Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Not quite new business but apartment block in Deansgrange containing a few retail units.

http://www.deansgrangeshd.com/application-drawings/architectural/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dunnes Connelscurt open 24/7 from 1-24 December...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

New gift/toy shop in Cornelscourt called Whistlestop where Gavelle used to be opening soon. Also see where Feast used to be in Dun Laoghaire is getting a new lick of paint, couldn't be another restaurant going in there surely not after so many have failed there not long after opening espeicially in these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

GT89 wrote: »
    Also see where Feast used to be in Dun Laoghaire is getting a new lick of paint, couldn't be another restaurant going in there surely not after so many have failed there not long after opening espeicially in these times.

It'd be a brave soul would be trying to open a restaurant anywhere right now. Especially there

A Krispy Kreme van spotted on Dundrum shopping centre....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Dunnes Connelscurt open 24/7 from 1-24 December...

Open 24 hours Dec 1-23, closing at 6 p.m. on Dec. 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Not quite new business but apartment block in Deansgrange containing a few retail units.

http://www.deansgrangeshd.com/application-drawings/architectural/

Interesting. But I wonder if the plan to make Deansgrange Road one-way (southbound) will affect the viability of the scheme? I'd see it as a big issue for anyone buying an apartment there because, driving out of the development, you won't be able to turn left to drive to Blackrock and town. You'd have to wait for someone queuing for the lights at the Grange pub to let you in, then you either have to take your chances at Baker's Corner or Foxrock Church.

The site encompasses the old filling station and the adjacent two-storey office building, now used as an extension of the Mooney (Hyundai) motor dealer across the road in the old MSL Audi showroom. It's basically everything between Pet Tales and the cemetery. Includes this building, which adjoins the south wall of the cemetery....

https://goo.gl/maps/tsAtiitYsUqtDWdNA

Does anyone know if the planning application has been submitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

coylemj wrote: »
    Interesting. But I wonder if the plan to make Deansgrange Road one-way (southbound) will affect the viability of the scheme? I'd see it as a big issue for anyone buying an apartment there because, driving out of the development, you won't be able to turn left to drive to Blackrock and town. You'd have to wait for someone queuing for the lights at the Grange pub to let you in, then you either have to take your chances at Baker's Corner or Foxrock Church.

The site encompasses the old filling station and the adjacent two-storey office building, now used as an extension of the Mooney (Hyundai) motor dealer across the road in the old MSL Audi showroom. It's basically everything between Pet Tales and the cemetery. Includes this building, which adjoins the south wall of the cemetery....

https://goo.gl/maps/tsAtiitYsUqtDWdNA

Does anyone know if the planning application has been submitted?

As far as I know permission is granted. Went straight to An Bord Pleanala. Interestingly there are 150 apartments but only 99 car spaces. 300 cycle spaces! They are studio, 1 and 2 bedroom so maybe the demographic it is aimed at won't be huge car owners. Good bus routes a short walk away (46A, 4) and everything on your doorstep so probably an area you could comfortably live in without a car..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

There’s a temporary Xmas decoration shop opening in Stillorgan where Spiderweb used be and something is going into the shoe repair shop too, no name on it but people inside today
    Anna Schu nail salon upstairs won’t be reopening at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dunnes Stores in Beacon has a Christmas shop due to be open soon (assume when the restrictions lift).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

A bike hire, sales and repair place will be opening in DL soon I hear. Opposite the DART station.

Posters are up in the windows, from what I gathered as I passed by its to be called The Cycle Hub, it will incorporate cycle repairs and a coffee shop, and is owned by Irish Cycling Safaris.

Dealz opening where Mothercare was in Carrickmines Retail Park.

Didn't Dealz have a planning issue with a similar type of unit in Fonthill retail park

Didn't Dealz have a planning issue with a similar type of unit in Fonthill retail park

Not sure, signage up on all the windows in Carrickmines. Bet the the parks management are delighted to fill the gap in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cangirl86

Did it say when?

Not sure, signage up on all the windows in Carrickmines. Bet the the parks management are delighted to fill the gap in the current climate.

Bit disappointed it's going to be another Dealz would have preferred a Mr.Price which tend to be more common in retail parks and nearest one is in Nutgrove or even a possible entry to the Irish market for B+M Bargains

cangirl86 wrote: »
    Did it say when?

Doesn't have a opening date on the signage...yet. Would imagine they'll try to be open this side of Christmas and kitting one of their stores out shouldn't take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Retail parks are the strong performers of retail. I suspect dealz offered big money to get the unit.

The planning for that section of the park is not as restrictive as the section across the road, hence clothing and pharmacy.

Remember dealz do a large range of clothing and household goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Not the same area but officially South Co. Dublin but the Mothercare that was in Belgard Rd Retail Park, beside Homestore and More also has a Dealz open. Passed it yesterday. I'd say it's one of their bigger shops.

Must be a gold mine for them because nowhere there except Burger King and Starbucks to buy a bottle of water etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Five Guys Frascati is still closed.

It's so odd that their three other restaurants are back open but Frascati looks closed for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Looks like Mao on Dún Laoghaire Sea front is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are Borza in Dalkey still open?
    The shop was dark and the phone ringing out on Friday at 18:30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

josip wrote: »
    Are Borza in Dalkey still open?
    The shop was dark and the phone ringing out on Friday at 18:30

no they are closed for renovations

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Bits and Pizzas back open!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Bit disappointed it's going to be another Dealz would have preferred a Mr.Price which tend to be more common in retail parks and nearest one is in Nutgrove or even a possible entry to the Irish market for B+M Bargains

There was a franchise of B&M in Clarehall (it was called Star Buys but had the Orange/Blue B&M price tags) which has very recently turned into a Mr Price. Shame, as it provided a bit of variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

New gift/toy shop in Cornelscourt called Whistlestop where Gavelle used to be opening soon.
    I think this is open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Weatherspoons/Hotel opening on Camden St in mid January apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

The Mig wrote: »
    Bits and Pizzas back open!

and booked out for this weekend and Christmas Eve already. Great to have them back.

The restaurant premises on the corner of Lower Georges St and York Road (opposite Nunki) has reopened, it's now called For D1 (I think). I was driving so couldn't see what the crack is with it.

EDIT: Cocktail Bar https://www.instagram.com/fordeone/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There are 2 new shops in Frascati in Blackrock which are the Kiddie Kuts Toy Shop & another one called Concepts on the ground floor.

Also; GSM in Carysfort Avenue, located near the Barber Shop & Credit Union, was closed for a refit when I passed it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

and booked out for this weekend and Christmas Eve already. Great to have them back.

The restaurant premises on the corner of Lower Georges St and York Road (opposite Nunki) has reopened, it's now called For D1 (I think). I was driving so couldn't see what the crack is with it.

EDIT: Cocktail Bar https://www.instagram.com/fordeone/

Crazy bastards opening something in that unit.

Advertisement