Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to call to remove used syringes?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

We have a basement office in the North Inner City and are having problems with people throwing rubbish from the street down onto the steps and floor of the basement,and in the last few weeks there's been human excrement and used blood filled syringes down there too,20+ were there last Monday morning.

I don't want to put them into our normal refuse in case a bin man or worker gets pricked,so I've just put them into a cardboard box and have them in the far end of the basement.

Just wondering is there any council service or company who will take them off us and dispose of them safely?free of charge preferably!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Check out this page or the links on the left.

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Pages/WaterWasteandEnvironment.aspx

You shouldn't have taken them away yourself in case you got pricked accidentally. Absolute scumbags though. Maybe the Gardaí can get dna samples and hunt down the f*ckers! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dirty fcuckin vermin..its disgusting the way some low-life parasites behave...zero respect for themselves or anybody else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Degsy wrote: »
    Dirty fcuckin vermin..its disgusting the way some low-life parasites behave...zero respect for themselves or anybody else.

you should see the grass area around the Dublin Civic Office Amphitheatre every morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Contact DCC Sean Mc Dermott st and if you don't mind doing it your self they can give you a sharps box and a grabber.
    Then from time to time the lads with the barrows will swop the box for an empty one, get a mobile contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't know, but can't you bring that stuff to your local pharmacy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Dont touch the things with your hands and watch out for needles broken off the syringes.

More likely than not you wont catch anything if pricked but the stress of waiting for the results to come back often drives people mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I couldn't get through to Sean McDermott St DCC today so I'll try again on Monday morning,seems like the best bet of getting rid of them.I'm sure there'll be a new collection awaiting me on the steps then anyways!

I'm very,very careful when I'm moving them and I also wear two pairs of thick workman type gloves when I pick them up and put them in the box so there's not much chance of me getting stuck.

Famous last words haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I couldn't get through to Sean McDermott St DCC today so I'll try again on Monday morning,seems like the best bet of getting rid of them.I'm sure there'll be a new collection awaiting me on the steps then anyways!

I'm very,very careful when I'm moving them and I also wear two pairs of thick workman type gloves when I pick them up and put them in the box so there's not much chance of me getting stuck.

Famous last words haha!

Better to be safe though. A grabber and sharps box would be best as otherwise you would be reliant on DCC picking them up and that wont be reliable.

Advertisement