Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Yeah, I passed Scrumdiddlys some night in the middle of last week at about 1945ish and there was a queue inside. That's promising for an icecream shop in late November.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Despite people saying that theyre location is bad and that they wont survive the winter theyre still doing very well deep into November now only managed to try it for the first time yesterday and the place is still fairly busy because theyre stuff is abousolutely delious i have to say theyre giving teddys a good run for their money i dont teddys is this busy at this time of year
    With the world covering the dart track. I reckon Teddys were already having a bad season

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

IT Article: Economic recovery taking root in Dún Laoghaire: www irishtimes com/news/ireland/irish-news/economic-recovery-taking-root-in-d%C3%BAn-laoghaire-1.2016285#.VHbhgAuQqBk.twitter

Along with Scrum Diddleys, Goose, Heffer, BLOQ that's the 5th business to open in recent months, and probably more I havent noticed.

what's BLOQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

IT Article: Economic recovery taking root in Dún Laoghaire: www irishtimes com/news/ireland/irish-news/economic-recovery-taking-root-in-d%C3%BAn-laoghaire-1.2016285#.VHbhgAuQqBk.twitter

Working link
    what's BLOQ?

http://www.bloq.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

frash wrote: »

So, err, it's a place to get tattoos going by the pictures on their website.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I see signs up at the forty foot. Is it open yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

I see signs up at the forty foot. Is it open yet?

Believe it is due to open for the either weekend of the 13th or 20th. Had a peer in the windows today, tiz a bit manky looking to be honest.

A shame if it's not done well, as despite whats been in there in the past (Prive, Bodega, 40FT etc.) I still believe that space to be one of the most unique and nice spots to drink in the whole of dublin.

View of the harbour and Howth and the Bay at night time having a beer and a smoke is very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Believe it is due to open for the either weekend of the 13th or 20th. Had a peer in the windows today, tiz a bit manky looking to be honest.

A shame if it's not done well, as despite whats been in there in the past (Prive, Bodega, 40FT etc.) I still believe that space to be one of the most unique and nice spots to drink in the whole of dublin.

View of the harbour and Howth and the Bay at night time having a beer and a smoke is very enjoyable.
    So what's stopping you investing the odd million and open
    up a business that you see fit?

These thow away remarks are so dysfunctional and cowardly.

Bring back the headshops, after all they were thriving businesses, and sure with a grand auld buzz going we could enjoy these million dollar views.

Chinasea wrote: »

Bring back the headshops, after all they were thriving businesses, and sure with a grand auld buzz going we could enjoy these million dollar views.

I seem to have offended you? Did you design the kind of manky interior?

Im just being an honest on an opinion board.

You seem to think that anything that is put in there should just be accepted because at least they gave it a go? Im sorry but that is not how the hospitality and service industry works.

I could be wrong, it could end up being really nice, I willk check it out and give it an honest opinion.

If the the other Wetherspoons down the road is anything to go by, I wont be holding my breath.

Have a wonderful day Chinasea.

• Advertisement

Also please explain how my remarks are cowardly? Because they are on an internet forum?

So must I go down and say it to everyone getting the place ready first?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Wow, talk about a ridiculous over reaction. The poster is perfectly entitled to post their opinion.

I live in Dun Laoghaire and I'm looking forward to the Forty Foot opening, the town is in desperate need of some night life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Sign says the 40 Foot will open on the 16th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Golden Ball looked very busy on Saturday when driving past, lots of work going on. See their fb page is running.

https://www.facebook.com/goldenballkilternan?fref=ts

Also please explain how my remarks are cowardly? Because they are on an internet forum?
    ?

A huge investment like this takes courage. Throw away destructive comments fall easy from the cradle.

A huge investment like this courage. Throw away destructive comments fall easy from the cradle.

If you're trying to sound profound, you failed miserably. If you're not, you sound demented.

As Eric Cantona once said; "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I think that says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

It's hardly a "courageous" investment for a company that last year had sales of €1.8bn and a profit of €145m. And agree with poster saying that it should be done well because it is a fantastic location and the previous occupiers had done a good job.

qb123 wrote: »
    It's hardly a "courageous" investment for a company that last year had sales of €1.8bn and a profit of €145m. And agree with poster saying that it should be done well because it is a fantastic location and the previous occupiers had done a good job.

Wha?

We're just short of tumble weed blowin through the town.

Regardless of your bank account, it takes courageous to lay your money down. What you don't need, nor indeed deserve are throw away sniffy comments before you even get your nameplate above the door.

Put your own money where your mouth is as George Best said (probably).

Looking forward to sipping a pint and looking over at de bats, but that is of course if they too are worthy enough in tumbleweed town!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I had a quick look in today - looks nice. Comfy looking couch on the corner of the balcony as well - would be lovely on a calm evening, not really when a nor'easter is blowing through...

• Advertisement

Im not a massive fan of jam as many tables in to up the capacity and up the sales approach, generally makes for a get in, eat, and get out atmosphere. Must say Balcony looks well though, hadnt seen that yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I wouldn't be a big fan of how it's looking, it looks more like a restaurant than a pub with tables jammed in everywhere. The balcony looks nice but I have to admit that I'm disappointed so far. Doesn't look like a place you would spend the night in. I'll reserve full judgement until it opens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a big fan of how it's looking, it looks more like a restaurant than a pub with tables jammed in everywhere. The balcony looks nice but I have to admit that I'm disappointed so far. Doesn't look like a place you would spend the night in. I'll reserve full judgement until it opens though.
    There's two level , I imagine one of them is more like a lounge

ted1 wrote: »
    There's two level , I imagine one of them is more like a lounge

I forgot about the upstairs, hopefully that's the case.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I forgot about the upstairs, hopefully that's the case.

Both Photos there are from upstairs (1 interior 1 balcony). My comments were based on what I'd seen downstairs.

Should be interesting none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

They are essentially cheap restaurants masquerading as a pub. They need to serve as many people as possible in one day.

If you want comfy, pay three times the going price for a Starbucks coffee and sit there all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I must say the Wetherspoons in Blackrock is plenty comfy for a long afternoons beer sampling.....so Ive heard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I must say the Wetherspoons in Blackrock is plenty comfy for a long afternoons beer sampling.....so Ive heard :P

And So I've experienced ;)

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Kitchen 62 opens today in Dun Laoghaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Kitchen 62 opens today in Dun Laoghaire

Wheres that? What they offering?

Advertisement