Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

They have changed the name of weirs or more recently the pier inn to the whiskey inn or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

stehyl15 wrote: »
    They have changed the name of weirs or more recently the pier inn to the whiskey inn or something like that

The name of it is the whiskey fair now if you were wondering about the name of it.

Supermacs in Blackrock has now finished it's refit and is now both Supermacs/Papa John's. I walked past there today and it has the two logos on the outside. The inside looks fairly new with new sets of tables and chairs (no more swinging stools in there now) and a new look till counter when you order your food from there.

The name Supermacs is also lit up in the new till counter.

Also on the walls it has new posters about Dublin City in there too. A very nice improvement compared to it's last look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

errlloyd wrote: »
    So just to clarify, does curry's pc world still operate the two premises. Or just one. Sad to lose pc world though I rarely shopped there. Went in the other day, they didn't have a single win 8 Ultrabook

I think they are in the process of amalgamating their shops across the country. Any new stores are opened as joint Currys PC World stores. Makes sense as they had the same parent owners (seemed silly paying 2 rents to sell PCs in both stores in the same retail park)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think they are in the process of amalgamating their shops across the country. Any new stores are opened as joint Currys PC World stores. Makes sense as they had the same parent owners (seemed silly paying 2 rents to sell PCs in both stores in the same retail park)

Its a shame because they did stock different stuff. Curry's has a very small selection of PCs and peripherals compared to PC world. It's more in line with Harvey Norman. I can't complain really, I bought my laptop online, but I do somewhat mourn the demise of brick and mortar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

errlloyd wrote: »
    Its a shame because they did stock different stuff. Curry's has a very small selection of PCs and peripherals compared to PC world. It's more in line with Harvey Norman. I can't complain really, I bought my laptop online, but I do somewhat mourn the demise of brick and mortar.
    They should have the same stock but just in one shop instead if two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Strange, is there now 2 empties at the end? Surely that would have done DID.

Centra in cornelscourt is changing to londis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Centra in cornelscourt is changing to londis

Better not affect the quality of their chicken fillet rolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Better not affect the quality of their chicken fillet rolls!

Funny you say that, I was just saying to the missus how nice the deli is in there, decent quality stuff from a convenience shop for a change

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

In Carrickmines it's just the one-the original Curry's premises. PC World, as was, is closed down.

They are opening just one store as currys pcworld. Just branding issues and it's easier to have just one store. re-opening in 6 weeks i was told.

• Advertisement

In Carrickmines it's just the one-the original Curry's premises. PC World, as was, is closed down.

They are opening just one store as currys pcworld. Just branding issues and it's easier to have just one store. re-opening in 6 weeks i was told.

EDIT: They will be taking on 2 units next to each other from the hearsay.

rubadub wrote: »
    Theres a big thread in the beer forum about it. Most seem very pleased with everything it has to offer. They have good deals most nights, like a "curry night".

Menus here, the images are huge so I won't embed them.

Horrible food, horrible service. Stay back unless you want to drink cheap drinks. The food is literally inedible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

tnethacker wrote: »

EDIT: They will be taking on 2 units next to each other from the hearsay.

Once the renovations are complete, currys will move over to the existing pc world building and they will operate as an all in one store, with one modified unit

They will continue to run both businessess side by side for a few months until the lease expires on the currys building though

Also in carrickmines the new powercity seems to be open

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Horrible food, horrible service. Stay back unless you want to drink cheap drinks. The food is literally inedible.
    What did you order? most seemed pleased in other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

rubadub wrote: »
    Theres a big thread in the beer forum about it. Most seem very pleased with everything it has to offer. They have good deals most nights, like a "curry night".

Menus here, the images are huge so I won't embed them.

I guess you are talking about the 3 /Weather Spoons in Blackrock.

I don't think it helps anyone you berating a business on an open forum. Did you feed back your complaints directly back at source, or are you just cowardly launching your scud missiles from behind your keyboard.

We actually have dined several times there and always had good food, served up with no problems and at exceptionally reasonable prices.

T.K Maxx is opening in dundrum shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Any indication of when TK Maxx is due to open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Where in Dundrum is it?

Where in Dundrum is it?
    I dont know just heard on the radio i think its in the shopping centre

• Advertisement

Aard wrote: »
    Any indication of when TK Maxx is due to open?
    Wednesday

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Where in Dundrum is it?

In the RSA building, Balally side.

The peoples park is having its official reopening on Friday evening

They took their time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Chinasea wrote: »

We actually have dined several times there and always had good food, served up with no problems and at exceptionally reasonable prices.

Me too, I've eaten here a few times in the last couple of weeks and couldn't fault anything (well except for the Jax being so far away)

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Excellent, just in time for winter!

Excellent, just in time for winter!

No better time to warm up with a cup of joe in the tea rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

I guess you are talking about the 3 /Weather Spoons in Blackrock.

I don't think it helps anyone you berating a business on an open forum. Did you feed back your complaints directly back at source, or are you just cowardly launching your scud missiles from behind your keyboard.

Come off it Chinasea. Your not the only ethical consumer around. Sneering down your nose at anyone who fails to meet your standards as a customer. Rubadub is entitled to an opinion as any and expressing it here is no more cowardly than you having a go from behind your keyboard. Business's can succeed or die based on their standards there is plenty of market to take their place if they fail and some of us are happy to hear other customers experiences.
    For what it is worth, I found the food at whetherspoons basic in the extreme, but you get what you pay for and overall I was satisfied my visit and intend on returning. The managers specials are excellent value(3 euro for a curry for example), but orders from the standard menu not so much. Portions are predictably small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Alias G wrote: »

Business's can succeed or die based on their standards there is plenty of market to take their place if they fail and some of us are happy to hear other customers experiences
    Gosh memories are very short. Pubs, shops and restaurants have been closing down at unprecedented levels in over the past 7 years or so.

I'd be of the opinion that feedback be fed directly back to the propiter and moreso be interested to hear their response. I know I would, and my dependants would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address issues if it were my business, but to slate a business off publically frankly stinks.

Advertisement