Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Queen’s pub in Dalkey to reopen after sale for €3.5m (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/queen-s-pub-in-dalkey-to-reopen-after-sale-for-3-5m-1.4575175

Excellent news for Dalkey!

Queen’s pub in Dalkey to reopen after sale for €3.5m (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/queen-s-pub-in-dalkey-to-reopen-after-sale-for-3-5m-1.4575175

That's interesting. There were reports of it being bought by the press up group, but that seems to be unfounded

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

absolutely

great news.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Cyrus wrote: »
    absolutely

great news.

Are they the lads behind Brooklodge?

Are they the lads behind Brooklodge?

yes

https://www.nhance.ie/new-index

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Be interesting to see how they manage the outdoor space.

The front beer garden is very exposed and the rear is in the shade. I always felt they should setup a garden at the rear of the car park.

Also the comment about the car park was odd it was awkward full of people having meals.

It’ll be great to have at place back open. I was served the last pint just before they closed in March 2020. Had I of known I may have as a few more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Neighbourhood Wine now open on York Road in the former Dublin Loves Bikes premises

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

The new shop replacing the shoerepair is a giftware and jewellery shop called "Amora". There is a drycleaners where Golden discs used to be and I see they are now taking in shoe repairs.

On the inner mall near to the Ecco shop is an upmarket childrenswear called
    "Du Pareil ... au meme".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

When the doors open wide and there's jewellery inside.... that's Amora.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Garlinge wrote: »

On the inner mall near to the Ecco shop is an upmarket childrenswear called
    "Du Pareil ... au meme".

Like something from Ross O'Carroll Kelly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

F45 has opened it's doors in Frascati since Monday.

An instagram post about it's grand opening is shown on Frascati's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Like something from Ross O'Carroll Kelly :pac:

But probably older than him.

They have hundreds of stores in France and several other countries. And reasonably priced.

Far better than the rubbish Mothercare had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

More bad news for the GAP staff in Dundrum TC. Their store is very likely going to close it's doors from this July.

RTE news : Gap to close 19 stores in UK and Ireland

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0609/1227132-gap-to-close-irish-and-uk-stores/

Source: RTÉ News Business

More bad news for the GAP staff in Dundrum TC. Their store is very likely going to close it's doors from this July.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0609/1227132-gap-to-close-irish-and-uk-stores/

No where in the article did they say the Dundrum store was going to close . It’s probably one if their busiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

'very likely going to close?' :confused:

They will still have 50 stores after they close 19. As the previous poster has pointed out, there is no mention of the Dundrum store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Some of their UK locations are poor. The few Irish locations are very good. Dundrum and blanchardstown would be premium.

Very likely that most closures will be in the UK, but Limerick/Henry st would be the risk here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

A new ice cream shop is opening next to SuperValu in Dalkey where Handworks used to be. It will certainly give Bel Gelato some competition.

The new and improved Barnhill Stores is very impressive and is going for a more Avoca/Donnybrook Fair feel.

The replacement for Walters in Dun Laoghaire will be a very welcome sight. If only they could do something with the old Buck Henry's bar.

So, some nice improvements in the offering.

A new ice cream shop is opening next to SuperValu in Dalkey where Handworks used to be. It will certainly give Bel Gelato some competition.

The new and improved Barnhill Stores is very impressive and is going for a more Avoca/Donnybrook Fair feel.

The replacement for Walters in Dun Laoghaire will be a very welcome sight. If only they could do something with the old Buck Henry's bar.

The ice cream place is called mood. It’s a generic brand that is now in all centras and SuperValus.

Barnhill stores is crazy expensive, good luck to them.

The swimmer venue should be interesting.

Barnhill Stores is my local shop, I use it a fair bit it is literally the opposite of lidl where you go in buy a load of stuff and somehow it's only 11 euro, with barnhill you go in buy almost nothing and ifs rarely less than 40 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Cyrus wrote: »
    Barnhill Stores is my local shop, I use it a fair bit it is literally the opposite of lidl where you go in buy a load of stuff and somehow it's only 11 euro, with barnhill you go in buy almost nothing and ifs rarely less than 40 :D

It is a lovely shop now, quite the change from the not too recent. I find the same though, it's a money pit 😠I always enjoy watching the ongoing game of dodgems in their car park, that offsets the pain a bit.

• Advertisement

It is a lovely shop now, quite the change from the not too recent. I find the same though, it's a money pit 😠I always enjoy watching the ongoing game of dodgems in their car park, that offsets the pain a bit.

Yeah parking is a nightmare, normally I walk but if I happen to be driving its as handy park on saval Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I don't recall it being mentioned here before but there's a new coffee shop/ice cream shop/ bakery type spot opened up in what would have been the old Buckley's Auctioneers building in Sandycove.

Called Sandycove Store and Yard.

Large open air decking area and the whole place is dog friendly. A bit hipster but not offputtingly so. Lovely staff.
    Tbh they seemed to prefer dogs to kids so they've got my vote for a Sunday morning

JayRoc wrote: »
    I don't recall it being mentioned here before but there's a new coffee shop/ice cream shop/ bakery type spot opened up in what would have been the old Buckley's Auctioneers building in Sandycove.

Called Sandycove Store and Yard.

Large open air decking area and the whole place is dog friendly. A bit hipster but not offputtingly so. Lovely staff.
    Tbh they seemed to prefer dogs to kids so they've got my vote for a Sunday morning

Alsoa surf shop/ stand up paddle rental shop in the back

Rada, a new Indian restaurant is opening in the long time empty unit in Belarmine Plaza, Stepaside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Slow street sustainable clothing opened on Blackrock Main street (opposite bear market ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Rada, a new Indian restaurant is opening in the long time empty unit in Belarmine Plaza, Stepaside.

Not a new business but the fire and stone place next to it has a proper outdoor area now and they have an updated menu

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Darc19 wrote: »
    Some of their UK locations are poor. The few Irish locations are very good. Dundrum and blanchardstown would be premium.

Very likely that most closures will be in the UK, but Limerick/Henry st would be the risk here.

This has been "upgraded" to a full store closure

https://news.sky.com/story/gap-to-close-all-stores-across-uk-and-ireland-and-move-online-only-12345940

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

All GAP stores in UK and Ireland to close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

The Ritz in Dun Laoghaire has closed for annual leave until August 9th. John Borza must be expecting an Italian win in the Euros.

Advertisement