Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

RosieJoe wrote: »
    What about the Chinese dog meat festival?

Are you going to boycott everything Chinese as well?

They also slaughter and eat 4 million cats in China every year (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/indepth/2012-01/13/c_131358233.htm) but I somehow I doubt there'll be a boycott of Power City... (now open in Carrickmines)

But an obscure furniture shop, that's fair game...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

5815131_orig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So you've seen free willy, big deal.
    Obviously no appreciate cattle or sheep then.

Anyway back on topic. Aldi Terenure is opening next week.

Cattle and sheep are farmed in a sustainable manner.
    Cattle and sheep are not on the endangered list.
    Cattle and sheep are humanly killed.
    Cattle and sheep have a fast reproductive system.

Free Willy is film. my experience with Whales and dolphins is in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I see the internet cafe in Dun Laoghaire is gone, is there printing services in the library?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I see the internet cafe in Dun Laoghaire is gone, is there printing services in the library?

Yes, up on the first floor directly behind the stairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mano bano

There's a new shop opening up on George's St beside Frewen & Aylward it looks like it's going te be some sort of clothing shop

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mano bano

The new shop above is a gift shop it has a sign on window Harbour Gifts opening next week

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

mano bano wrote: »
    The new shop above is a gift shop it has a sign on window Harbour Gifts opening next week

I hope for their sake that they don't stock any Egyptian tat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Walked past this evening, looks like Diep Thai are going in there

Looks very close to completion should be open tommorow. They were just cleaning up after the builders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

There's a new nursery school/ pre school opening at the Carry Centre in Killiney. Blossom nursery school.

• Advertisement

There's a new nursery school/ pre school opening at the Carry Centre in Killiney. Blossom nursery school.

Sounds more like a garden centre, handy for parents with kids in Wyvern

So Robbins Deli in Cornelscourt is closing to be replaced by Cafe/Deli. Another vape shop opened in dun laoghaire beside mclouglins

So it looks the art and hobby shop will be relocating to the ground floor of the shopping centre looks there's isn't going to be any shops left on the top floor Harry's cafe opened a small sandwich bar in dun laoghaire shopping centre too. But hear this for abosolute madness Starbucks are opening another shop in dun laoghaire this time in bloomfields looks like every shop in dun laoghaire will soon be a Starbucks absolute madness when will they stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Stephen15 wrote: »
    So it looks the art and hobby shop will be relocating to the ground floor of the shopping centre looks there's isn't going to be any shops left on the top floor Harry's cafe opened a small sandwich bar in dun laoghaire shopping centre too. But hear this for abosolute madness Starbucks are opening another shop in dun laoghaire this time in bloomfields looks like every shop in dun laoghaire will soon be a Starbucks absolute madness when will they stop.

The following scene comes to mind:

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there's an indoor climbing (bouldering, really) wall in Sandyford industrial estate. It's new-ish. I think it's been open since around the start of the year. They also have a decent coffee machine, so it's a combo wall and cafe (for the less active).

z

[edit] - forgot to mention the name - the innovatively named "The Wall". Website at www.thewall.ie

zagmund wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there's an indoor climbing (bouldering, really) wall in Sandyford industrial estate. It's new-ish. I think it's been open since around the start of the year. They also have a decent coffee machine, so it's a combo wall and cafe (for the less active).

z

[edit] - forgot to mention the name - the innovatively named "The Wall". Website at www.thewall.ie

Being there a few times, it's a good wall and the regular change the routes

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

Tiger is opening in Nutgrove Shopping centre next friday according to their facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they're opening everywhere now, becoming the new Starbucks.

apparently The Counter is opening in Blackrock where South1/Sheehans used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

The Kingston Hotel in Dun Laoghaire is to be taken over by the same people running Oliveto's that have the bar restaurant there.

It's to be renamed as The Haddington Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

frash wrote: »
    The Kingston Hotel in Dun Laoghaire is to be taken over by the same people running Oliveto's that have the bar restaurant there.

It's to be renamed as The Haddington Hotel

Hmmm, be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't like the Olivetto set up in the bar/restaurant area and I wonder do they have any previous experience a hotel? Hopefully it doesn't result in bad news for the current hotel staff, I’m sure many of them have been there for years.
    It’s in need of a massive renovation, but I just hope it doesn't turn into a pretentious boutique hotel. I prefer the old creaky charm!

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »
    Hmmm, be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't like the Olivetto set up in the bar/restaurant area and I wonder do they have any previous experience a hotel? Hopefully it doesn't result in bad news for the current hotel staff, I’m sure many of them have been there for years.
    It’s in need of a massive renovation, but I just hope it doesn't turn into a pretentious boutique hotel. I prefer the old creaky charm!

A pretentious boutique hotel would do very well in DL. It would fit in between the higher end Marine and Fitzpatricks, the mid range Rochestown Lodge and the B&B's/Airbnb. At the moment the guest rooms in the Kingston are very poor indeed, and need a complete overhaul. The creaky corridors don't inspire confidence either.

I don't really have an opinion on the look and feel of Oliveto having only been there a few times, but a new look at the hotel is welcome IMO.

crushproof wrote: »

old creaky charm doesn't pay the bills. I like Olivetti. I imagine that they'll try and chase the wedding market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

ted1 wrote: »
    old creaky charm doesn't pay the bills. I like Olivetti. I imagine that they'll try and chase the wedding market.

Is there a function room in the Kingston presently?
    Going after the wedding market would mean closing the bar/restaurant to the public on wedding days.

I know Olieveti run the "Library Bar" too which is a small function room but not big enough for a wedding.

frash wrote: »
    Is there a function room in the Kingston presently?
    Going after the wedding market would mean closing the bar/restaurant to the public on wedding days.

I know Olieveti run the "Library Bar" too which is a small function room but not big enough for a wedding.

Scrupples!!!

theres a huge market for small-med size weddings, they currently have a few each year already

ted1 wrote: »
    Scrupples!!!

theres a huge market for small-med size weddings, they currently have a few each year already

yes, what south Dublin bride doesn't dream of having her wedding in Scruples :D

Is the space being used for anything at the moment I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Not sure if this is the correct area, but just learned this weekend that Love Crepes in thepark, Carrickmines is closing. Apparently lease terminated with 2 weeks notice.

Was Great crepes and handy pit stop if dragged out to the retail park!

km991148 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the correct area, but just learned this weekend that Love Crepes in thepark, Carrickmines is closing. Apparently lease terminated with 2 weeks notice.

Was Great crepes and handy pit stop if dragged out to the retail park!

was that the wee caravan outside Halfords?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

was that the wee caravan outside Halfords?

ye thats the one - open until the last day of September.

A bit unfortunate - the guy is genuinely shocked and has no where to find for his business at short notice!

Saba Thai now open in Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Starbucks opening in Bloomfield dun laoghaire

Advertisement