Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

The grafton barber is now open in stillorgan shopping centre

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Noticed a few things in DL today.

Kozie has changed name to McLoughlins.
    The unit beside Legends is going to be turned into a restaurant, Kitchen 62 I think was the name.
    The Asian/ethnic food shop near Legends is closed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Noticed a few things in DL today.

The Asian/ethnic food shop near Legends is closed up.

Moved into where Knowles was back in August/Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

wowy wrote: »
    The planning file is here:

http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=D14A/0186&theTabNo=3

I read the planner's report, and had a quick look at the plans. It's permitted under the development plan, and the proposed works are minor, really. This is just a vexatious appeal by local NIMBYists. Their claim that it's a heritage town and multinationals shouldn't be there is incredibly snobby, and I hope the Bord rejects the appeal.

If and when it opens, I'll go out of my way to support it.

Just to bump this, I only today discovered that in September ABP rejected the appeal by the locals, and granted Caffe Nero planning permission with fairly standard conditions.

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/243503.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

wowy wrote: »
    Just to bump this, I only today discovered that in September ABP rejected the appeal by the locals, and granted Caffe Nero planning permission with fairly standard conditions.

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/243503.htm

Great News.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

stehyl15 wrote: »
    The grafton barber is now open in stillorgan shopping centre

And in Cornelscourt, corner of Old Bray Road and Mart Lane...

http://graftonbarbers.com/foxrock/

coylemj wrote: »
    And in Cornelscourt, corner of Old Bray Road and Mart Lane...

http://graftonbarbers.com/foxrock/

I know i stated that earlier on the thread as it opened a while ago

stehyl15 wrote: »
    I know i stated that earlier on the thread as it opened a while ago

Sorry about that. In future I'll trawl through the 89 pages of posts in this thread to make sure I'm not clogging up the place with a one-line post + URL that duplicates something you've already told us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

No need to be a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

The Pig & Heifer Tapas opening at the end of York Rd in Dun Laoghaire opposite where The Giddy Goose was (and will be again).

Bit of competition for the Gourmet Food Parlour which also does tapas nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

My mam told me only today that the whiskey fare pub in Dun Laoghaire was closed yesterday as it was a victim of last Thursday's heavy rainfall. She was going in there for lunch yesterday afternoon to discover that from a notice she read from outside the pub, it said that the whiskey fare was closed until further notice.

She had to go into the Blue Ginger on the top of Marine Road to get her lunch there instead.

Any updates on the whiskey fare about when it will re-open?

This is from their timeline page on Facebook > https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whiskey-Fair/131381973683149?hc_location=timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 1 edsalo

Golden ball in kilternan reopening soon, wasp nest of tradesmen today to try and get it ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

My mam told me only today that the whiskey fare pub in Dun Laoghaire was closed yesterday as it was a victim of last Thursday's heavy rainfall. She was going in there for lunch yesterday afternoon to discover that from a notice she read from outside the pub, it said that the whiskey fare was closed until further notice.

She had to go into the Blue Ginger on the top of Marine Road to get her lunch there instead.

Any updates on the whiskey fare about when it will re-open?

This is from their timeline page on Facebook > https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whiskey-Fair/131381973683149?hc_location=timeline

heard rumors that its also financially in trouble at the moment also.

frash wrote: »
    The Pig & Heifer Tapas opening at the end of York Rd in Dun Laoghaire opposite where The Giddy Goose was (and will be again).

Bit of competition for the Gourmet Food Parlour which also does tapas nearby.

Passed it on the 46A on Saturday, it looked pretty busy which is good. Several businesses in that part of DL have closed over the past few years, Cumberland and Robbins pubs and La Strada and Giddy Goose restaurants.

ricero wrote: »
    heard rumors that its also financially in trouble at the moment also.

Do you know how bad their finances are in terms of refurbishment/insurance cover etc?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

frash wrote: »

Is it reopening.....I was sad to see it close??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Grid. wrote: »

Read it on here but know no more
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92632243&postcount=1278

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Grid. wrote: »

Its undergoing a fit out at the moment anyway. I wonder are the Goose and the Heifer the same people? Offering different styles and menus across the road from each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Cinnamon (same as Ranelagh) opening in Monkstown this December.

The Whiskey fair is now back open in Dun Laoghaire since yesterday after it's flood damage from last Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Seriously, the toilets in the People's Park were shocking yesterday
    Does anyone know if there are plans to bring these up to even the 15th century standards. ?

I know there's been discussion about the old Playwright pub in Blackrock and how it might be opening as a Tesco Express. This morning I passed the place as a passenger in a car so was able to get a good look. The gate around the corner by the car park was locked at 11 a.m. and based on previous scans of the place when passing by, I have seen a couple of workers in there the odd time but there's certainly nothing like a building contractor doing a set renovation/refurbishment job on the place so I seriously doubt that there's an established business lined up as a tenant to take over the premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Communion Dress, Flower Girl Dresses, Christening etc. shop opening up on Georges Street/Dun Laoghaire S.C unit where S.W.A.L.K / Dubray Books used to be. It's called May's Occasions.

Scheduled to open on Wednesday 26th I think.

Along with Scrum Diddleys, Goose, Heffer, BLOQ that's the 5th business to open in recent months, and probably more I havent noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

still doesn't change the fact that people won't come to Dun Laoghaire to shop, largely because of the cost of parking.

still doesn't change the fact that people won't drive to Dun Laoghaire to shop, largely because of the cost of parking.

FYP. Dart and buses provide plenty of options to get to DL without having to worry about parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If I was driving anywhere to shop, it wouldn't be Dun Laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Discussion of DL parking charges ----> somewhere other than this thread please.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

coylemj wrote: »
    I know there's been discussion about the old Playwright pub in Blackrock and how it might be opening as a Tesco Express. This morning I passed the place as a passenger in a car so was able to get a good look. The gate around the corner by the car park was locked at 11 a.m. and based on previous scans of the place when passing by, I have seen a couple of workers in there the odd time but there's certainly nothing like a building contractor doing a set renovation/refurbishment job on the place so I seriously doubt that there's an established business lined up as a tenant to take over the premises.

Ive heard they are replacing the thatch roof with a conventional timber frame and slate roof. I presume thats to preserve the integrity of the building until a full redevelopment occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

There's a new shop opening on the side of Blackrock shopping centre on the strip a few doors from AIB. I can't remember the name, but it's a craft shop that used to be on the left on Carysfort Avenue as you come up from Blackrock.

z

• Advertisement

Along with Scrum Diddleys

Despite people saying that theyre location is bad and that they wont survive the winter theyre still doing very well deep into November now only managed to try it for the first time yesterday and the place is still fairly busy because theyre stuff is abousolutely delious i have to say theyre giving teddys a good run for their money i dont teddys is this busy at this time of year

Advertisement