Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭cobham

Vodaphone outlet at Stillorgan sc c is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

cobham wrote: »
    Vodaphone outlet at Stillorgan sc c is closed.

Yeah its been closed now about 6 months at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭cobham

Apologies, but surprised to see the empty unit with vodaphone logo still there. I would have thought a new tenant would be in by now expecially this time of year.

cobham wrote: »
    Apologies, but surprised to see the empty unit with vodaphone logo still there. I would have thought a new tenant would be in by now expecially this time of year.

Yeah I know no to let sign or nothing either which is surprising. I'm surprised it went in the first place it always seemed to do fairly decent buisness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Yeah I know no to let sign or nothing either which is surprising. I'm surprised it went in the first place it always seemed to do fairly decent buisness.

There's a decent sized one in Frascati so maybe it's just consolidation.
    Yes, surprised it has not been re-let quickly as there tends to be a low enough vacancy rate in Stillorgan SC.

• Advertisement

New "high spec tech" store opened across from UCD in the small cranford centre http://www.highspectech.ie/

Seem to have one in shankill too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Quando gourmet Woodfired Pizzaeria is opening in Ballybrack Village this evening.

Interesting piece in the irish times:

Still no anchor tenant for revamped Dún Laoghaire shopping centre

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/still-no-anchor-tenant-for-revamped-d%C3%BAn-laoghaire-shopping-centre-1.3298783

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Frascati Centre now doing get a ticket on the way in and pay on the way out (and have people at both machines to "help" you). Got away with a quick call and no charge.which makes a change! The multi-storey looks pretty much finished - lights, painted spaces, etc. Just wish they would get all the workers to park in there so actual customers could get a decent spot.

Interesting to read the latest planning application re Frascati too - 45 apartments and some extra parking

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/frascati-centre-owners-seek-planning-permission-for-45-apartments-1.3278367
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/apartments-plan-on-top-of-frascati-shopping-centre-f9q8sclq5

I am not sure I would want to live on top of the Frascati centre at what I am sure will be premium prices!!

• Advertisement

So the Stillorgan shopping Tesco revamp appears to almost finished. I have to say the new lighting in the Tesco store is awful would burn the eyes out of you.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    So the Stillorgan shopping Tesco revamp appears to almost finished. I have to say the new lighting in the Tesco store is awful would burn the eyes out of you.

Every time I have been in there lately they have stock moved to different places!

It badly needed a facelift tbh so looking forward to seeing it finished - last week I already noticed some new lines in and sections expanded etc. which is welcome. I read they were moving the off licence into that space to consolidate - are they still keeping the separate hardware / home store? If not those will be two good spots for new stores. Would love to see an argos or a new independent store (something a bit different) opening

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Every time I have been in there lately they have stock moved to different places!

It's pretty much the same as what's happening in Cornelscourt - stock moving around all the time so every trip is a new 'experience'. Yes, the Dunnes refurb is still going on, big hoarding at the back providing an enclosure for the builder's equipment and no idea when it will be finished.

What's strange is that the Dunnes work does not involve any change to the external structure so you'd have expected it to only take a matter of weeks. Though in fairness, they have kept all of the departments going at 100% and this has probably stretched the schedule significantly. It's a real life version of one of these....
    765141_orig.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

coylemj wrote: »
    It's pretty much the same as what's happening in Cornelscourt - stock moving around all the time so every trip is a new 'experience'. Yes, the Dunnes refurb is still going on, big hoarding at the back providing an enclosure for the builder's equipment and no idea when it will be finished.

What's strange is that the Dunnes work does not involve any change to the external structure so you'd have expected it to only take a matter of weeks. Though in fairness, they have kept all of the departments going at 100% and this has probably stretched the schedule significantly. It's a real life version of one of these....
    765141_orig.png

That hoarding should be coming down in the next week and the carpark extended, as for the whole revamp it would have been cheaper to build a whole new shop somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

IE trying to scrape up cash anywhere possible, anything could be going in there that would fit in a commercial unit, same for Greystones and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

"The Bar" going into York Rd in Dun Laoghaire where Beer Traders was

Thargor wrote: »
    IE trying to scrape up cash anywhere possible, anything could be going in there that would fit in a commercial unit, same for Greystones and a few others.

