Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So Dunnes is planning a bit of a drive upmarket eh? No doubt to target SuperValu territory and put a bit of distance between themselves and Tesco and the Germans.

I wonder do they plan to improve their HR practices while they are at it....?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Larbre34 wrote: »
    So Dunnes is planning a bit of a drive upmarket eh? No doubt to target SuperValu territory and put a bit of distance between themselves and Tesco and the Germans.

Maybe if a few of the dinosaurs are moved on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They made that move a long time ago..
    John Rocha, Paul Costello and a few others have had ranges there and their food range also has upmarket prices

ted1 wrote: »
    They made that move a long time ago..
    John Rocha, Paul Costello and a few others have had ranges there and their food range also has upmarket prices

Maybe, but their bog standard clothing lines are pretty poor. Overall, not a patch on M&S for clothes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

Maybe, but their bog standard clothing lines are pretty poor. Overall, not a patch on M&S for clothes etc

Agreed, boxers and very,very,very,very,very,very dark blue socks are the only things I buy there.

Some of the Padraig Harrington golf clothes would be ok if his name wasn't so prominently plastered on them. He's not Calvin Klein

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Clothing wise dunnes is somewhere between penny's and m+s. Their range is general is between cheap and upmarket. Mind you they're prices seem to be going up all that 'my family favourites' stuff is dearer and smaller then the St.Bernard stuff. It always seems to be copying the like superquinn/supervalu and m+s with its food range.

wally79 wrote: »

Some of the Padraig Harrington golf clothes would be ok if his name wasn't so prominently plastered on them. He's not Calvin Klein

I bet Calvin Klein couldn't carry the bern at St Andrew's!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Maybe if a few of the dinosaurs are moved on

If they did, the whole empire would rapidly collapse. It's not the Dunnes' 'dinosaurs' that's the problem, it's the third generation - Ben Senior's grandchildren. It's probably the reason why 'herself' refuses to retire.

And the new cafe sol in dunnes Cornelscourt is open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Stephen15 wrote: »
    And the new cafe sol in dunnes Cornelscourt is open

Is this replacing the Timepiece Café or in addition???

• Advertisement

Seaswimmer wrote: »

It's in addition by the looks of things. It's not even in the same location it's located just across the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Seaswimmer wrote: »

When you walk in from the rear surface car park, the new coffee place is on the left on that (previously) wide corridor so IIRC it's opposite the pharmacy and optician.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

coylemj wrote: »
    When you walk in from the rear surface car park, the new coffee place is on the left on that (previously) wide corridor so IIRC it's opposite the pharmacy and optician.

Was that not where the cafe used to be many years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Was that not where the cafe used to be many years ago?

Yeah, the cafe will change location again soon as part of the refit afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Looks like the old PTSB on Blackrock Main St. is becoming a Starbucks, signs up today. They're covered up but you can make out what it says.

Is the one in the old post office closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Cue pics from the Simpsons....

Looks like the dry cleaners in stillorgan sc closed

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wahesh32

mailforkev wrote: »
    Looks like the old PTSB on Blackrock Main St. is becoming a Starbucks, signs up today. They're covered up but you can make out what it says.

Is the one in the old post office closing?

One of the staff at that Starbucks told me that they're moving from the post office to the other spot. Apparently the building they're in was bought 2-3 years ago, and the owners have asked them to leave. Not sure what they're replacing it with.

wahesh32 wrote: »
    One of the staff at that Starbucks told me that they're moving from the post office to the other spot. Apparently the building they're in was bought 2-3 years ago, and the owners have asked them to leave. Not sure what they're replacing it with.

Probably another Starbucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Heard the Terenure Inn is getting gutted and they're turning it into something similar to the Tap House in Ranelagh, sounds deadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

It looked like Burdocks in Dundrum village is closed, and a kebab place is opening up there instead.

Looks like some work is being done where Robins in DL used to be.

RainyDay wrote: »
    It looked like Burdocks in Dundrum village is closed, and a kebab place is opening up there instead.

More of them moslem folk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

RainyDay wrote: »

Aw that's a pity. Was there recently and it was closed, was wondering what was going on as no notice was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

wahesh32 wrote: »
    Starbucks in the post office is now completely closed, new (far smaller) Starbucks is now open 5 doors down beside Blackrock Cellar.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Starbucks in the post office is now completely closed, new (far smaller) Starbucks is now open 5 doors down beside Blackrock Cellar.

Back when i used to smoke, I used to enjoy a cigarette with my coffee overlooking the bay on their balcony.

It really had an amazing view there

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Back when i used to smoke, I used to enjoy a cigarette with my coffee overlooking the bay on their balcony.

It really had an amazing view there
    The new outlet is arguably better positioned for a view, but no balcony and tiny windows. So no coffee overlooking the bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

The new outlet is arguably better positioned for a view, but no balcony and tiny windows. So no coffee overlooking the bay.

The Wooden Spoon around the corner has a veranda, a view and excellent food and beverages.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Looks like some work is being done where Robins in DL used to be.

Read somewhere (here?) that a craft brewery were opening there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Awaaf wrote: »
    Read somewhere (here?) that a craft brewery were opening there.

Wasn't in this thread anyway but great news if true.

Advertisement