Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Did it open today? Drove past around 4pm and couldn't work out why there were bouncers outside.

Thursday according to their Facebook page, people giving out about being refused entry in tracksuits ect already

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thursday according to their Facebook page, people giving out about being refused entry in tracksuits ect already

Newly-opening pubs tend to act as a magnet for troublemakers and messers who are already barred from the other pubs in the neighbourhood, it's no harm to quickly get the name of having a strict door policy to deter them. That can mean that perfectly decent people get bounced but if you're wearing a tracksuit you can bugger off home and put on real clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Thargor wrote: »
    Except double-triple the prices on everything.

pricing not overly gougy

http://www.dundrum.ie/images/five_guys_menu.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

IrlJidel wrote: »
    The Bottle Tower pub in Churchtown has reopened. Going down the craft beer route.

Would you know the name of the owner or manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,530 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Eddie rockets prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ted1 wrote: »
    Eddie rockets prices

in ER you can add a regular chips & regular drink to a burger for €4.50, it is €7.75 to add those in five guys as they have no "meal deals" at all.

ER have a family deal for €30

Family Special
    Choose any 2 hamburger meal & any 2 Rockets junior meal

• Registered Users Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭listermint

over 18 Euro for a burger thats just a burger and chips is gougy , especially when these guys are paying the lower rate of VAT that the government introduced.

So yeah gougy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Their chips prices look a bit pricey other than I wouldn't say its extortionate but not cheap either.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Eddie rockets prices

Yip...but tastier! :)

Was in 5 Guys in Belfast recently, and, just back from Dundrum now.

Bill (for 4 of us) was comparable to ER (but the food is far tastier!).

As for the fries, a large fries will serve 3 or 4 people, and, in fairness they tell you/suggest that when ordering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Did it open today? Drove past around 4pm and couldn't work out why there were bouncers outside.

No Carlsberg on tap apparently, going down the craft beer route, not sure how well that will go down for the Loreto lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Insomnia in Ballybrack village has officially opened.

crazyderk wrote: »
    Insomnia in Ballybrack village has officially opened.

Cycled past it there morning, the staff looked pretty bored. Be interesting to see how it does.
    There's no parking so they'll rely on people walking there.
    I know if I'm meeting friends we'd go to the vico hill tea rooms. As some might be driving and some might be walking

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Lidl are to open in Shankill shopping centre, the existing tenants have have got official letters saying that Lidl are now their landlords.

I imagine that they could open it fairly fast, as from the outside it looks ready to go.

nearly 3 months after this was posted the Irish Times lead with it in their Business section today http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/lidl-planning-state-of-the-art-shankill-store-1.2827439

State of the art Lidl, haven' we come a long way.

nearly 3 months after this was posted the Irish Times lead with it in their Business section today http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/lidl-planning-state-of-the-art-shankill-store-1.2827439

State of the art Lidl, haven' we come a long way.

That reads that they might level the site !!!!

Spar in Sandycove is closing next Friday.

Topaz Dalkey is currently closed, undergoing a redevelopment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Spar in Sandycove is closing next Friday.

Topaz Dalkey is currently closed, undergoing a redevelopment.

:eek::eek:

Oh no. I know they have the one in Glasthule now that used to be Centra but still. I would have thought they made enough money to keep it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

:eek::eek:

Oh no. I know they have the one in Glasthule now that used to be Centra but still. I would have thought they made enough money to keep it going.

The prices they charge, they should be making a fortune.

A couple of the smaller shops there are also closed I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

New restaurant opened in Monkstown. La Plancha. Upove Spar on the crescent. Looked busy. Steaks, surf&turf and all that sorta thing.

Free chicken wings on Mondays for the month of October. Best a luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The prices they charge, they should be making a fortune.

Could be that exact reason why they closed. Most people will not regularly shop in a store where they feel they are being ripped off.

all the same, it's very sad, there's been a convenience store/small supermarket on that site since at least the 60s. I believe that the management company that run it (and Glasthule) also own the building so there might not be a replacement any time quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

That's a shame; thought it did well enough to survive. Unfortunately, this probably signals the death knell for that row of shops as this will further reduce traffic. Would expect Wine Buff to be next to go, bookshop and charity shop might survive as not really commercial businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Chinasea wrote: »
    New restaurant opened in Monkstown. La Plancha. Upove Spar on the crescent. Looked busy. Steaks, surf&turf and all that sorta thing.

Free chicken wings on Mondays for the month of October. Best a luck.

They used to be on Newtown Park, near the Wishing Well. I ate there a couple of times and enjoyed the food but the physical space was very tight. I hope they do well in Monkstown and intend to go and see for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

The Box Tree restaurant and Wild Boar bar in Stepaside village have closed in recent weeks unfortunately, its a shame I really liked both places. There's a sign on the windows now saying "Fern and Co" will be opening there shortly, at least it looks like another restaurant/bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Just noticed earlier that McDonaghs Pub in Dalkey has been closed since last weekend after 6 years in business. I wonder what's going to take its place.

I hear Frangos in Dundrum SC is gone to be replaced a subway and a number of other restaurants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I hear Frangos in Dundrum SC is gone to be replaced a subway and a number of other restaurants.
    There's a big sign saying Chopped is going in. Couldn't see any other signs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

The Mig wrote: »
    There's a big sign saying Chopped is going in. Couldn't see any other signs

Subway and costa are others on the sign, there was around 6 in total

Just noticed earlier that McDonaghs Pub in Dalkey has been closed since last weekend after 6 years in business. I wonder what's going to take its place.

Gary Whelan, formerly of Whelan's in Wexford St., has bought it. He's just sold a pub in Brighton for £4.5m. Three month refurb I heard.

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

KingCong wrote: »
    The Box Tree restaurant and Wild Boar bar in Stepaside village have closed in recent weeks unfortunately, its a shame I really liked both places. There's a sign on the windows now saying "Fern and Co" will be opening there shortly, at least it looks like another restaurant/bar.

Ah balls, the Box Tree was really nice. Always seemed busy enough when I was in.

• Advertisement

Subway and costa are others on the sign, there was around 6 in total

Yeah dundrum does kinda need a proper food court rather than just standalone restaurants. A Burger King and Supermacs is what Dundrum needs aswell. I hear Frangos is actually staying along with the Subway, Chopped and Costa.

Advertisement