Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

they're not the only ones doing it, you've got Supermacs/Pappa Johns/Quizno too.
    it's gotten to a point where very few pizza places can survive selling just pizzas.

Apache will offer a "store in store" franchise to places witha current non competing food offering - quite a few chinese takeaways have taken it up.

Supermacs, Quiznos & Papa Johns are all owned by Pat McDonagh and part of same group.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Anyone whats going on with Pizza Republic in Cornelscourt. Loads of the stuff was moved around and it was all closed up tonight. I wonder is it just closed for renovations or for good.

Walked past this evening, looks like Diep Thai are going in there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Work has started up again on Shankill Shopping Centre over the last month or so. I saw that the surface was being tarmaced this morning.

There's a new planning permission lodged:
    http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=D15A/0484&theTabNo=3&backURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href=%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=1737245%26StartIndex=31%26SortOrder=rgndat:desc%26DispResultsAs=wphappsresweek1%26BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C/a%3E

looking to do away with some stores and incorporating them in to the main unit.

so that will add another 8 weeks delay by the it gets granted, but at least its progress.

also there's a planning enquiry lodged to see if permission is required to change the use of the furniture show room in ballybrack village in to a convenience store with an internal post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭cobham

The shop that used to be where new Tiger is to set up is relocated to the old Dundrum Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭cobham

New shop in Dun Laoire is located opposite the old library building. It is a large unit but for the moment seems sparsely filled with small items such as rugs, plates, picture frames, small tables. Only open a few weeks ... perhaps awaiting delivery of more stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

cobham wrote: »
    New shop in Dun Laoire is located opposite the old library building. It is a large unit but for the moment seems sparsely filled with small items such as rugs, plates, picture frames, small tables. Only open a few weeks ... perhaps awaiting delivery of more stock.

It's a Danish design homewares store... I bet it stays this way!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

cobham wrote: »

http://nordicmakers.com/

Prices are very much in line with what you would expect. Despite the Nordic tag, I could only see Danish stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

coylemj wrote: »
    It's currently being fitted out by a bunch of Chinese lads so it's possible that it will be a sister store of the Apache outlet in Sallynoggin which is a dual operation involving a Chinese takeaway and Apache Pizza.

Walked past it last night and it looks like its gonna be a stand alone outlet.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    http://nordicmakers.com/

Prices are very much in line with what you would expect. Despite the Nordic tag, I could only see Danish stuff.

From their website it says they stock goods from the Faroe Islands. I know many people who will boycott them for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

ted1 wrote: »
    From their website it says they stock goods from the Faroe Islands. I know many people who will boycott them for that reason.

Out of interest - why would people boycott goods from the Faroe Islands?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Out of interest - why would people boycott goods from the Faroe Islands?

Whale and dolphin massacres are customary there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Honestly, I think this is REALLY scraping the barrel and a cheap shot.

This is a fabulous shop and indeed very welcomed. In a town where every second shop sits idle, you see fit to scratch around for some obscure reason as to why people should boycott it.

Do you or your family eat fish?

Chinasea wrote: »
    Honestly, I think this is REALLY scraping the barrel and a cheap shot.

This is a fabulous shop and indeed very welcomed. In a town where every second shop sits idle, you see fit to scratch around for some obscure reason as to why people should boycott it.

Do you or your family eat fish?

I Disagree.

you can't compare the Grind to eating fish. Dolphins and Whales are highly intelligent Mammals who are being butchered in a totally inhumane way.

https://www.change.org/p/end-the-faroe-islands-whale-slaughter
    http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/24/protesters-film-slaughter-hundreds-whales-faroe-islands
    http://www.seashepherd.org/grindstop/

All the shop has to do is stop selling tuff from the Faroe Islands and I and many others will welcome it.

until then i wouldn't dream of setting foot in the place

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mano bano wrote: »
    pizza hut express is opening in Sallynoggin were apache used to be up near the church.
    I doubt the pizza hut will last. There is a mizzonis down the road and dominos at the deerhunter roundabout, and the one in killiney shopping centre. The daybreak shop at the church closed and all other takeaways in the apache spot closed.

The chipper at that church spot is very good and looks to be doing quite well.

All those junk mail pizza places really annoy me, having to go fishing through your "green bin" pile to buy something at the price it should be normally.

rubadub wrote: »
    I doubt the pizza hut will last. There is a mizzonis down the road and dominos at the deerhunter roundabout, and the one in killiney shopping centre. The daybreak shop at the church closed and all other takeaways in the apache spot closed.

The chipper at that church spot is very good and looks to be doing quite well.

All those junk mail pizza places really annoy me, having to go fishing through your "green bin" pile to buy something at the price it should be normally.

