Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Scotts sound like the name of a typical English boozer. Yer man George from the Noggin Inn I think used to own before he went bankrupt.

its not the UK "O'neill's" chain , it's a family called o'neill (from wicklow)that has bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Looks like Apache Pizza is opening in Deansgrange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Stephen15 wrote: »

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

tnethacker wrote: »
    Noticed that they had closed more than a week ago and for some reason they just did it secretly, no notice etc. one morning all the signs and ads were just gone.

A number of Ladbrokes branches closed suddenly in the recent weeks. They've just exited examinership so a lot of branches are gone/will go:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ladbrokes-ireland-to-exit-examinership-on-friday-345178.html

Simon

I noticed the Meat Outlet place in bloomfields has closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's currently being fitted out by a bunch of Chinese lads so it's possible that it will be a sister store of the Apache outlet in Sallynoggin which is a dual operation involving a Chinese takeaway and Apache pizza.

Coming from Deansgrange cross towards the cemetery, it's the last commercial premises on the right, opposite Twyford (indie secondhand) Motors which used to be a Statoil filling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I see the old O2 store in the Blackrock SC is getting refitted - wonder what's going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I see the old O2 store in the Blackrock SC is getting refitted - wonder what's going in there?

3?

3?

Yeah but I am pretty sure it never opened as a 3 store - but rather closed just when the changeover happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

|I noticed the Meat Outlet place in bloomfields has closed

All the meat they were selling was mainly outside from ireland. I'd rather pay the few pennies more to get proper fresh meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

SimonMaher wrote: »
    A number of Ladbrokes branches closed suddenly in the recent weeks. They've just exited examinership so a lot of branches are gone/will go:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ladbrokes-ireland-to-exit-examinership-on-friday-345178.html

Simon

Cheers mate. Was wondering how i missed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

there's a Nordic furniture place opened in one of the retail units on the old Iceland site in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

coylemj wrote: »
    a sister store of the Apache outlet in Sallynoggin which is a dual operation involving a Chinese takeaway and Apache pizza.
    I thought the noggin one was a one off, but seems there are a few of these dual shops, the chinese section is called "Lam's", there was a dual one in dun laoghaire, and one still in greystones.

I had thought Lams was in sallynoggin first, and then a apache came in too, but might be mistaken.

they're not the only ones doing it, you've got Supermacs/Pappa Johns/Quizno too.
    it's gotten to a point where very few pizza places can survive selling just pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

TOP FLOOR OF THE SHOPPING CENTRE KLAXON

The Arts & Hobbies shop is closing

(and reopening in the basement, opposite Supervalu)

No word on the Pen Shop yet.

Anyone whats going on with Pizza Republic in Cornelscourt. Loads of the stuff was moved around and it was all closed up tonight. I wonder is it just closed for renovations or for good.

what's left on the top floor other than the pen shop and the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

what's left on the top floor other than the pen shop and the pub?

Peter Mark, opticians, toilets, oh and a vending machine

might be hard getting that vending machine to move downstairs, heard they can be very stubborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mano bano

pizza hut express is opening in Sallynoggin were apache used to be up near the church. And a new chipper has opened were the Noggin grill used to be.

• Advertisement

That's gonna be a tough one to move I imagine with all the salon fixtures / fittings?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mano bano wrote: »
    pizza hut express is opening in Sallynoggin were apache used to be up near the church. And a new chipper has opened were the Noggin grill used to be.

I believe that Apache outlet incorporated a Chinese takeaway. If it's closing it probably explains why there's a bunch of Chinese lads currently down in Deansgrange fitting out a new Apache outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Take me home in nutgrove has closed and a Tiger store is opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Isn't the entrance to Farrells on that level as well?

I'd love a shot of the pizza vending machine that was on the top floor a few years ago, never got a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Anyone whats going on with Pizza Republic in Cornelscourt. Loads of the stuff was moved around and it was all closed up tonight. I wonder is it just closed for renovations or for gooad.

Got a text from them yesterday - all orders will be serviced from Killiney SC from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Got a text from them yesterday - all orders will be serviced from Killiney SC from now on.

Not too surprised, it was nearly always empty as I passed by, either to the chipper or the chinese there. I was going to give it a go if I saw a good offer/deal but it never came.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Work has started up again on Shankill Shopping Centre over the last month or so. I saw that the surface was being tarmaced this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

One of the units in under the office block opposite Dun Laoghaire DART where Milano's is, is under construction to open as a Gourmet Food Parlour. Can't remember if thats the crowd who were in Corrig Road before, but I think its a relocation

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Larbre34 wrote: »
    One of the units in under the office block opposite Dun Laoghaire DART where Milano's is, is under construction to open as a Gourmet Food Parlour. Can't remember if thats the crowd who were in Corrig Road before, but I think its a relocation

Current GFC is opposite Dole Office.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Re-locating from Cumberland street down to that unit facing the Dart station

Advertisement