Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

policarp wrote: »
    Dun Laoghaire is South Dublin.
    Where are you from?

I know it's South Dublin, but this thread is about new business opening and closures, not the continual decline of Dun Laoghaire. If people want to discuss that they should open a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

New Pizza place opened last week in Dalkey, where Thyme Out used to be. Haven't been in yet, prices look a little expensive but menu looks nice.

http://www.garysgourmetpizza.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No Pizza Hut Delivery are gone in Killiney , Cornelscourt and Malahide its Pizza Republic in these outlets now.
    I reckon these pizza republics can't last long, I have only ever seen a few people ever in the places. I get a laugh out of their menu its so expensive. think it was €8.95 for range of 7" pizzas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

rubadub wrote: »
    I reckon these pizza republics can't last long, I have only ever seen a few people ever in the places. I get a laugh out of their menu its so expensive. think it was €8.95 for range of 7" pizzas.

Aw man, the burgers and hot dogs from there are fantastic. The pasta is rubbish, I must try the pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

A spar express opened in the texaco in cornelscourt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

There's a new butchers opened next to Tesco Ballybrack, where xtra vision was. There's some good deals and the meat we've eaten so far is nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Two new coffee shops/Deli's in Rathmines. One in the Swan Centre opposite Hopsack and one on the main street beside the old cinema.

However, it looks like the womans clothes shop Joannes beside the cinema has closed.

The xtravison in stillorgan closing sale is going on quite long

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Mao @ Home are opening in the Stillorgan Shopping Centre.

https://twitter.com/MaoHome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

zagmund wrote: »
    Some refurbishment work going on in one of the shops on the main street in Blackrock at the moment. I *think* it was the O2 shop. Good to see that something new is going in.

z

It has been replaced & it is now called Bear Market Coffee which has opened there only this week.

It has a very contemporary feel to the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Mao is to be located where old EBS branch used to be. It will be on the outside of the centre fronting out to car park and adjacant to McDonalds.

I heard that Aldi are to open on the Blakes site???

A new shop is going in where bookstation used to be.

A new shop is going in where bookstation used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Mao is to be located where old EBS branch used to be. It will be on the outside of the centre fronting out to car park and adjacant to McDonalds.

I heard that Aldi are to open on the Blakes site???

That would be excellent. The Aldi shop in Sandyford is a fine size and the staff and manager are excellent but the industrial estate traffic and that awful HOLE of a carpark and dismal, soggy trek through the basement of the apartments to the shop really puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Dubl07 wrote: »
    That would be excellent. The Aldi shop in Sandyford is a fine size and the staff and manager are excellent but the industrial estate traffic and that awful HOLE of a carpark and dismal, soggy trek through the basement of the apartments to the shop really puts me off.
    Ate you parking in the wrong car park , I've never found it to be a problem or a hole.

Entertainment exchange is the new shop where the old bookstation shop was with mao opening that mean there is only one closed down shop left in stillorgan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Interesting about Wetherspoons. I'm guessing they will be able to undercut most pubs here as they are not forced to buy from Diageo in Ireland.

I was in one of their pubs in Manchester a few weeks ago and saw Guinness, Magners, Heineken, Carlsberg and Coors Light on tap. That covers a lot of the bases here in Ireland - sad but true!

They happened to be the most expensive too. £3.20 a pint of Guinness if I remember correctly. :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Nooooooo!! Witherspoons are the most soulless, ghastly experience in pubs. A race to the bottom now... :(

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Nooooooo!! Witherspoons are the most soulless, ghastly experience in pubs. A race to the bottom now... :(

That's true. Their pubs in England are terrible - actually, almost all pubs in England are terrible!! They could give the pub trade a good kick up the arse and it would be interesting to see how they can compete on price.

They will definitely have to adapt to things in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Entertainment exchange is the new shop where the old bookstation shop was

is that CeX?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I really hope they don't they are the most unintresting places. Order by number food, clone pubs with no soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Stillorgan Sh C Bookstation is just relocated across the mall to a bigger unit. It now also sells newspapers and phone credit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ted1 wrote: »
    I really hope they don't they are the most unintresting places. Order by number food, clone pubs with no soul.

might create some REAL competition rather than the current qasi-cartels.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

True, but imho that perfectly describes the current Tonic bar too. Only difference is the price.

Passed by that new shop on Corrig Road tonight. Cooper & Young iirc? They were open for business today. Looks great from the outside.

Didn't have time to pop in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Trespass in the Dun L old centre are closing down, or at least they say they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Trespass in the Dun L old centre are closing down, or at least they say they are.

Noooooooooo! I love that shop

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Marks Models have moved from the top floor of the shopping centre to the ground floor. Hopefully they see enough increase in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Marks Models have moved from the top floor of the shopping centre to the ground floor. Hopefully they see enough increase in business.

Have heard that everyone on the top floor will be moving down to a lower level.

Makes sense as the top floor is a ghost town.

Advertisement