Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Phat Cat wrote: »
    The Curry Garden on Upper George's Street in Dún Laoghaire is now an Apache Pizza

Ah balls. That was my go to Indian takeaway. Fecking Apache Pizza. Wasnt there one already sharing with a Chinese place just down the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Cronin's Centra in Newtownpark Avenue has a retention notice up from DLRCC displayed on the Texaco fuel pumps entrance/exit. Does anyone know what's that about? I know that Cronin's Centra had made a planning application about 2 years ago to expand/redevelop the shop floor space & to build new offices above it with apparently dismantling the current car wash behind it. Has any formal decision been made to date by ABP on Centra's new planning application for the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Ah balls. That was my go to Indian takeaway. Fecking Apache Pizza. Wasnt there one already sharing with a Chinese place just down the road?

The place at 5 Cumberland Street is my favourite Indian right now, Deli Rasoy is it? If you are looking for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

JayRoc wrote: »
    The place at 5 Cumberland Street is my favourite Indian right now, Deli Rasoy is it? If you are looking for a replacement.

Yeah Delhi Rasoi is great. That Chicken Roll is amazing and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

JayRoc wrote: »

Cheers will give it a go!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Masala up at the Graduate is very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Rasam in Glasthule is my personal favourite

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Lam's in DL is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

GT89 wrote: »
    Lam's in DL is gone
    Probably partly due to apache opening beside it. Photo was on facebook.

161871692_10222874494103467_36685439524782190_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=u4KJ-cBNrMkAX8t-P_u&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=965a9ec882fbb8b2200ce7132839fed6&oe=607AB72C

• Registered Users Posts: 20,063 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

acer911 wrote: »
    Rasam in Glasthule is my personal favourite

Seconded

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Probably partly due to apache opening beside it. Photo was on facebook

The Lam's crowd must have cancelled their franchise with Apache has been Eskimo Pizza for a while same with their Deansgrange store.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Papers saying Penny's has put 'on hold' its plan to take 2 floors of the old HOF in Dundrum.

Am assuming they have not found a replacement tenant for the new food quarter that looks nearly finished (was to be Fallon and Byrne) either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

the pancake stand in the Rambler's Rest Ballybrack Igo Inn is closed for the forseeable future :eek:

hsNxvKq.png

Video Here

https://i.imgur.com/EPKU741.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

woejus wrote: »
    the pancake stand in the Rambler's Rest Ballybrack is closed for the forseeable future :eek:

hsNxvKq.png

Video Here

https://i.imgur.com/EPKU741.mp4

Looks more like the Igo? Does (did) the Ramblers have any food offering??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Looks more like the Igo? Does the Ramblers have any food offering??

Yes, the Ramblers have FishShack and a couple of others out the back.
    Pity the fcuker in the vid didn't splash more of the accelerant over himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

josip wrote: »
    Yes, the Ramblers have FishShack and a couple of others out the back.
    Pity the fcuker in the vid didn't splash more of the accelerant over himself.

You're correct, the traffic lights are visible in red at the end when the image goes back to colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Looks more like the Igo? Does (did) the Ramblers have any food offering??

Yes they have the whole place set up.
    “The ‘Covid Yard” full bar service in the covered beer garden. Fish shack, burger place, burritos, coffee snd so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A whole business ruined because a scumbag doesn't like nice things like pancakes.

What a sad miserable individual. I hope the guards throw the book at him when he's arrested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Please don't post potentially libellous hearsay, thanks

Joe Duffy Select on Rochestown Avenue is now ZuCar

• Advertisement

What looks like a new fancy food shop has opened in Churchtown (beside Elephant and Castle and the pharmacy). Was heaving today with a coffee stand outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

GT89 wrote: »
    Joe Duffy Select on Rochestown Avenue is now ZuCar

Zucar is owned by Joe Duffy motors, so just a rebranding

Krispy Kreme are putting doughnut stands in certain Tesco stores (as they do in the UK). Baked in Blanchestowm and shipped daily to these points.

Tesco Stilorgan is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Krispy Kreme are putting doughnut stands in certain Tesco stores (as they do in the UK). Baked in Blanchestowm and shipped daily to these points.

Tesco Stilorgan is one of them.
    saw a sign outside mine too and found this earlier
    https://extra.ie/2021/04/08/business/irish/20-new-locations-krispy-kreme-revealed

See the full list of locations below:

April 12

Balbriggan, Tesco Extra
    Ballybrack, Tesco Superstore
    Bloomfields, Dun Laoghaire, Tesco Superstore
    Bray, Tesco Superstore
    Clarehall, Tesco Extra
    Kill North N7, Circle K
    Maynooth, Tesco Extra
    Navan, Tesco Extra
    Tallaght, Tesco Superstore
    April 19

Artane, Tesco Superstore
    Cellbridge, Tesco Superstore
    Drogheda, Tesco Extra
    Dundalk, Tesco Extra
    Finglas Clearwater, Tesco Extra
    Greystones, Tesco Superstore
    Liffey Valley, Tesco Extra
    Merrion, Tesco Superstore
    Navan, Tesco Superstore
    Rathfarnham, Tesco Superstore

stillorgan was not listed there but is here https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0408/1208614-krispy-kreme-to-expand-into-tesco-and-circle-k-stores/

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

It's been closed a while now but Leisureplex Stillorgan is to be demolished soon, Tinnelly Demolition are currently securing the site, I'd imagine they'll get on with it fairly promptly.

It's been closed a while now but Leisureplex Stillorgan is to be demolished soon, Tinnelly Demolition are currently securing the site, I'd imagine they'll get on with it fairly promptly.

Yep - student accommodation IIrC

Dealz Carrickmines opening this Tuesday in the Park.

Speaking of the Park, a 7,000 sqm VHi 'health and wellbeing centre' is opening near O'briens this year.

https://www.bmp.ie/2020-news/december-2020-news-vhi/

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

planning application D21A/0252 has been lobbed in for a change of use from pub to retail & residential for McLoughlins/The Cosy. A real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

planning application D21A/0252 has been lobbed in for a change of use from pub to retail & residential for McLoughlins/The Cosy. A real shame
    A real shame indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭hold my beer

What looks like a new fancy food shop has opened in Churchtown (beside Elephant and Castle and the pharmacy). Was heaving today with a coffee stand outside...

Drove past a few weeks ago and there was a massive queue to get in. It looks like a fruit and veg shop is it? And they also sell coffee?

Advertisement