Are they going to remove the entry gates/ticket office and build a new one? It says "Full vacant possession will be available on grant of planning permission"

Are they going to remove the entry gates/ticket office and build a new one? It says "Full vacant possession will be available on grant of planning permission"

I suspect the station will be unmanned at all times and there will just be barriers and ticket vending machines. No one uses booking office facilities anymore. I don't use Blackrock station very much myself but I presume its like other Dart and such as Killiney, Booterstown and Greystones and left unmanned the majority of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭Blut2

aoh wrote: »
    Frascati Centre now doing get a ticket on the way in and pay on the way out (and have people at both machines to "help" you). Got away with a quick call and no charge.which makes a change! The multi-storey looks pretty much finished - lights, painted spaces, etc. Just wish they would get all the workers to park in there so actual customers could get a decent spot.

Any idea how long its 'free' for? 10min/15min?

The jump from 50c to 2eur minimum charge is pretty hefty. I've seen a lot of cars pulling u-turns at the barriers, and mayhem some evenings in the tiny front car park that remains, with people trying to avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,098 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Way to drive away custom just at a time they need to keep as much goodwill as they can through the revamp works. Daft.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Any idea how long its 'free' for? 10min/15min?

The jump from 50c to 2eur minimum charge is pretty hefty. I've seen a lot of cars pulling u-turns at the barriers, and mayhem some evenings in the tiny front car park that remains, with people trying to avoid it.

I'd say I was in there for 10 minutes, maybe a bit more. I don't understand your "jump" from 50c to €2. The old pay and display was €2 minimum and all the signs I saw say €2 for the first hour.

I'd say I was in there for 10 minutes, maybe a bit more. I don't understand your "jump" from 50c to €2. The old pay and display was €2 minimum and all the signs I saw say €2 for the first hour.

The old pay and display was 50c for years, and then jumped to 1eur, no? It definitely wasn't 2eur unless they set that immediately in the weeks before the redevelopment to help massage the optics of the increase.

Either way the new parking is a disaster, though. I've yet to talk to anyone happy with it.

Seems to be €2 for the first hour and then the 2nd and 3rd hours are free - so €2 for 3 hours - not great if you are just popping in and out

€2 an hour is a complete rip off for Frascati which lets face is a pretty crap shopping centre. Considering Stillorgan, Carrickmines and even Liffey Valley and Blanchardstown all have free parking aswell as a far better range of shops. I'm surprised Blackrock and know its not exactly thriving dosen't have the problems as DL as parking there is a nightmare.

Frascati would have a problem with park and ride people for the DART if it was completely free though, so they probably do need some system in place.

Free for the first 30min, 2eur for up to 2 hours, 2eur an hour after that would probably be reasonable. It'd discourage the park and ride people while also not putting people off popping in to drop off a letter or pick up a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do the shops not validate the parking?

They do not, or they didn't as of last week when I asked in one. Which is a bit ridiculous. If they validated then I don't think anyone could be too annoyed about the price.

It has been a minimum of €2 for at least a couple of years - and they were very quick on the clamping - so getting 20 mins free is cool when you're just popping in. No shop has been able to validate since (whoever was there before Debenhams - memory like a sieve) left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

It has been a minimum of €2 for at least a couple of years - and they were very quick on the clamping - so getting 20 mins free is cool when you're just popping in. No shop has been able to validate since (whoever was there before Debenhams - memory like a sieve) left.

Roches Stores, I think?

€2 for three hours isn't excessive and it's so near the Dart that it would be abused otherwise, but yes - they should have a few shops (M&S, Debenhams) that will validate the ticket.

Advertisement