Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Next door to Mutt Ugly.

Lids will be opening where Jason's used to be.

Welcome addition that Tesco Express.

What happened to Jason's anyway? Would have thought Ken Doherty might have had an interest in keeping it open at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

SHOVELLER wrote: »

Welcome addition that Tesco Express.

What happened to Jason's anyway? Would have thought Ken Doherty might have had an interest in keeping it open at the time.

Ken Doherty opened a new snooker academy in Terenure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Where is it?

Synode wrote: »

Where is it?

In behind Brady's pub

Yeah I know that but Jason's was his spiritual home. Just wondering what happened to it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

In behind Brady's pub

Is it new? Thought it was a woman's gym in behind Brady's

Synode wrote: »
    Is it new? Thought it was a woman's gym in behind Brady's

There almost 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Card shop in Dun Laoghaire is closing down. Think its called Card House opposite M&S, Also saw some work being done on the new Nandos where the harbour bar used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Fish antics on York rd seems to be gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Fish antics on York rd seems to be gone too.

Yea, Simon is working on research projects out in Galway, with the University now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Anyone know the latest on when the Shopping Centre is going to open in Shankill again opposite the church. It's been closed for about 5 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

leemaree wrote: »
    Anyone know the latest on when the Shopping Centre is going to open in Shankill again opposite the church. It's been closed for about 5 years now.

The chemist never closed, some of the other units have come back to life also. Just needs a gardener to tidy it up.

The chemist never closed, some of the other units have come back to life also. Just needs a gardener to tidy it up.

Yeah I know the chemist stayed open but i never knew about other retail units opening up again? Someone need to clean it up alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Pizza Hut has gone from Killiney SC, some other pizza company are there now. I think they had a place in Cabinteely too which is gone also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Tropica, on the squareabout in Dalkey is to be a chinese restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It has been bought by a private foreign investor, plans afoot to reopen the main retail unit as a modern super valu/eurospar type and revamp the whole property. Itll probably end up being a Lidl.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

jpfahy wrote: »
    Pizza Hut has gone from Killiney SC, some other pizza company are there now. I think they had a place in Cabinteely too which is gone also

Are you sure it's not PHD?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 coupons1987

No Pizza Hut Delivery are gone in Killiney , Cornelscourt and Malahide its Pizza Republic in these outlets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It has been bought by a private foreign investor, plans afoot to reopen the main retail unit as a modern super valu/eurospar type and revamp the whole property. Itll probably end up being a Lidl.....
    Any idea whose going in to the old ambulance site, I was thinking Aldi or lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I called them up about 2 years ago checking what sort of money they were after for renting the units. I can't remember exactly what the figure was, but remember thinking that it was utterly mad. The rep made some vague claims about a key anchor tenant moving in, in a vague non-specific timeframe....nothing happening so far. The whole place looks so run down now it's hard to see anything but a complete redevelopment happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭OssianSmyth

The Shankill Centre was sold last autumn for €6m. Pre-planning meetings were held with the new owner - according to the council - but no planning app yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

liffeylite wrote: »
    where is the Tesco express in ranelagh? I thought it was an Aldi that was opening?

Aldi going in where the market was I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Peats in Rathmines is closed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

There is a Chinese restaurant due to open soon in Dun Laoghaire, in the old Easons shop.

Lola92 wrote: »
    There is a Chinese restaurant due to open soon in Dun Laoghaire, in the old Easons shop.
    Yeah it's call the bluce ocean or something similar. I seen that about 2 weeks ago that it was starting to open but no date yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Yeah it's call the bluce ocean or something similar. I seen that about 2 weeks ago that it was starting to open but no date yet

It's called "The Blue Ginger".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's called "The Blue Ginger".

Not the most appetising of names.

I wish the best to anyone taking the plunge and investing these days, but I could not think of a worse location for a new restaurant than that one, the worst spot in a ghost town. No evening footfall or passing trade, no parking, no option even to pull in for a takeaway (if thats part of their offering)

Noodlemee closed in Ranelagh. Reopening as Door 51 (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Not the most appetising of names.

I wish the best to anyone taking the plunge and investing these days, but I could not think of a worse location for a new restaurant than that one, the worst spot in a ghost town. No evening footfall or passing trade, no parking, no option even to pull in for a takeaway (if thats part of their offering)

The name is self contradicting in that "ginger" implies redness and blue...well...erm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The name is self contradicting in that "ginger" implies redness and blue...well...erm!

Maybe it is owned by Ian Madigan?

Advertisement