Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

mollser wrote: »
    Blue orchid in Stepaside closed, loved this place for a weekend takeaway. Hopefully they're renegotiating the rent or something and do come back, even if just as a takeaway.

The Ballinteer one (beside the Coach House) isn't too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

RainyDay wrote: »
    The Ballinteer one (beside the Coach House) isn't too far away

... but I used to enjoy going into the Step for a pint outside, looking at the mountains etc while I waited for my dinner to be ready. All very pleasant.

The Coach House, conversely, is a kip and not quite the same country feel (IMO!) :P

Newtownpark Avenue isn't to far away either, the Wishing Well, hmmm... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Drove past Dominos in Dundrum and it seems to be gone or get a complete refurb, anybody know what's happening? The chipper that was next door to it is also gone and Apache pizza are opening there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

BDJW wrote: »
    Drove past Dominos in Dundrum and it seems to be gone or get a complete refurb, anybody know what's happening? The chipper that was next door to it is also gone and Apache pizza are opening there
    The one beside Dominos has been a pizza place for a while now, seems mad to have two side by side. The Dominos guys are terrible for using the cycle lane as their private parking space. Might have get onto the Gardai to have a word (when they call down to collect their dinner).
    mollser wrote: »
    The Coach House, conversely, is a kip and not quite the same country feel (IMO!) :P
    Ah here, there was no need for that now. It's a grand pub, with it's own view of the mountains (well, of Three Rock Mountain) from the smoking area, if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A "Sale Agreed" sign has been up outside Wright's Dalkey Dispensary for the past couple of months. Does anyone know what's happening to it or who has agreed to buy the premises?

Who owns it is largely irrelevant , it's who leases it is the main issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

RainyDay wrote: »
    The Dominos guys are terrible for using the cycle lane as their private parking space. Might have get onto the Gardai to have a word (when they call down to collect their dinner).
    Same problems with Dominos in Booterstown, drivers systematically blocking the paths for cyclists and pedestrians so they can get in and out as quickly as possibly. Seems like that outlet covers half of South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Same problems with Dominos in Booterstown, drivers systematically blocking the paths for cyclists and pedestrians so they can get in and out as quickly as possibly. Seems like that outlet covers half of South Dublin.

Is that in Woodbine ? Are they that bad ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

New ice cream shop on Crofton Road opposite Irish Lights, called scrumdiddlysomthing.

Looks like it just opened tonight. Friendly staff. Nom, nom.

Will be competition for Teddys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

zagmund wrote: »
    New ice cream shop on Crofton Road opposite Irish Lights, called scrumdiddlysomthing.

Drove by it this afternoon.
    Very odd choice of location!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Agree, close to zero passing footfall. Especially with so many empty units in the town and shopping centre. Who knows, but best of luck to them.

• Advertisement

I don't know . . . I always see people walking past there. It's a popular route to and from various parts of the harbour. Parking is free around there in the evenings, but you have to pay to park in the harbour area. I can't see too many people using it in the depths of Winter mind you.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

zagmund wrote: »

Must be the same crowd that own one in Donabate (Scrumdiddlyumptious). What a bloody mouthful of a name!!. The one in Donabate is packed on sunny weekends in the summer but I wonder how it copes in the winter months. I'd imagine this one may also struggle in off peak season?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Agree, close to zero passing footfall. Especially with so many empty units in the town and shopping centre. Who knows, but best of luck to them.

+1 Terrible location for any kind of shop. Even the Travel Cafe beside Milanos struggles to get passing trade and they're virtually across the road from the Dart station and the bus stops.

You'd see that ice cream shop from the bus but by the time you decide you'd like a '99' you're 200m away getting off the bus at the Dart station at which point you'd not be bothered walking back because you'd be going in the wrong direction relative to the shops in Dun Laoghaire.

I'm pretty sure that most of the footfall along that section of the road is people who live in the immediate area. There is a bus stop just down the hill from the junction with Cumberland St., another one half way towards the Dart station and another one at the Dart station so there are very few if any non-residents walking along the street at that point. I wish them luck but can't see them lasting long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ongarboy wrote: »
    Must be the same crowd that own one in Donabate (Scrumdiddlyumptious). What a bloody mouthful of a name!!. The one in Donabate is packed on sunny weekends in the summer but I wonder how it copes in the winter months. I'd imagine this one may also struggle in off peak season?

It is, yes.

We popped in this evening. Damn it's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Sherry Fitzgerald opened an office on Blackrock Main Street, while DNG have opened on the Rock Road.

