Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

ted1 wrote: »
    That's a council project , see ya in 2030.

I did see a barge at the mail pier during the week that looked like it wasn't fit for leaving the harbour. It looks like may have been laying the pipes for the heat exchanger

Those chaps at the Carlisle pier are working on repairs to the fenders and piling on Berth 2 (East pier side of the Carlisle Pier). It's to allow small cruise ships, navy ships, Granuaile etc to dock without bits of the pier falling off! There are other chaps working on Berth 4 and 5 (the old Lynx berth and the HSS berth) to take away the old Stena infrastructure - namely the walkways and loading ramps for the HSS.

No move on the Urban Beach so far.

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Toymaster is opening in Bloomfields, in the unit formerly occupied by Wilde Books (beside Boots).

• Administrators Posts: 53,835 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There is a beauty salon (or something like that) opening in Central Park in June. Pretty sure it's the first one of those retail units that have actually been rented out in years.

awec wrote: »
    There is a beauty salon (or something like that) opening in Central Park in June. Pretty sure it's the first one of those retail units that have actually been rented out in years.

at the risk of sounding thick, where is Central park? I've never heard of it (moved back 2 years ago so missed a few naming ceremonies).

Heard a whisper that Argos might be leaving Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

at the risk of sounding thick, where is Central park? I've never heard of it (moved back 2 years ago so missed a few naming ceremonies).

Central Park is Leopardstown I think, sort of behind Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There is a new hair dressers between apple green and paddy power in Ballybrack village called hairquarters or something along that line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

metinx you need to go away and come back with hard facts:D

yep, it's a luas stop

damian139 wrote: »
    metinx you need to go away and come back with hard facts:D

You should quote the post your referencing, it puts your comment in context

my apologies , I was only joking. didn't imagine the quotation police would jump in with their size 7s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

There is a new hair dressers between apple green and paddy power in Ballybrack village called hairquarters or something along that line

Or is it a barber? I heard that a barber was supposed to go in there!

also, it's ' you're ', not your, if we're being pedantic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Perhaps relocating to Carrickmines

my apologies , I was only joking. didn't imagine the quotation police would jump in with their size 7s

Not quotation police was just trying to politely say your post made no sense without context.
    Maybe you should learn to be polite and people will understand you better.

also, it's ' you're ', not your, if we're being pedantic

Are you a nob or knob ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Are you a nob or knob ?

Did knobs and knockers on Nassau street get renames to nobs and knockers or was I imagining that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Toymaster is opening in Bloomfields, in the unit formerly occupied by Wilde Books (beside Boots).

will be interesting to see if they can compete on price with Tesco & Argos?

remember they had a toy shop go into the old Knowles site?
    it lasted all of five minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

It's a new barbers called HeadQuarters. Next door to Paddy Power in Ballybrack Village

• Administrators Posts: 53,835 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's the offices / apartments / retail units beside Vodafone and the Clayton Hotel in Leopardstown. I've no idea why it's called Central Park because there's nothing central about it, nor is there any sort of park.

To date the only retail units have been Centra, Munchies and Baan Thai. The rest of the units have been empty since they were built back in the Tiger, but there is a beauty salon opening in one of them now (the unit closest to the Luas stop).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

remember they had a toy shop go into the old Knowles site?
    it lasted all of five minutes.
    there was something odd & creepy looking about that shop. All the boxes in the window had faded terribly in the sun.

It is now the sari sari Filipino store that was previously opposite walters pub at the peoples park. I find it has gotten better these days. Always check the BB dates in these shops.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Ah jaysus no, were will I be geddin de jewelledry for de moh now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

New windows and doors appeared in the long boarded up large unit across from Applegreen in Ballybrack village. Looks retail ready?

mhge wrote: »
    New windows and doors appeared in the long boarded up large unit across from Applegreen in Ballybrack village. Looks retail ready?

Cycled past there this morning and didn't notice,

Kitchen 62 and the Silver Moon Cafe both gone from Upr Georges St.

I passed Kitchen 62 yesterday and noticed signs in the window saying that is reopening "very soon".

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

I passed Kitchen 62 yesterday and noticed signs in the window saying that is reopening "very soon".

Yeah I was surprised when I saw they had closed because they always seemed busy at the weekends alright. Probably very slow trade during the week.

The Vanilla Pod (of Carrickmines retail park fame) are opening a unit in the Blackrock Shopping Centre on the ground floor where that cafe encore used to be.

Also heard that the Mellow Fig are opening a take out only deli two doors down from where Rage restaurant is in Blackrock

I see pizza republic on Leeson street has gone

New Coffee shop opening up in Cornelscourt and Twyford Motors in Deansgrange looks to have gone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,446 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Stephen15 wrote: »
    New Coffee shop opening up in Cornelscourt and Twyford Motors in Deansgrange looks to have gone

Do you mean the 'Sol' operation in the rear corridor of Dunnes Cornelscourt? That's been in operation for a while now.

Twyford Motors has moved to Cornelscourt according to the guys in the fruit & veg shop across the road, I've no idea where exactly.

coylemj wrote: »
    Do you mean the 'Sol' operation in the rear corridor of Dunnes Cornelscourt? That's been in operation for a while now.

Twyford Motors has moved to Cornelscourt according to the guys in the fruit & veg shop across the road, I've no idea where exactly.

No its going in beside The Grafton Barber where Robbins Delicatessen used to be. Twyford Motors is now open at the back of where the Garden Centre used to be according to their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

coylemj wrote: »

The entire Twyford motors site and adjoining buildings and car park seems to have been cleared up and cleaned in the last few days. Plans afoot for development maybe??

Advertisement