Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

stehyl15 wrote: »
    La creme bon in cabinteely has closed i think because i saw newspaper up on the windows there tonight which usually means their closed for good rather than christmas

Wouldn't surprise me, it never seemed to be busy and it's offering was quite weak. Urbun was probably taking all it's coffee trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I've been told that Walters in Dun Laoghaire closed it's doors at the weekend? Have no idea if this is true, other than the person who told me I would consider a reliable source. Anybody know if that's correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I've been told that Walters in Dun Laoghaire closed it's doors at the weekend? Have no idea if this is true, other than the person who told me I would consider a reliable source. Anybody know if that's correct?

From what I understand, George has lost control of all his pubs, which will now be sold off

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

New Paddy are a pc/ phone retailer and repair shop.

Indeed, they are very good.

I've also heard very good reports about New Paddy from someone who is always breaking computers and generally anything electronic! Cheap and reliable...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

uch wrote: »
    From what I understand, George has lost control of all his pubs, which will now be sold off

Yep, although I believe the Noggin inn, Scotts and the Ramblers are open. I presume Walters will re open as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

robot7080 wrote: »
    I've also heard very good reports about New Paddy from someone who is always breaking computers and generally anything electronic! Cheap and reliable...

Ill vouch for them, did a nice rebuild and upgrade on the auld pairs laptop for 150 lids, running smooth as a Bentley now.

uch wrote: »

That's insane. Apparently he paid €5.5m for Walters in 2008. I haven't lived in the area quite that long but I wouldn't have thought every pub on George's Street combined was worth that!

He also owns the Pier Inn if I'm not mistaken? That place was quiet when it was Weirs and it looks a lot quieter now.. It's the only one of his pubs I have frequented. Extremely nice staff too, hope they're not out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Yep, although I believe the Noggin inn, Scotts and the Ramblers are open. I presume Walters will re open as well.

I'd say the only reason these are still open is that they are Profitable, don't think the others are.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I wouldnt presume either Walters or the Pier Inn to reopen (that may currently be open, it changes so much who can keep up)

They'll all make nice Wetherspoons.

• Advertisement

The Pier Inn is also open, today at least.

My first day in DL this week but looks like it has been unaffected so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

I see goodfellos pizza opened in nutgrove, renalgh and leeson street dont quote wrong but think they were all godfathers pizza and more recently pizza hut delivery replacing the remainder of the pizza hut outlets that werent taking over by pizza republic

The grafton barber is too open in cornelscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

S. Caviston fishmonger opening in Monkstown Village next to Goggins in the place that was the Off licence.
    Also directly that Cavsitons Restaurant open in one half go Goggins pub.

New 'Pan-Asian' casual dining place in Dun laoghaire two doors down from Mc'Donalds.. I think it's called Kishan, or something along those lines. Popped in and the guys were quite friendly and food was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    S. Caviston fishmonger opening in Monkstown Village next to Goggins in the place that was the Off licence.

Was in the restaurant on Saturday night - lovely food & great service

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

TheVoodoo wrote: »

New 'Pan-Asian' casual dining place in Dun laoghaire two doors down from Mc'Donalds.. I think it's called Kishan, or something along those lines. Popped in and the guys were quite friendly and food was nice.
    That'll affect the byob Indian next door

Cocoon childcare is opening in killiney beside cluny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Nolan's in Terenure has closed *sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Nolan's in Terenure has closed *sob*

Was that the butchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Was that the butchers?

Fancy shop beside the Eddy Rockets ala Donnybrook Fair and Fallon&Byrne. Sad to see them go but I was surprised they lasted so long? I suppose Lidl and Tesco opening recently may have not have helped them? Hopefully all these empty shops now in Terenure get occupied in future.

• Advertisement

I believe Walters has reopened under new management? The Pier Inn has also changed hands. Is this Nama related?

Tried out Karisan today (Asian food in the old Abrakebabra). Lovely staff and good food. Very reasonable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The Walnut newsagents has opened up at Sandycove & Glasthule DART station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Newsagents in the Swan Centre (facing onto the Road) closed. Haven't been in Rathmines in the last 2 weeks so not sure exactly when

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

SuperWok in Cross Avenue, Dun Laoghaire...looks to be gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Indian takeaway which was on the premises of the lido chipper in dun laoghaire seems to have closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

The Honey Park development have shop fronts and signs up now. Seems to be opening Summer 2014. 3 units filled so far, Tesco,Boots and Costa and seems to be room for 2 more retail units.

Edit: I was told also that Tesco will be selling petrol there.

Grid. wrote: »
    SuperWok in Cross Avenue, Dun Laoghaire...looks to be gone?

I thought the same but there's a sign in the window to say they are closed for renovations. Reopens mid February.

Anyone wrote: »
    The Honey Park development have shop fronts and signs up now. Seems to be opening Summer 2014. 3 units filled so far, Tesco,Boots and Costa and seems to be room for 2 more retail units.

Edit: I was told also that Tesco will be selling petrol there.
    I thought it was going to be a tesco express or is it going to be a tesco/extra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I thought the same but there's a sign in the window to say they are closed for renovations. Reopens mid February.

Is the food from Super Wok good ?

davej

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

stehyl15 wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be a tesco express or is it going to be a tesco/extra

Its going to be a Tesco Metro, which is in between an express and full shop size wise, but with the prices of the full shop.

Advertisement