Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

CatFromHue wrote: »
    There was talk of a drive through KFC going up there, could be it.

No, KFC is further in, besides Costa and McD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Is the McDonald's open yet? Last time I was down there it looked like it was nearly ready. I don't even remember seeing KFC :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Great to see the new JJ Darboven shop open in DL - looks lovely. Hope they do well as it lifts the area.

Aard wrote: »
    Is the McDonald's open yet? Last time I was down there it looked like it was nearly ready. I don't even remember seeing KFC :\

Not yet, was there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Anyone know what they are building on the entrance to carrickmimes? Big Steele frame up.

Have heard a rumour that Powercity are opening up in Carrickmines, it could be for them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

A new Italian restaurant opened up in the former macaris premises in deansgrange

Aard wrote: »
    The sign says it will be opening in May so it should open in about a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The Park's twitter page said KFC opens 6th May and McDonalds following on the 21st May

https://twitter.com/TheParkM50J15

They also said some people have already guessed correctly what the occupant of the big new building was on their FB page but couldn't announce officially yet. The speculation on the FB page mainly seemed to be Power City so I'm guessing that's who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Definitely Power City - they ran a competition a month ago asking where their new branch was going to be & Carrickmines was the obvious answer from the multiple choices

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

stehyl15 wrote: »
    A new Italian restaurant opened up in the former macaris premises in deansgrange

Is it a proper restaurant or just another chipper ?

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Powercity, interesting that would be 3(4) electrical outlets (pc world) in the same park.

Was guessing an Argos or a bowling alley :)

uch wrote: »
    Is it a proper restaurant or just another chipper ?
    Its a proper restaurant i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Is the Tesco Express (think that's what it is!) at Honey Park open? Haven't been up that way in so long I didn't even realise it was there..

Is there anything else or just Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's going to be a what they call a Tesco Metro, probably around the size of the Ballybrack one or a bit smaller.
    As far as I know it opens on Friday.

There's also a Boots going in there, Boots are also opening in the Frascati Center in Blackrock in a few weeks, getting worse than Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Is the Tesco Express (think that's what it is!) at Honey Park open? Haven't been up that way in so long I didn't even realise it was there..

Is there anything else or just Tesco?

Friday 2nd May, Tesco Boots and Costa, with 1 or 2 more units still available AFAIK

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Read somewhere that Boots could be opening shop at Sallynoggin roundabout?

only developments I've heard about near the Noggin roundabout was the possibility of an Aldi where The Deer Hunter used to be.

Boots are also opening in the Frascati Center in Blackrock in a few weeks
    i thought they were redeveloping that

the big redevelopment of the center, assuming it actually goes ahead, wouldn't be til next year.

only developments I've heard about near the Noggin roundabout was the possibility of an Aldi where The Deer Hunter used to be.

Seriously? Tell me more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Grid. wrote: »
    Read somewhere that Boots could be opening shop at Sallynoggin roundabout?

No, they are opening a shop down the road on Glenageary Road Upper alongside the new Tesco (Park Pointe at Honey Park development) Boots opens tomorrow, Tesco on Friday

the big redevelopment of the center, assuming it actually goes ahead, wouldn't be til next year.

Planning app has only just been lodged, I can see that taking its time with appeals etc. Next year would be very optimistic

mhge wrote: »
    Seriously? Tell me more...

Somebody has applied for a discount supermarket, drive through restaurant and coffee outlet on the Deerhunter site. The perceived wisdom is Aldi, McDonalds and Costa. Planning application has only just been made so dont expect your caffeine and Big Mac hit for at least a couple of years.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Somebody has applied for a discount supermarket, drive through restaurant and coffee outlet on the Deerhunter site. The perceived wisdom is Aldi, McDonalds and Costa. Planning application has only just been made so dont expect your caffeine and Big Mac hit for at least a couple of years.
    I doubt McDonalds and Costa open their both have outlets nearby i think it will be more like another starbucks and a kfc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

stehyl15 wrote: »
    I doubt McDonalds and Costa open their both have outlets nearby i think it will be more like another starbucks and a kfc

Mac Donalds franchises are tending to be more isolated drive up ones (lv retail Park, Carrickmines) than high street atm. I'd question the supermarket more, what with Tesco opening just down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

errlloyd wrote: »
    I'd question the supermarket more, what with Tesco opening just down the road.

There 3 Tescos all within 5 minutes drive now. Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire and at the old DLGC

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    There 3 Tescos all within 5 minutes drive now. Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire and at the old DLGC

It just means there's plenty of Tescos... Lidls too. But I could use an Aldi nearby - the nearest ones are in Bray, Sandyford and Nutgrove.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Dublin 18 seems to be dominated by dunnes with leopardstown, sandyford and cornelscourt all within 5-10 minutes drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

there is an awful lot of objections, i have never seen that many.

most concern the fast food and its proximity to the play ground, schools, bus stops used by kids etc.

the other main concern is that the shopping centre doesn't fit in with a development plan and killiney shopping centre, glenageary shopping centre, honeywell Tesco are all with in the area adn that Aldi have permission in to build by the sorting office.

I can't see it getting full approval

Advertisement