen types going in and out this morning when i was over there getting a coffee, so assume opening will be pretty soon.

always hoped for Pizza Republic to come back :(

Seen some non workmen types going in and out this morning when i was over there getting a coffee, so assume opening will be pretty soon.

Not sure what happened to Pizza Republic I remember they closed for rennovations for quite some time then reopened under a new name which then closed fairly soon after it reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Little Dumplings (Dim Sum) have opened a pop up in Kyoto, Patrick St, Dun Laoghaire.

Camile opened in Glasthule last week.

Amazing! Went to the one in town about a year ago and it was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Homecare Centre in Blackrock SC is now called Homecare DIY. Some new fittings have been installed inside the centre as I was in there yesterday. There are 2 new benches outside the new toilets. There are 2 new pairs of automatic doors with a pair of black bannisters in the middle at the entrance near Starbucks on the main street.

A bike hire, sales and repair place will be opening in DL soon I hear. Opposite the DART station.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The Homecare Centre in Blackrock SC is now called Homecare DIY. Some new fittings have been installed inside the centre as I was in there yesterday. There are 2 new benches outside the new toilets. There are 2 new pairs of automatic doors with a pair of black bannisters in the middle at the entrance near Starbucks on the main street.

I don’t think I’ve ever gone into that place looking for something and they haven’t had it great little shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,943 ✭✭✭✭josip

A bike hire, sales and repair place will be opening in DL soon I hear. Opposite the DART station.

Where exactly? Opposite the Dart Station for me is DLR CoCo

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

josip wrote: »
    Where exactly? Opposite the Dart Station for me is DLR CoCo

There's an empty unit beside the Gourmet Food Parlour, I suspect it will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Cyrus wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever gone into that place looking for something and they haven’t had it great little shop :D

100% agree.

There and Costellos on Patrick St DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    100% agree.

There and Costellos on Patrick St DL.

Costellos probably a bit less expensive of the two.

There's an empty unit beside the Gourmet Food Parlour, I suspect it will be there.

yeah that place, it used to sell protein powder etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

yeah that place, it used to sell protein powder etc.

Oh there? Used to be called Universal Nutrition I think. Good to hear something is going in that spot, it's been vacant for a couple of years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

JayRoc wrote: »
    Oh there? Used to be called Universal Nutrition I think. Good to hear something is going in that spot, it's been vacant for a couple of years now.

So basically someone is opening a bike shop on the only stretch of the road where there is no cycle path? In fact cyclists are actually diverted onto the road at the other side if the tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

A coffee trailer call the coffee kid opened yesterday in the car park M.Kelly Interiors in Sallynoggin, beside Lidl.

ted1 wrote: »
    So basically someone is opening a bike shop on the only stretch of the road where there is no cycle path? In fact cyclists are actually diverted onto the road at the other side if the tracks.

That's quite the take.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

ted1 wrote: »

Mike's bikes isn't on the cycle path either and does pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Dunnes in Stillorgan shopping centre have put in a food section just inside door
    Haven’t been in but could see big freezers at the back wall
    Tesco and Dealz won’t be too impressed
    Would have thought they’d need some kind of planning permission for change of use

• Advertisement

NutmegGirl wrote: »
    Dunnes in Stillorgan shopping centre have put in a food section just inside door
    Haven’t been in but could see big freezers at the back wall
    Tesco and Dealz won’t be too impressed
    Would have thought they’d need some kind of planning permission for change of use

They've done the same in Dun Laoghaire aswell I believe

Advertisement