I'm surprised any of them stay open there are some really good frozen pizza out there, 10 minutes in the oven and your sorted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I Disagree.

you can't compare the Grind to eating fish. Dolphins and Whales are highly intelligent Mammals who are being butchered in a totally inhumane way.

https://www.change.org/p/end-the-faroe-islands-whale-slaughter
    http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/24/protesters-film-slaughter-hundreds-whales-faroe-islands
    http://www.seashepherd.org/grindstop/

All the shop has to do is stop selling tuff from the Faroe Islands and I and many others will welcome it.

until then i wouldn't dream of setting foot in the place

You better stop putting petrol/diesel in your car too. Probably best to steer clear of Nordic Noir on TV. Are you confident of where your gas comes from for home heating? Fish and chips? Just stick to the chips from now on, smoked salmon is probably a no-no too. A lot more stuff than you realise comes from whale eating Nordic nations. You know they eat reindeer too...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

I'm surprised any of them stay open there are some really good frozen pizza out there, 10 minutes in the oven and your sorted.

Laziness my friend.

Anyway, in my opinion it will be worse and worse, come over the UK and it's fast food everywhere. The more retail stores that close in neighbourhoods and towns the more fast food joints will appear.
    How any of the places in the UK make money is beyond me, so I reckon there's still plenty of space in the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

You better stop putting petrol/diesel in your car too. Probably best to steer clear of Nordic Noir on TV. Are you confident of where your gas comes from for home heating? Fish and chips? Just stick to the chips from now on, smoked salmon is probably a no-no too. A lot more stuff than you realise comes from whale eating Nordic nations. You know they eat reindeer too...?

Didn't they steal one of our old soccer managers too?

z

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

zagmund wrote: »
    Didn't they steal one of our old soccer managers too?

z

Funnily enough, when I took my niece to see Oreland v Fatoes at Lansdowne, I discovered that the population of that country was just above the stadium capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Why would a Nordic shop be selling goods from Eygpt :D

• Advertisement

But the Faroese are the only ones who absolutely butcher whales and dolphins. I don't know where your going with your reindeer tangent.
    As someone pointed out they have a tiny population, but they manage to slaughter close to 1000 whales a year. That's up there with the japs. Many times more than any of the other Nordic countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

But the Faroese are the only ones who absolutely butcher whales and dolphins. I don't know where your going with your reindeer tangent.
    As someone pointed out they have a tiny population, but they manage to slaughter close to 1000 whales a year. That's up there with the japs. Many times more than any of the other Nordic countries

Apx. 5,500 unwanted, abandoned dogs are euthanised/killed annually in Ireland. Are you going to boycott all things Irish..

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/we%E2%80%99re-a-nation-of-mass-dog-murderers-1269371-Jan2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

And how does the killing of some whales affect you?

Do you eat meat?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

And how does the killing of some whales affect you?

Do you eat meat?

That's a stupid comment.
    That's like saying how does the rape and murder of a girls in India affect you?
    Do you have sex?

Chinasea wrote: »
    Apx. 5,500 unwanted, abandoned dogs are euthanised/killed annually in Ireland. Are you going to boycott all things Irish..

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/we%E2%80%99re-a-nation-of-mass-dog-murderers-1269371-Jan2014/
    Once again there's a huge difference between euthanising domestic animals and the slaughter of whales.
    Leaving aside the whole conservation side, you can't compare lethal injection Vs being rounded up , chased and the slashed to death with hooks. Whales and dolphins have strong family ties and are brutally murdered in front of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

After hours is over there
    >

Has anyone got anything to report on new openings in DL?

z

That's a stupid comment.
    That's like saying how does the rape and murder of a girls in India affect you?
    Do you have sex?

Nope, not at all.

People just love to be outraged because they read some article in a magazine.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Nope, not at all.

People just love to be outraged because they read some article in a magazine.

And some people read more than magazines and educate themselves. When you encounter whales and dolphins in the wild you really appreciate them and understand the need to protect them.

And some people read more than magazines and educate themselves. When you encounter whales and dolphins in the wild you really appreciate them and understand the need to protect them.

So you've seen free willy, big deal.
    Obviously no appreciate cattle or sheep then.

Anyway back on topic. Aldi Terenure is opening next week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Once again there's a huge difference between euthanising domestic animals and the slaughter of whales.
    Leaving aside the whole conservation side, you can't compare lethal injection Vs being rounded up , chased and the slashed to death with hooks. Whales and dolphins have strong family ties and are brutally murdered in front of each other.

What about the Chinese dog meat festival?
    Yulin residents cherish the annual summer solstice celebration, which involves the mass torture, slaughter, and consumption of about 10,000 dogs.

Are you going to boycott everything Chinese as well?

Advertisement