Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music acts that are bad live

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Out of interest, is there anyone here that would pay €90+ to see anyone play a show?

I paid €128 for my Take That ticket I bought on Ebay last year but that was at a push because it was Take That, Robbie Williams and the Pet Shop Boys. No regrets really, it was a spectacular show and I would be really down now if I thought I hadn't seen Robbie live as I'm currently waiting on his next solo tour.

Coldplay would be well worth €90+, one of the best live bands I've ever seen and I can't imagine many would put on a better show. Their Oxegen set is still one of the best performances I've seen, they were actually so much better than Beyonce.

I'd pay a good bit to see an Oasis reunion too, thats partly because thus far I've never seen Noel Gallagher live. Maybe that will change after February when I see him in the O2 but I doubt it will change that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

What about the best/worst value for money acts you've seen then?

I always managed to get Muse tickets quite cheaply on a few different occasions and they are a fantastic live band.

If I am paying 90€ to see a band then they had really want to be one of the best live acts around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Rolling Stones. Slane in 2007.
    Felt completely underwhelmed afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

saw the arctic monkeys in the o2 dublin and thought they were crap and im a huge fan. then saw them last year at oxegen and they were amazing probably best of the weekend either them or coldplay.
    the only bands who i have seen that have never let me down live are u2, kasabian and muse.

arcade fire are good also live but their fan base ruins their gigs for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ricero wrote: »
    saw the arctic monkeys in the o2 dublin and thought they were crap and im a huge fan. then saw them last year at oxegen and they were amazing probably best of the weekend either them or coldplay.
    the only bands who i have seen that have never let me down live are u2, kasabian and muse.

I'd imagine them as being less annoying than Muse fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kold wrote: »
    I'd imagine them as being less annoying than Muse fans.

they were mostly hippies and a lot of dirty looks were thrown if you wernt dressed like a hippy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

In no particular order

Cold War Kids
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Fountains of Wayne
    Levellers
    Hard Fi

were all absolutely appalling live and I haven't been persuaded to see any of them live again since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Malice wrote: »
    Is that ticket price alone or the whole package including travel, food, drink and merchandise?

Ticket price alone! Anyone could spend €90 on some pints and a tshirt alone at some gigs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Ticket price alone! Anyone could spend €90 on some pints and a tshirt alone at some gigs :pac:
    Yep, been there and done that :). I've never spent that on ticket price for a single band at a gig although I have gone to various festivals over the years where I've only been looking forward to seeing one or two of the bands on the bill and I've also flown to the UK and a few other European countries to combine a gig with a few days away.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

This is quite a negative thread,surely it should be acts that are great live.Anyways im putting two down that are great live.

And they are Take That and Groove Armada...fantastic live really good..sorry to the original post...i havent seen many acts that are not great live...that is all..peace out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Pulp were crap at the Electric Picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Why not just listen to the record if you just want to hear the tunes? :pac:

For me a show has to be something more than just playing their tunes. I saw Arctic Monkeys in Malahide Castle in 2007, it was a bit boring for me. "Hi, we're Arctic Monkeys, here's a song." *song* "Thanks. Here's another song." *song* "Thanks, here's the next song."

No presentation or setting for the tunes, just the tunes. Not a rubbish live band maybe, but definitely not a particularly good one. IMO of course.

one of the best gigs i've been too imo. You had a great support acts like the coral and Supergrass but the Monkeys were awesome that day just flew through the tunes (no horrible chit chat). I went to the saturday gig but i taught it was amazing.

ricero wrote: »

Smoking too much weed and trying to play the stoner rockers a la Josh Homme. i agree that o2 gig was a tad underwelming but they did seem to have got their act together again for Oxegen. Alex turner seems to be more at ease with the frontman role now plus Suck it and See was full of top tunes.

I've been to some horrible gigs by great acts

The Vines at the Ambassdor back in 2004 i think. Now knowing of Singer Craig Nichols probelms at the time it seems more understanding of his behaviour that night but he could barely finish a song and all he did was throw his guitar at the bassiest and fall to the floor a la Kurt Cobain. Still think the debut album is a classic.

Oasis at Lansdowne road and Slane.Jesus the whole soap story of Noel pulling out of their european tour after a fight with liam back in 2000, Noel returning and the whole gig just sucked from start to finish plus they were touring behind Standing on the shoulders of giants album which is their worse album. supergrass blew them off the stage that day. The slane gig just lacked passion after The prodigy stole the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Ian Brown,what a load of shiate. Seen him in The Phoenix Park a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Vines were never good live from my experiences with them, Drunken mess on stage, forgetting lyrics etc. Not worth the admission fee.

Advertisement