Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Anyone what is the building work beside Tesco in Stillorgan is all about

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

I presume they are starting the initial works for the redevelopment. It needs a bit of a refresh to be fair.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/energy-and-resources/major-overhaul-being-planned-for-stillorgan-shopping-centre-1.2256520

New cafe beside The Blue Ginger place in DL which I can't for the life of me remember the name of

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

The Pig and Heifer Tapas place in Dun Laoghaire is closed down now :( so disappointing as it was a great place for a tasty sandwich at lunch

The Pig and Heifer Tapas place in Dun Laoghaire is closed down now :( so disappointing as it was a great place for a tasty sandwich at lunch

It looks like it could be just renovations I drove past it the today and that's what it could be

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It looks like it could be just renovations I drove past it the today and that's what it could be

No, we went there for lunch at least once a week so a few weeks ago when it wasn't open we emailed and they confirmed it is closed for good :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

New cafe beside The Blue Ginger place in DL which I can't for the life of me remember the name of
    Cafe Q

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

two new restaurants opening on Patrick St, Dun laoghaire. http://zerozeropizza.ie/ going into the former pet shop premises. And Kyoto Asian Street food going in where the coffee shop was (few doors before Bits and pizzas). Kyoto are also hiring if you know anyone that's looking. Full and part time positions.

Kyoto Asian Street Food has opened on Patrick St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Kyoto Asian Street Food has opened on Patrick St

Visited today and it's a thumbs up from me: nice food, very fresh and flavoursome. Nice interior with both small and communal tables if you want to sit down. They have a lunch special when you get a main dish, a can and an ice cream cone (that you make yourself) for a tenner. Was packed lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

The Mig wrote: »
    Cafe Q

Happy to see a new cafe open but just wonder is there really a market for another one in that area? There's at least 4 others within a 3 minute walk. Thought there might be an angle but it looks like coffees pastries and sandwiches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

No, we went there for lunch at least once a week so a few weeks ago when it wasn't open we emailed and they confirmed it is closed for good :(

Such a shame. Though it was in a bit of a funny spot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0404/865025-new-smiggle-store/

Australian stationery chain opening in Dundrum

Such a shame. Though it was in a bit of a funny spot there.

passed today and it looks like it's being refitted already.

At the very other end of Dun Laoghaire, the old McGovern's premises (most recently the Dun Laoghaire Pharmacy), is becoming a new office for Haines property management.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

passed today and it looks like it's being refitted already.

Never ceases to amaze me how so much money gets poured into new restaurants yet the failure rate is so high.

coylemj wrote: »
    Never ceases to amaze me how so much money gets poured into new restaurants yet the failure rate is so high.

In fairness the same could be said about all new buisnesses not just restaurants but shops aswell.

It obviously makes to open up new restaurants where there was another one previously located as a lot of the equipment will already be in place. All money really goes into decoration the premises

The reason could down to fact there is hype when new restaurant opens up if it gets a good write up in a paper then this is increased. It's novelty at first which eventually dies off.

Restaurants owners probably get short term leases and then realise when lease is up and the price is upped it's not really worth their while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Any update on the rumours of which retailer is going into the Dun Laoghaire SC?

TKMaxx seems to be the popular one but I've also heard Heatons (which wouldn't be great tbh) & Forever 21

frash wrote: »
    Any update on the rumours of which retailer is going into the Dun Laoghaire SC?

TKMaxx seems to be the popular one but I've also heard Heatons (which wouldn't be great tbh) & Forever 21

John Lewis (probably less likely) is also being rumoured. I'd say Forever 21 isint all that likely either. Heatons or Sports Direct or both as they all owned by Ashley and TK Maxx are both realistic enough too.

I can't any largeneral multinationals using DLSC as the pathway into Ireland

John Lewis (probably less likely) is also being rumoured. I'd say isint all that likely either Forever 21. Heatons or Sports Direct or both as they all owned by Ashley. TK Maxx is realistic enough too

I've heard that it could be Uniqlo making their first move into Ireland. If they did a re-release of their Orla Kiely collaboration they'd probably cover their costs on day 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

John Lewis (probably less likely) is also being rumoured. I'd say isint all that likely either Forever 21. Heatons or Sports Direct or both as they all owned by Ashley. TK Maxx is realistic enough too

John Lewis would need to take over the entire shopping centre.

Anyone know what the new restaurant is that has taken the Pig & Heifer's spot? It's called 'Feast' I think, but can't find anything about it online!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Anyone know what the new restaurant is that has taken the Pig & Heifer's spot? It's called 'Feast' I think, but can't find anything about it online!

The Pig and Heifer was probably the nicest Restaurant's in DL. It will be missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Tried Feast the new restaurant/cafe who have taken over the spot where the Pig & Hefer was on York Road.

Interesting menu. Change from the usual. Not loaded with calorie filling carbohydrate foods.

4 of us dined for brunch. Really, really tasty and very well put together. Gourmet smack. Portions were controlled.

Nice art work too. Getting a Transavalian vibe. Cool original painting by a friends child of the proprietors.

Fab coffee. Wishing them success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭caviardreams

They are on instagram I think!
    https://www.instagram.com/feastdunlaoghaire_/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Lidl are holding an "information evening" at Shanganagh Park House from 17:00 to 19:00 next Monday where they will reveal their "masterplan proposals".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never even heard of Shankill Shopping Centre! Thats going to be 2 Lidls very close to each other isnt it? I cycle that route a lot and you're barely through Shankhill and you're passing the Bray Lidl, thats on a bike. I suppose that backed up roundabout was putting people off heading that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Thargor wrote: »
    Never even heard of Shankill Shopping Centre! Thats going to be 2 Lidls very close to each other isnt it? I cycle that route a lot and you're barely through Shankhill and you're passing the Bray Lidl, thats on a bike. I suppose that backed up roundabout was putting people off heading that way.
    Sallynoggin, deansgrange and pottery road are all very close too, itz ze German way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I find this video explains why you have competitors so close to each other.
    Maybe the same logic applies for stores of the same chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

crazyderk wrote: »
    I find this video explains why you have competitors so close to each other.
    Maybe the same logic applies for stores of the same chain?

This video also explains exactly why political parties in a two party system (like the states) tend both move towards the centre of the political spectrum.

Anyone know what they're doing with the newsagent in Dunnes Cornelscourt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Anyone know what they're doing with the newsagent in Dunnes Cornelscourt

Turning it into a much required coffee shop! How could you be expected to walk over 100 metres to get from one to the other at the moment :D

Advertisement