Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

frash wrote: »
    Noooooooooo! I love that shop

Better start buying a bucket load of gear from them so. The DL centre has gone beyond depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

They haven't quite opened yet, but HMV and Michael Kors are to open in Dundrum soon. I have to say, I am continually surprised to see Dundrum doing so well over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Ladbrokes is opening in nutgrove where Eddie Rockets used to be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

According to the Sunday Times Wetherspoons are interested in buying the 40 foot in Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

CatFromHue wrote: »
    According to the Sunday Times Wetherspoons are interested in buying the 40 foot in Dun Laoghaire.

That would be a perfect spot for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Wetherspoons reportedly paid €900,000 for the 40 Foot and €700,000 for Tonic Bar in Blackrock.

http://www.cbre.ie/portal/pls/portal/CBWEB.utils_news_public.show_image?id=15470&field=doc1&trans=n

According to the same report, Starbucks are moving in beside Nandos on Marine Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Jesus I hate those horrible horrible chain pubs and soul less coffee shops.

I'm all for places being occupied and providing employment, but I really hope the Wetherspoon's ventures fail. Theres a special place in hell for the concept.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'm all for places being occupied and providing employment, but I really hope the Wetherspoon's ventures fail. Theres a special place in hell for the concept.

Have you been to many?

JD Weaterspoons vary from pub to pub, some are soulless, others are lovely. I wish them luck, it may breath some life back in to the town.

Have you been to many?

JD Weaterspoons vary from pub to pub, some are soulless, others are lovely. I wish them luck, it may breath some life back in to the town.

Too many, at least 10 in London and SW of England, I was impressed by only one which was in a converted botanic garden orangery so the architecture was at least impressive. The rest just melted into a memory soup of dark wood, massive plastic menus, long queues to 'pre-pay' for everything and gaming machines.

PS and the jumbo-screen on all day long drowning out normal conversation, showing not just popular sport but any old rubbish on Sky Sports 19.

• Advertisement

Too many, at least 10 in London and SW of England, I was impressed by only one which was in a converted botanic garden orangery so the architecture was at least impressive. The rest just melted into a memory soup of dark wood, massive plastic menus, long queues to 'pre-pay' for everything and gaming machines.

PS and the jumbo-screen on all day long drowning out normal conversation, showing not just popular sport but any old rubbish on Sky Sports 19.

Sounds like every town centre pub to be honest. We had two JDs in pur town, neither had a tv.

One was ok, but the other was really nice. The one in Windsor was good as well.

How would you have described the 40ft? There was never much in the way of atmosphere in there unless the sun was shining.

It's not a local pub and never will be. It is the sort of place you go for a bite to eat and a couple of pints, rather than a night out.

You'd meet up there, stay for an hour and head in to town or to a restaurant, which is what JD Weaterspoons are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah 40ft is what I would expect a wetherspoons to be like.

There is a thread about the arrival in the beer forum. Seems more are looking forward to it than not
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057028788

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Any news on the Tesco beside the Honeypark apartments, will it be a tesco express or a bigger store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Any news on the Tesco beside the Honeypark apartments, will it be a tesco express or a bigger store?

Express I believe

It's not styling itself as an express but wont be a full size store either, maybe a midi!

overall_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

There is a new shop opened up in DL old Shopping Centre, the left hand side of Meteor. It sells men's and woman's clothes. There having a summer sale at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

It's not styling itself as an express but wont be a full size store either, maybe a midi!

overall_l.jpg

Well Tesco is only 1 of the shops going in there, Costa have taken one as well, no idea how many units there will be in total, but that pic is not just for Tesco.

Signage says opening early 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wetherspoons extremely rarely have the sound on on the TVs. However I'd agree with the rest.

Anyone wrote: »
    Well Tesco is only 1 of the shops going in there, Costa have taken one as well, no idea how many units there will be in total, but that pic is not just for Tesco.

Signage says opening early 2014.

They'll be there for Christmas, mark my words! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

overall_l.jpg

If only someone would open something like this at the Shankill shopping centre centre. It looks like the ghetto. They've been talking about I for ages too.

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    If only someone would open something like this at the Shankill shopping centre centre. It looks like the ghetto. They've been talking about I for ages too.

Planning was applied for in may or April. I expect them to start any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

They'll be there for Christmas, mark my words! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wouldn't mind that myself.

ted1 wrote: »
    Planning was applied for in may or April. I expect them to start any day now

Yeah theres a lovely regeneration proposed for Shankill SC, surprised it took this long to be honest, its a prime spot even in bad times and would thrive with a few good local stores. I believe Super Valu will be the main shop.

Yeah theres a lovely regeneration proposed for Shankill SC, surprised it took this long to be honest, its a prime spot even in bad times and would thrive with a few good local stores. I believe Super Valu will be the main shop.

Word is , is that is an European equivalent to donnybrook fare.
    Look at who lodged the plan.

Superquinn had initially bought the site but sold it on.

Bilaro Limited was incorporated on 14 Jun 2012. The company's status is listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors. It was founded by Airidas Kondratas, Aurimas Zimnickas. Bilaro Limited does not have any child companies.

A quick search if the names throws up this:
    http://m.15min.lt/en/article/business/spanish-media-say-maxima-buys-supersol-for-one-euro-527-202425

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Well, they should hurry up and get it built!I was walking past it today and it is horrific. I grew up in Shankill and always remember it being busy. My parents live there and can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Dealz opened in nutgrove yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Wetherspoons reportedly paid €900,000 for the 40 Foot and €700,000 for Tonic Bar in Blackrock.

http://www.cbre.ie/portal/pls/portal/CBWEB.utils_news_public.show_image?id=15470&field=doc1&trans=n

According to the same report, Starbucks are moving in beside Nandos on Marine Road.

Given the dire state of things in DL, anything other than another methadone clinic is good news I think! They're not everyones cup of tea, but beggars can't be choosers.

Ten Starbucks would be preferable to nothing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

The new hmv in dundrum is brillant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Did they keep the back entrance from the restaurant area?

It must have only opened today; I was there yesterday but there didn't seem to be any commotion.

Advertisement