Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

new bike shop on York Road http://www.dlbcycles.ie/

They sell fixies and cargo bikes, hipsters are fast getting a one stop shop down that end of town with craft beer, beard oil, fancy coffee etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,446 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    The entire Twyford motors site and adjoining buildings and car park seems to have been cleared up and cleaned in the last few days. Plans afoot for development maybe??

I just noticed that the Twyford car stock had been cleared out, didn't notice that the site next door had been cleaned up. Difficult to see what kind of businesses could flourish there, very little footfall and not much parking on the main road during business hours. There is plenty of parking at the rear but most people passing in cars wouldn't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

coylemj wrote: »
    I just noticed that the Twyford car stock had been cleared out, didn't notice that the site next door had been cleaned up. Difficult to see what kind of businesses could flourish there, very little footfall and not much parking on the main road during business hours. There is plenty of parking at the rear but most people passing in cars wouldn't know that.

Maybe it might go back to being a petrol station

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

ted1 wrote: »
    That's a bit morbid..

There is a lot of old people in the area....

What's happening in the building that housed the playwright and lately tgi Fridays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

declanleo wrote: »
    What's happening in the building that housed the playwright and lately tgi Fridays?

Absolutely nothing. Every second person has heard rumours of various tenants like Tesco or Aldi but as of yet, nothing has happened and it's been effectively idle for nearly two years since it was done up.

Absolutely nothing. Every second person has heard rumours of various tenants like Tesco or Aldi but as of yet, nothing has happened and it's been effectively idle for nearly two years since it was done up.

We'll something is going in as a new car park was put in two weeks ago along with new services in the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

We'll something is going in as a new car park was put in two weeks ago along with new services in the road.

Yes but the overall job has been going on for about 30 months

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sure five months ago they gave it a paint job and a year prior they removed the thatched roof.

It's a very slow odd process.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sure five months ago they gave it a paint job and a year prior they removed the thatched roof.

It's a very slow odd process.

Must be each the guys who own Shankill shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe they're getting it ready for The Pen Shop for when they leave DLSC.

uch wrote: »
    Yes but the overall job has been going on for about 30 months

+1 there are still health and safety notices on the hoarding as if it's an ongoing construction project. A lot of money was spent removing the thatch and installing a new slate roof so somebody has plans for the place but it sure is moving along very slowly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Anyone know what's being built in the old Deerhunter site?

The hoardings around the site have been up for years but driving by yesterday I noticed something was actually being built in there!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Anyone know what's being built in the old Deerhunter site?

The hoardings around the site have been up for years but driving by yesterday I noticed something was actually being built in there!!
    Lidl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Really?

So they'll have a Lidl and and Aldi right next door to each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Really?

So they'll have a Lidl and and Aldi right next door to each other?

Happens a lot in small towns. In Terenure they are just a stones throw away from each other. Same in Nutgrove

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd say it's a lot more than just a LIDL, passed it the other day on the Bus and there are an awful lot of pilings going in for just a LIDL, I'd say there are some Appts aswel, or some kind of Mall

21/25

So that's three lidls now in less than a 3 mile radius are lidl becoming like starbucks now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I'd say it could be something similar to the Lidl in Greystones. Plenty of retail units along with the Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

There's a new Post Office in Foxrock village.

• Advertisement

Dubl07 wrote: »
    There's a new Post Office in Foxrock village.

Yeah its been there 4 or 5 months now very handy parking isint as good as the old one though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Yeah its been there 4 or 5 months now very handyparking isint as good as the old one though

I know what you mean about parking. The new deli using their car spaces for tables and the estate agents reserving their spaces for themselves were unhelpful. Wasn't there talk of parking for the village somewhere inside the racecourse? All that free parking on Westminster Road and Torquay Road should be Pay and Display. I think a lot of people are using it as a free park and ride spot.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    All that free parking on Westminster Road and Torquay Road should be Pay and Display. I think a lot of people are using it as a free park and ride spot.

I wouldn't it's being as a park and ride as such it's a fair bit of a walk from the luas or the 46a/145

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

New Pizza places called Woodfired & Green opening near the Pizzicato in Sandyford Industrial Estate.

That makes 4 pizza places in close proximity.

I'd say it's a lot more than just a LIDL, passed it the other day on the Bus and there are an awful lot of pilings going in for just a LIDL, I'd say there are some Appts aswel, or some kind of Mall

That's what you would have said if you saw the massive hole in the ground they dug at Deansgrange Cross for the LIDL that's there now. Below the store (a joint development with Bank of Ireland), there's four levels of an underground car park. And there's another LIDL barely more than 1 km away just off Pottery Road with a massive surface car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

coylemj wrote: »
    That's what you would have said if you saw the massive hole in the ground they dug at Deansgrange Cross for the LIDL that's there now. Below the store (a joint development with Bank of Ireland), there's four levels of an underground car park. And there's another LIDL barely more than 1 km away just off Pottery Road with a massive surface car park.

It was an interesting design choice given that a stream runs across the junction. At least one level has flooded significantly (i.e. at least half way up) in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

DLRCC planning application: D14A/0865
    Block A: 4/5 storey retirement home
    Block B: 3 storey medical centre
    Block C: "Discount supermarket" over ground floor parking

Planning permission initially refused due to building size, contravention of various development and sustainability plans and policies and road safety. Granted on appeal to APB against their own inspector's recommendation. Right or wrong decision, the planning system in this country is a bad joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Caviston's have applied for planning permission to develop old Bistro Vino building into a restaurant. Believe they'll be moving existing restaurant there - with sea views from the upper floor. Shop will then be extended into current restaurant space afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Planning permission granted for Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre revamp. Good to see:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/d%C3%BAn-laoghaire-shopping-centre-revamp-gets-the-go-ahead-1.2717858

Advertisement