Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Nandos in DL is opening on the 25th September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Nandos in DL is opening on the 25th September
    Could they not have taken any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Could they not have taken any longer

I'm sure they've done it as quickly as possible. It's hardly in their interests to delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Aard wrote: »
    I'm sure they've done it as quickly as possible. It's hardly in their interests to delay.

MacDonalds in temple bar was built in about 15 minutes, Nandos in DL has taken like 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

errlloyd wrote: »
    MacDonalds in temple bar was built in about 15 minutes, Nandos in DL has taken like 9 months.

Nothing like that at all, its about 3 months since the hoarding went up around the old harbour bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they were working on it back in March as some friends of mine were visiting on St. Patricks Day and asked me what was being demolished..

Motion picture in dl has moved out to the main street beside the 2€ shop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nothing like that at all, its about 3 months since the hoarding went up around the old harbour bar

Indeed there was obvious exaggeration on both ends of my post. But, and I say but. I heard of people getting job interviews there in June. And i certainly remember hoarding around April or March.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Motion picture in dl has moved out to the main street beside the 2€ shop

Probably a good move, that shopping centre is just a graveyard for business's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Marks Models have moved from the top floor of the shopping centre to the ground floor. Hopefully they see enough increase in business.

That has moved to the middle floor of the shopping centre opposite O'Briens Sandwich Bar & the re-located "Images" store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

There's three new shops opened in DL SC. One is called cosmetics beauty or somthing like that where the fish shop used to b for nibbling ur feet. The other one is where the sony centre used to b and it's is called my images. The last one is called Dizzile. I think. And Motion Picture is moved opposite Pennys

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There's a new butchers opened next to Tesco Ballybrack, where xtra vision was. There's some good deals and the meat we've eaten so far is nice
    Still no 10 chicken fillets for €10 deal though!, I think they would clean up if they did it. There is no weight on most stuff so its quite hard to compare to tesco's prices, its also hard to compare their own packs easily. They had deals on chicken fillets, I think 6 for €7 and 10 for €12, the 6 works out cheapest per fillet.

They also quote in pounds, not sure if thats even legal, but I wonder if they are hoping people will round up and figure a pound of meat is 500g rather than 454g, so they would look more favourable than tesco. They could be shifting loads if they wanted, which would attract me more, knowing its likely to be fresher.

I see Deerings in Killiney shopping centre now have 5 fillets for €5, to match eurospars price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

rubadub wrote: »
    Still no 10 chicken fillets for €10 deal though!, I think they would clean up if they did it. There is no weight on most stuff so its quite hard to compare to tesco's prices, its also hard to compare their own packs easily. They had deals on chicken fillets, I think 6 for €7 and 10 for €12, the 6 works out cheapest per fillet.

They also quote in pounds, not sure if thats even legal, but I wonder if they are hoping people will round up and figure a pound of meat is 500g rather than 454g, so they would look more favourable than tesco. They could be shifting loads if they wanted, which would attract me more, knowing its likely to be fresher.

I see Deerings in Killiney shopping centre now have 5 fillets for €5, to match eurospars price.

We've bought meat here twice and on both occasions it had to be dumped, even the cat wouldn't eat it. Both packs well within BB date, but the stink off them when opened/cooked, don't know if it's cross contamination or what, but I won't be buying there ever again.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

uch wrote: »
    We've bought meat here twice and on both occasions it had to be dumped, even the cat wouldn't eat it. Both packs well within BB date, but the stink off them when opened/cooked, don't know if it's cross contamination or what, but I won't be buying there ever again.

Did you say it to them?
    Bought some marinated chicken from them a couple of days ago (my first purchase there) and it was lovely.

Any meat I've bought from there has been lovely, as good as many other butchers. I've been impressed. They have a good new loyalty scheme too.

There's a similar butchers called discount meats or something like that opened in Bloomfields as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Any meat I've bought from there has been lovely, as good as many other butchers. I've been impressed. They have a good new loyalty scheme too.

There's a similar butchers called discount meats or something like that opened in Bloomfields as well

I would call it a Shop that sells meat, rather than a butcher's Shop.

I would call it a Shop that sells meat, rather than a butcher's Shop.

True, there is no behind space with butchers, just shelves of pre packed meat. Good point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

True, there is no behind space with butchers, just shelves of pre packed meat. Good point :)

I know it sounds a bit pedantic, bit those places aren't much more than pile it high sell it cheap meat counters, as opposed to a proper make/prepare it on site butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Mr simms sweets to open in The Square (Pavilion Swords and Dundalk too apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

The burgers in his "free burgers" deal are disgusting rubbery yokes

• Advertisement

Superdry is too open in dundrum

Not really a opening but eurospar in killeny and dalkey is too become a supervalu and spar in stillorgen is too become a centra

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What appears to be a new restaurant called the Joshua Tree has opened beside McGarrys pub in Harold's Cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Insomnia opening shortly in Deangrange, in one of the new units on the corner that replaced AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Cafe Spirit in Belarmine, which shut down unfortunately, is now being replaced with 'Firestone Cafe Bar' - hopefully will be good for the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Starbucks open in Rathmines the last couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Synode wrote: »
    Starbucks open in Rathmines the last couple of weeks

Where in Rathmines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

On the main street. Beside the newsagents / old xtra-vision store

A new shop has opened next to Butler's in Dundrum Town Centre selling china doll things. It's seriously creepy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Pretty sure it's called The Meat Outlet? Think they're based in Santry.

A friend of mine who works in the butcher trade was telling me that the majority of Chicken Fillets (like those 6 for €7 deals mentioned above) are imported from Holland.

I notice in that Bloomfields place that all of their items are marked as 'Origin: Ireland' but there's something very generic about their labelling.
    Does anybody know the legitimacy of this? I notice their non-meat items like potatoes etc. also have this label.

Does anybody else care either way? :)

Advertisement