Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Specsavers is to open up there. Unit beside the Ecco shop, where Awear used to be I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

The Merrion Inn has finally reopened after renovations following a major fire in summer 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

JJ Darboven (the fancy coffee people) are opening in the old Irish Nationwide in Georges St DL in Spring 2014!
    http://www.jjdarboven.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

JJ Darboven (the fancy coffee people) are opening in the old Irish Nationwide in Georges St DL in Spring 2014!
    http://www.jjdarboven.ie/

Aren;t they currently near Argos? Hopefully a good move (or beside O'Briens would have been a nice location)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

New restaurant opened in Ranelagh (where Eatery 120 used to be) - "An Bhialann"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭180567

I think there is a new furniture shop called "EZ Living" opening up in Sandyford Industrial Estate, just along from the Aldi shop near the Stillorgan Luas stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

180567 wrote: »
    I think there is a new furniture shop called "EZ Living" opening up in Sandyford Industrial Estate, just along from the Aldi shop near the Stillorgan Luas stop.

Yep, that opened up last week I think

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

Lidl Ballycullen opened today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

The wardrobe man is to move beside insomnia in deansgrange from pottery road

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Tuck Box "Casual American Dining" coming to Dalkey in the old Nosh/Kellermans premises on Colimore Road

https://twitter.com/tuckboxdalkey/status/409362982574247936/photo/1

• Advertisement

Closures of late
    Dry cleaners in cornelscourt (not the one near aldos the one near the garden centre)only noticed because theyre selling christmas trees there
    Magic chef stillorgan a new cafe restaurant is too open there
    Also the eurospar in killieny and dalkey chaged to a supervalu while the spar in kilmacud moved to a centra i know theyre all owned by the same owner

New Restaurant in Ranelagh

- Brioche

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

New Restaurant in Ranelagh

- Brioche

You'd think Ranelagh would be saturated with restaurants at this stage!

Aard wrote: »
    You'd think Ranelagh would be saturated with restaurants at this stage!

And they're always busy.

Try getting in to one on a Saturday night with no reservation: Impossible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Tuck Box "Casual American Dining" coming to Dalkey in the old Nosh/Kellermans premises on Colimore Road

https://twitter.com/tuckboxdalkey/status/409362982574247936/photo/1

That opened on Saturday,.some friends went there yesterday and had a nice meal. Nice fish burger apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Shutters - new restaurant in Blackrock where Dalis used to be. At least I think it was Dalis. The one opposite the library. Odd name for an eatery.

Also - went to Travel Cafe in DL across the road from the DART this evening - I know it's been open for a good while but it's new to me. Food was great.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

zagmund wrote: »

Also - went to Travel Cafe in DL across the road from the DART this evening - I know it's been open for a good while but it's new to me. Food was great.

z

The food is nice, but the apparent good value of the specials is reduced a bit when you get the portions - miniscule. Also the space is a bit cold and warehousey. The owner is a top customer service example though, hope it goes well for her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

zagmund wrote: »

I thought it was a Travel agent with it's holiday-esque logo and all. My bad!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I keep meaning to go in there to try it. Maybe after Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

New Paddy Electronics and Barista Cafe both just opened in Leopardstown Shopping Centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Highly recommend New Paddy - in Dún Laoghaire anyway! Great bunch of lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Went into baristas today.

Not bad.

Highly recommend New Paddy - in Dún Laoghaire anyway! Great bunch of lads..
    this ain't a restaurant rocomendation thread and there seems to be alot of buisness openings of late and not alot of closures always good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

stehyl15 wrote: »
    this ain't a restaurant rocomendation thread and there seems to be alot of buisness openings of late and not alot of closures always good news

New Paddy are a pc/ phone retailer and repair shop.

Indeed, they are very good.

New Paddy are a pc/ phone retailer and repair shop.

Indeed, they are very good.
    Oh sorry

La creme bon in cabinteely has closed i think because i saw newspaper up on the windows there tonight which usually means their closed for good rather than christmas

There is a new Next there now replacing one of furniture outlets.
    Thats been open about a year id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Has anyone tried the beef from the new butcher in bloomfield in DL?? Seems too cheap, especially the mince which is meant to be 99% fat free I think?
    Would love some feedback before I try it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

leemaree wrote: »

It'd be helpful to give the slightest idea of what the article is about when linking to it. Also, the article is a month old.

(It's about Wetherspoon's purchase of Tonic in Blackrock.)

Advertisement