Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

frash wrote: »
    Wasn't in this thread anyway but great news if true.

It's a Galway Bay bar, called Beer Traders and opens next Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

It's a Galway Bay bar, called Beer Traders and opens next Wednesday.

Yes I saw the sign up today looks a bit of gentrification is going down that end of dl.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Yes I saw the sign up today looks a bit of gentrification is going down that end of dl.

Bloody hell, there'll be yuppies in suits drinking in O'Loughlins next :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users Posts: 24,081 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Beer Traders. Thats like re-christening Penneys, 'Buy Pants Here'

Darn hipsters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Hope I'm wrong, but its very difficult to run a decent bar in dun laoghaire. Only thing that might save this one is wetherspoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

damian139 wrote: »
    Hope I'm wrong, but its very difficult to run a decent bar in dun laoghaire. Only thing that might save this one is wetherspoons.

Mmmm. Gilbert & Wright's doing quite well just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Every pub of theirs has done well, it'll be fun watching people trying to order bud and Guinness :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Back when i used to smoke, I used to enjoy a cigarette with my coffee overlooking the bay on their balcony.

It really had an amazing view there

They are adding on a balcony and a small lift up to the higher level. Starbucks Blackrock new venue.

Mmmm. Gilbert & Wright's doing quite well just around the corner.

Point conceded, but its very much 20-30 age group, unlike gilbert &wright in malahide, which is all ages. Bar the purty the rest are kips

• Advertisement

Point conceded, but its very much 20-30 age group, unlike gilbert &wright in malahide, which is all ages.

Sorry but gotta disagree with you again ;)
    I'm in my 40s & often drink there with people of the same age & older
    Bar the purty the rest are kips
    Dunphy's is surprisingly pleasant as is McKennas.
    McLoughlin's isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Sorry but gotta disagree with you again ;)
    I'm in my 40s & often drink there with people of the same age & older

Dunphy's is surprisingly pleasant as is McKennas.
    McLoughlin's isn't too bad.

I always thought Whiskey Fair was doing quite well too?

Point conceded, but its very much 20-30 age group, unlike gilbert &wright in malahide, which is all ages. Bar the purty the rest are kips
    I get the feeling you don't really get out much in Dun Laoghaire.

I've only recently rediscovered Mc kennas, I find dunphys jaded and too hot. I used like walters and weirs was OK initially. I am from, and work in, dun laoghaire but you're right, I don't get out much there purely because I'd rather go to the graduate or the grange

Obviously each to their own, and as I say, I hope this new pub does well

Each to their own is right. I despise The Gradge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,081 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

McKenna's revamp is a very nice job, I think the new fancy apartments alongside have had some influence or other. Nice spot for an old fashioned quiet pint and chinwag.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wouldnt be a big Gradge fan tbh, i preferred it when it was old and musty and had " the college" upstairs, it's a little too new and soulless for me tbh

I will always be a Bakers man at heart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Larbre34 wrote: »
    McKenna's revamp is a very nice job, I think the new fancy apartments alongside have had some influence or other. Nice spot for an old fashioned quiet pint and chinwag.

Have they done anything to the Bar in McKenna's ?

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Have they done anything to the Bar in McKenna's ?

Nope - still the same thankfully

• Advertisement

Had 6 very nice scoops in Mc kennas today. Hope that business goes well

New takeaway " the curry house" on George's street dun laoghaire, beside sherry Fitzgerald. One less empty unit!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

I saw a van moving a load of stuff out of Walters the other day. No sign of any work since.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Reads are opening where Xtravision used to be in Stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

The Gourmet Pantry (Italian deli with great range of cheese) opened on Georges St Lower. 10% off everything until Sunday. Beer Traders opens on York Road today at 3, free pint between 5-7 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Reads are opening where Xtravision used to be in Stillorgan

They might do ok on the printing end of things, but people will sooner go to Bookstation/Tesco/Dealz over in the centre for stationery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Gourmet Pantry (Italian deli with great range of cheese) opened on Georges St Lower. 10% off everything until Sunday. Beer Traders opens on York Road today at 3, free pint between 5-7 today.

Availed of my free pint on Wednesday, really like the place, quite simple layout, hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They might do ok on the printing end of things, but people will sooner go to Bookstation/Tesco/Dealz over in the centre for stationery.
    When I was in college, many moons ago, reads was by far the cheapest for stationery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

There's a spar going in at the student residences where the old montrose used to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Stephen15 wrote: »
    There's a spar going in at the student residences where the old montrose used to be

And an insomnia I think!

Advertisement