Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭caviardreams

There are 2 new shops in Frascati in Blackrock which are the Kiddie Kuts Toy Shop & another one called Concepts on the ground floor.

Also; GSM in Carysfort Avenue, located near the Barber Shop & Credit Union, was closed for a refit when I passed it yesterday.

What kind of shop is concepts do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭joeguevara

and booked out for this weekend and Christmas Eve already. Great to have them back.

The restaurant premises on the corner of Lower Georges St and York Road (opposite Nunki) has reopened, it's now called For D1 (I think). I was driving so couldn't see what the crack is with it.

EDIT: Cocktail Bar https://www.instagram.com/fordeone/

Someone explained to me yesterday the meaning of the name. 4 d 1 as in I'm going for the one. Reminded me of college in UCC. A guy kept telling me that he was in the dog house with his girlfriend. Only after months of this I found out that he was talking about a bar and not constantly fighting with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Anyone know what's happening with Sisi (Central Cafe) in Blackrock? Their app says you can preorder as they open at 17.00 (it was nearly 18.00) and when I placed the preorder, it just said closed. They're not showing up on Just Eat and the phone rings out with no voice mail. Bummer if they're gone so hoping it's a temporary glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

aoh wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happening with Sisi (Central Cafe) in Blackrock? Their app says you can preorder as they open at 17.00 (it was nearly 18.00) and when I placed the preorder, it just said closed. They're not showing up on Just Eat and the phone rings out with no voice mail. Bummer if they're gone so hoping it's a temporary glitch.

Website says closed til 4th January.

Probably taking a well earned break.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Darc19 wrote: »
    Website says closed til 4th January.

Probably taking a well earned break.

Did not see that on the website but good to know. Thanks. Monday night is Silvano night ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

aoh wrote: »
    Did not see that on the website but good to know. Thanks. Monday night is Silvano night ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I ordered from the Miami in DL after not getting through to Sylvanos. Great curry chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Not sure if its been mentioned but "Mint" coffee at Blackrock RFC Stradbrook Road seem to be there 7 days.
    They do a toastie or two and cookies as well as coffee/tea/hot chocs.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Awaaf wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned but "Mint" coffee at Blackrock RFC Stradbrook Road seem to be there 7 days.
    They do a toastie or two and cookies as well as coffee/tea/hot chocs.

Espresso martinis and hot whiskies too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone know what the story with that unit in kimmage that keeps changing is? It's been a spiceco kebab place and chinese place, then switched to an Eskimo pizza for less than a week, then back to a spiceco and chinese. They've changed signs etc each time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

The pub at the end of York Rd in Dun Laoghaire that has changed names a few times recently is now being done up as a "coffee & bikes" place.

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »
    The pub at the end of York Rd in Dun Laoghaire that has changed names a few times recently is now being done up as a "coffee & bikes" place.

It was The Bar for the last 3 years. Beer Traders before that

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

josip wrote: »
    Are Borza in Dalkey still open?
    The shop was dark and the phone ringing out on Friday at 18:30

signs up saying reopening soon. As well as the chipper offering they are putting a Square Pizza and a Kanoodle franchise in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

All Alfresco in Glasthule (BBQ place) moving to Bray from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AnBeagalltach

All Alfresco in Glasthule (BBQ place) moving to Bray from next week.

Interesting, I wonder will the wine shop stay or is something else moving in. Space has a lot of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://extra.ie/2021/01/13/business/jobs/dealz-new-store-40-jobs

Dealz opening later this month in Carrickmines according to above.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

ongarboy wrote: »

Yeah the external signage has been up since before Christmas. In the old Mottlhercare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ongarboy wrote: »

€450,000 a year rent.
    + service charges + rates.

Ouch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Sadly the Krispy Kreme van (pop up) closes at Dundrum on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Dealz in Carrickmines?
    Another nail in the coffin of Dun Laoghaire. Penneys is the only thing keeping the place from being a ghost town

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

jpfahy wrote: »
    Dealz in Carrickmines?
    Another nail in the coffin of Dun Laoghaire. Penneys is the only thing keeping the place from being a ghost town

There’s a good few shops down here here That place S and greene pulls a crowd. I don’t think people would go to Carrickmines just for dealz if Dun Laoighre is closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is also a Dealz store in Bloomfields SC. I would assume that people living in surrounding areas of Dun Laoghaire, Sallynoggin & Monkstown etc would go there instead of Carrickmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There is also a Dealz store in Bloomfields SC. I would assume that people living in surrounding areas of Dun Laoghaire, Sallynoggin & Monkstown etc would go there instead of Carrickmines.

Dun Laoghaire is a nightmare for parking though. And its full of junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

The Nal wrote: »

Bit of an exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

frash wrote: »
    Bit of an exaggeration

Please don't derail the thread. The Dun Laoghaire one is destroyed with the same conversations and I'd hate to see this go the same way

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Please don't derail the thread. The Dun Laoghaire one is destroyed with the same conversations and I'd hate to see this go the same way

Apologies. Seems harsh reading back! Great memories of working out that direction. Breakfast in Harrys followed by an hour in the record shop next door - what was that called? Its Elverys now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Apologies. Seems harsh reading back! Great memories of working out that direction. Breakfast in Harrys followed by an hour in the record shop next door - what was that called? Its Elverys now

Forget the name of the shop too but always popped in there to browse.

Edit: Was it Tower Records?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Forget the name of the shop too but always popped in there to browse.

Edit: Was it Tower Records?

Advance Vision.

This is the one beside Harrys which is now Intersport Elverys. "something" Music it was called. I think. Number 19-20. Wrecking my head now I spent thousands in there.

Advance Vision.

Advance Vision/Music City were sister companies.

Advance Vision was the video shop on the ground floor. Music City was the 1st Floor record shop.

Great spot.

• Advertisement

JayRoc wrote: »
    Advance Vision/Music City were sister companies.

Advance Vision was the video shop on the ground floor. Music City was the 1st Floor record shop.

Great spot.

It was a record shop on both floors in the early 00s. They used to put great stuff out front and play great new stuff as opposed to the generic stuff HMV did.

Advertisement