Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AN POST SATURDAY SERVICE

Options
  • 15-12-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

not sure if im in correct place to ask.but is the postman delievering this saturday before xmas.thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

There was post last Saturday (well I had post anyway, I'm in Mullingar) so I presume there is post again this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

They usually deliver Saturdays leading up to Christmas, in previous years I've even got post on a Sunday (depends on the workload I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Yes ,postie here.Saturday is a full day,open for collections too in case you need to collect an item.No sunday though and no christmas eve delivery this year.
    N.B. just a quick edit to say that i work in the Dublin region,there could be different arrangements in rural areas or other cities so don't quote me if i'm wrong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ben101 wrote: »
    No sunday though and no christmas eve delivery this year.

I believe that's nationwide. No delivery on Christmas eve this year, the first in a long time for many postal workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

On a related note, does anyone know the likelihood of letters sent locally (e.g. in Cork to Cork, or say Dublin to Dublin) over the next few days arriving before Christmas cut-off. Not guaranteed I know (today is the last day for that I believe), but is it highly unlikely in your view that anything sent from now on won't arrive before Christmas?

Would anyone know when they begin delivering again after the 25th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Last dates for guaranteed delivery are available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tommy21 wrote: »
    On a related note, does anyone know the likelihood of letters sent locally (e.g. in Cork to Cork, or say Dublin to Dublin) over the next few days arriving before Christmas cut-off. Not guaranteed I know (today is the last day for that I believe), but is it highly unlikely in your view that anything sent from now on won't arrive before Christmas?

I'd be optimistic that you'd get it delivered before Christmas. I sent a cheque to a local business (Dublin to Dublin) last Thursday, got a letter of acknowledgment on Saturday, can't get better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RobertDowney15

dudara wrote: »
    Last dates for guaranteed delivery are available here.

Mine was posted from Great Britain on the 14th, it's now Christmas Eve and it hasn't been delivered yet, I came on here to see if it would come today, it's only a small package too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mine was posted from Great Britain on the 14th, it's now Christmas Eve and it hasn't been delivered yet, I came on here to see if it would come today, it's only a small package too :(

I had a package posted from Holland on the 20th, and it arrived yesterday. I guess it just depends.

And, I will say, that an An Post worker was very helpful yesterday and went out of his way to try and get my package to me. Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

jor el wrote: »
    No delivery on Christmas eve this year, the first in a long time for many postal workers.
    Does anyone know why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Cut backs, Sat would be overtime for the posties so it would be extra wage costs at time and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

When does the postal service resume?

They're back in work on Tue.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Sound. Thanx Paulw.

Sorry, meant Wed, since Tue is a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Weds is a privilege day so Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

amtc wrote: »
    Weds is a privilege day so Thursday

What the hell is a privilege day?

Advertisement