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 Terrible location for any kind of shop. Even the Travel Cafe beside Milanos struggles to get passing trade and they're virtually across the road from the Dart station and the bus stops.

You'd see that ice cream shop from the bus but by the time you decide you'd like a '99' you're 200m away getting off the bus at the Dart station at which point you'd not be bothered walking back because you'd be going in the wrong direction relative to the shops in Dun Laoghaire.

I'm pretty sure that most of the footfall along that section of the road is people who live in the immediate area. There is a bus stop just down the hill from the junction with Cumberland St., another one half way towards the Dart station and another one at the Dart station so there are very few if any non-residents walking along the street at that point. I wish them luck but can't see them lasting long.

It will be a challenge for sure.

However, note that residents also eat ice cream. It's not like the only people who like ice cream are from outside DL.

My kids like a Teddys on occasion, but they can't be bovvered to walk all the way to Teddys. This will suit them. It will also suit me of a Winters Sunday walk to get a coffee on the way home. Or a crepe.

But, yes, it will be a challenge.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ongarboy wrote: »
    Must be the same crowd that own one in Donabate (Scrumdiddlyumptious). What a bloody mouthful of a name!!
    Its just scrumdiddly's, I was wondering if the full name would still be under copyright or whatever (its the name of a bar in charlie & the chocolate factory)

https://www.facebook.com/scrumdiddlysworld

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

THOHXXII_Ned_Flanders_Looney_Tunes.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Got junk mail advertising the new wetherspoons in blackrock "the tree tun tavern" is now open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Got junk mail advertising the new wetherspoons in blackrock "the tree tun tavern" is now open

Been open a week now I think everyone is aware

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

rubadub wrote: »
    Its just scrumdiddly's, I was wondering if the full name would still be under copyright or whatever (its the name of a bar in charlie & the chocolate factory)

https://www.facebook.com/scrumdiddlysworld

:eek::eek::eek:

Those pictures!!

I shall be taking a look in there soon!

Edit: Well I went there sooner that I thought in that, I'm just back!

I had a lovely SnickerBockerGlory and it seems that the more fancy ice cream dishes/cups are what is on sale here. As well as milkshakes and crepes and regular ice cream. It's like a mini ice cream desert restaurant really.

When I went in there were 2 people ahead of me, as my order was being made 2 people came in, and when I was leaving 2 more people came in so there does seem to people making the effort to go or are passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Has Baby Biz in Bloomfields Dun Laoghaire closed for good?
    I haven't been down that way for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

CatFromHue wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Those pictures!!

I shall be taking a look in there soon!

Edit: Well I went there sooner that I thought in that, I'm just back!

I had a lovely SnickerBockerGlory and it seems that the more fancy ice cream dishes/cups are what is on sale here. As well as milkshakes and crepes and regular ice cream. It's like a mini ice cream desert restaurant really.

When I went in there were 2 people ahead of me, as my order was being made 2 people came in, and when I was leaving 2 more people came in so there does seem to people making the effort to go or are passing by.

I just saw this place too, delighted to see something like this popping up in the area. I did think it was an odd location too but I hope it stays (as a local). Doers anyone know what time they open until? I can't get into facebook in work. An ice cream would be delightful this evening if it stays sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Rezident wrote: »
    I just saw this place too, delighted to see something like this popping up in the area. I did think it was an odd location too but I hope it stays (as a local). Doers anyone know what time they open until? I can't get into facebook in work. An ice cream would be delightful this evening if it stays sunny.

According to FB, open from 12:00 - 21:00

Drove past it today there looked to be a good few people in it also does anyone know if its a franchise because they have another branch in donabate

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Octotron

Anyone know what they're building in place of the old Supervalu in Shankill?

Octotron wrote: »
    Anyone know what they're building in place of the old Supervalu in Shankill?

I think theyre building a lidl and some other shops

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

stehyl15 wrote: »
    I think theyre building a lidl and some other shops

Strange they would be building a Lidl with the one in Bray so close and two near by, the one in Deansgrange and Pottery Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Bray to Deansgrange is about the same distance as Deansgrange to town. Plenty of distance for another branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Aard wrote: »
    Bray to Deansgrange is about the same distance as Deansgrange to town. Plenty of distance for another branch.

Yeah but for the residents of the Shankill, Ballybrack, Killiney area etc, Both Bray and Deansgrange/Pottery Road distances are both very close by.

Advertisement