Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm so freaked out!!!

• 15-12-2011 8:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

I just don't know what to do because I was talking with my teachers today they made me cry. I told them that I want to change LCA to Leaving Cert . The thing is that I didn't make decision about LCA teachers just decided to put me in LCA.. Even that I'am a good student I feel that I can even get 170 points minimum for my Leaving Cert. I'am sick of LCA . My year head was shouting at me " that I wont be able to do pass my LC " I just asked her a q's : " What is the point if I fail my Leaving Cert I'll be able to go to PLC anyway's if you are so worried about me not passing LC." *You know that when you finish LCA you go to the PLC courses for getting further to College. Also I told her: " It's my future I'am deciding what I want to do it's for my own sake." She just didn't answer..
    I realy want to LC insted of LCA.
    Maybe you know what to do ?
    Help Please :)
    Any answer will be appreciated ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Well certainly your teachers shouldn't be making you cry. That's not right.

I know less than nothing about LCA though, I have to admit, so I can't help you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

They can't decide for you. Get your parents to go in to the school and explain the situation. Say that the course you want to do REQUIRES the LC - because obviously LCA limits your options in terms of career choice. As for them making you cry, that really should not happen. Good Luck! I hope you get to change :) Btw, are you in 5th year? Or 6th year? If you are in 6th year then maybe that's why they don't want you moving now because you've already done a year of LCA so catching up would be quite difficult, I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

n0ak wrote: »
    I just don't know what to do because I was talking with my teachers today they made me cry. I told them that I want to change LCA to Leaving Cert . The thing is that I didn't make decision about LCA teachers just decided to put me in LCA.. Even that I'am a good student I feel that I can even get 170 points minimum for my Leaving Cert. I'am sick of LCA . My year head was shouting at me " that I wont be able to do pass my LC " I just asked her a q's : " What is the point if I fail my Leaving Cert I'll be able to go to PLC anyway's if you are so worried about me not passing LC." *You know that when you finish LCA you go to the PLC courses for getting further to College. Also I told her: " It's my future I'am deciding what I want to do it's for my own sake." She just didn't answer..
    I realy want to LC insted of LCA.
    Maybe you know what to do ?
    Help Please :)
    Any answer will be appreciated ;)

nothing annoys me more when teachers make decisions for students . especially ones of high importance such as this. except Burnley , Burnley can **** off ! . id say get your parents in . and tell this year head where to stick it ! .... if i had listen to my biology teacher i wud have sat the pass paper. but i sat the honours last year and got an A1 .. so do what u feel . so u only hold urself accountable!

Advertisement