Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

A new barbers opended up in foxrock village

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RainyDay wrote: »
    OPW report one flood on Temple Road in the recent past, so I wouldn't rule anything out;

http://www.floodmaps.ie/View/FloodReports.aspx?Type=Reports&FloodId=11687

The Carysfort-Maretimo stream works by the Council in the last few years has addressed a lot of that flood risk

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

stehyl15 wrote: »
    A new barbers opended up in foxrock village

Let me guess - a Polish barber doing a dry cut for €8? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Carysfort-Maretimo stream works by the Council in the last few years has addressed a lot of that flood risk

I'm not sure that I'd want to bet my car on there not being another flood after rains that exceed the planned capacity. But everyone to their own....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

RainyDay wrote: »
    I'm not sure that I'd want to bet my car on there not being another flood after rains that exceed the planned capacity. But everyone to their own....

Apt username ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

ted1 wrote: »
    The misses Got a cake there on Friday, very disappointed won't be going back. Very very dry. Cream wasn't fresh either

I start by disclaiming that I know the owner of The Natural Bakery.

But did you at least go back to complain? I know that for a newly opened store everything should be perfect, however some times there are mistakes. and without being told where they are going wrong they cannot fix their mistakes.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭OssianSmyth

A previously granted permission for the Europa site included a 108 space underground car park for 69 apartments. This could cost in the region of €3m to €4.5m to construct.

The new draft county development plan allows for car-free developments
    "on suitable small-scale sites which have high levels
    of public transport accessibility, have convenient and
    safe access to local shops and community facilities
    and/or are located very close to Town Centres. "

I doubt 60 apartments would be considered small-scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

But did you at least go back to complain? I know that for a newly opened store everything should be perfect, however some times there are mistakes. and without being told where they are going wrong they cannot fix their mistakes.

No that would cost me time and money. I gave them a chance it didn't work out, I won't be back there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Can you pass this on to the owner then - can your staff sweep the breadcrumbs off the worktops please, it looks like a giant bird feeder in there! Quite untidy, for a new place especially.

I'll be back for the tomato bread though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

One of the €2 shops in dun laoghaire has closed and has a sign in the window saying an indoor market is to open, I think the opening date was May 11th.

It was the one with lots of greeting cards just inside the door.

Now only 13 or 14 €2 shops remaining in dun laoghaire!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

The Natural Bakery has nothing to do with Artisinal baking and everything to do with creating a chain/ making cash. Was so excited when the first one opened in Kilmainham but quickly realised it was just another arm of the guy who owns the Spar there's burgeoning empire

Avoid IMO.

The Natural Bakery has nothing to do with Artisinal baking and everything to do with creating a chain/ making cash. Was so excited when the first one opened in Kilmainham but quickly realised it was just another arm of the guy who owns the Spar there's burgeoning empire

Avoid IMO.

Is that not the aim of every buisness to make money of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

Is that not the aim of every buisness to make money of course

Yeah and I don't begrudge that but I was hoping for something like The Corner Bakery in Terenure and instead got Cuisine de France that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Avoid IMO.

Took a peep in the Kilmainham shop there the other day. Extortionate prices, especially for the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

A new hair salon, Salon Sia, has opened up in O'Rourke's Park in Sallynoggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

coylemj wrote: »

And your point is???????

Yeah and I don't begrudge that but I was hoping for something like The Corner Bakery in Terenure and instead got Cuisine de France that make sense?

It really is astounding. They moan when shops close, they moan when shops open. They want free parking, they want cheap food, they want organic food, they want local food, they only want a certain type of shop and so on and so forth. And then when they get a new shop all they do is get on an open forum and slag it off, with no qualms about dispatching someone's livelihood down the swany.

All these "they shouda's" are very slow to put their own money in their own pockets and open up one of these imaginary 'shouda' businesses. After all there is nothing stopping you...........except yourselves.

Maybe the Headshops did fit the bill after all. They were the busiest little shops in the history of retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Looks like Rockfield Lounge in Balally has finally closed. Awful spot. Lets hope they put a decent pub in there now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Chinasea wrote: »
    And your point is???????

Go back and read the post I was responding to and if you still don't get it, switch on your irony detector.

And your point is?

• Advertisement

And your point is?

Indoor Market opened in Dun Laoghaire where the old €2 shop was. Dreadful looking cheap shop selling a tone of crap. The shopfront is dreadful very amateur looking shop. It looks like a permanent car boot sale. I noticed the old 3 shop in DL is closed and a tiny little ice cream hut beside gourmet cafe opened

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Indoor Market opened in Dun Laoghaire where the old €2 shop was. Dreadful looking cheap shop selling a tone of crap. The shopfront is dreadful very amateur looking shop. It looks like a permanent car boot sale. I noticed the old 3 shop in DL is closed and a tiny little ice cream hut beside gourmet cafe opened

I was in there today ( not on purpose ), there was three tables at the back with people selling stuff. I really cringed when I saw them.

The Yankee Candle store in Carrickmines is to close mid June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

RosieJoe wrote: »
    The Yankee Candle store in Carrickmines is to close mid June

I'm amazed it was ever there! Quite a trek from the main area to buy some candles.

mhge wrote: »
    I'm amazed it was ever there! Quite a trek from the main area to buy some candles.

Thought with Powercity opening that they might have gotten more footfall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Was always busy when I was in it though

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Thought with Powercity opening that they might have gotten more footfall

I honestly wondered why power didnt take over one of the emty units up in carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

kevthecelt wrote: »
    Looks like Rockfield Lounge in Balally has finally closed. Awful spot. Lets hope they put a decent pub in there now

Ah no! Local work place :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Looks like The Cuckoo's Nest pub on the Greenhills Road is closing

Advertisement