Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Electric Ireland Bill Correct?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

Firstly My Mother signed up for reward back in July . She has already had incorrect bills. She got a letter recently saying she recently selected Valuereward Price Plan which she never did.

She is on the FEA. She got some credit's allowed for previous incorrect bill's but nothing is explained. She has direct debit and online billing.

0*** 5859 e 5368 a 491 0.1476 General 72.47
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Total electricity charges 72.47
    Discount (Direct Debit & Online Billing) 1.69 cr
    Standard charges and other items
    Standing Charge 57 days @ 0.2893 / day 16.49
    PSO Levy Oct/Nov 3.22
    VAT 13.5% on
    90.49 12.22
    Free Allowance Units 300 units 44.28 cr
    (units allowed next period 300)
    Free Allowance Standing Charge 16.49 cr
    Free Allowance PSO Levy 3.22 cr
    VAT on free allowance 13.5% on 63.99cr 8.64 cr

Anybody? €30.08 total bill (0*** meter number blanked out by me)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Delta 2113,

We could have a look at the account in order to help break things down - we would just require authorisation from your mother that we can discuss the account with you, if that has not already been arranged.
    This would be required over the phone. Perhaps we could arrange a callback?

All the best :)
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Delta 2113,

Based on the figures quoted above, I can confirm that the following discounts are effective:
    • The core discount of approx 8% (reducing the standard unit price figure of 16.19c to 14.76c)
    • The 6% optional discounts (4% for direct debit and 2% for online billing)
    • The full FEA (free electricity allowance), covering 300 units, standing charge and PSO levy
    This is in line with having signed up to a Reward price plan back in July, when the Supersaver range of price plans were available, so she is receiving a combined discount of 14% in addition to her FEA. This will hold good until 31/03/12.

I hope this clears up any confusion, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

From the 1st April 2012 will my Mother be automatically put on Valuereward Price Plan?

She was sent a letter dated 23/11/2011 saying she had selected Valuereward Price Plan (she never did) with a Price schedule. This totally confused us and whilst i appreciate your post David above - maybe you could explain what the letter dated 23/11/2011 is all about. Was it an error?

Hi Delta2113,

Up until very recently, customers receiving discounts in addition to the FEA had their discounts applied in the form of credit (or an 'ex gratia' payment equivalent to the discount). This technical problem has now been rectified, and in this case it must have automatically lead to the issuing of a letter.

The letter is just a confirmation of the price plan you are on, and if it says Valuereward rather than Reward then I can only assume that part of the letter is an error. Apologies for this confusion.

If you like, I could have somebody contact your mother just to confirm all is ok? Just for peace of mind.

If you PM me her preferred contact number I would be more than happy to ring her myself if that's ok.

Thanks,

David.

Above info help's me along with my understanding of what's been happening. Infact I was going to ask about why I was not seeing anymore 'ex gratia' Credit on the bill's so thank's for above explanation.

Thank's for the offer to ring my Mother but it's not necessary.

Happy Christmas to all of you here on Boards.

• Advertisement

Thanks Delta2113, glad the explanation helped clear things up, and I hope both your mother and yourself have a lovely Christmas.

My Mother just phoned up and switched to the green plan. She was told she would get a green certificate sent out at the end of the year. Have you any information on what this certificate is?

Hi Delta2113,

The green certificate is issued annually and is confirmation that Electric Ireland purchased the equivalent of the customer's annual electricity usage from 100% renewable energy sources.

Hope this helps.

David.

Advertisement