Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better Eircom or UPC?

• 15-12-2011 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Which is actually better UPC or Eircom?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If UPC is available where you are, don't think twice, seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

personally i prefer upc. in my experience it delivers closer to advertised speeds, has more generous download caps and is better value for money. it also provides better upload speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

It really is a no-brainer, if you have the choice go with UPC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SG_Apollo

I was just reading in the UPC website that their is a 500gb usage monthly allowance? I'm a gamer actually so I might even go more than that in a month. Are there some sort of charges if I go ever that 500gb usage allowance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

SG_Apollo wrote: »
    I was just reading in the UPC website that their is a 500gb usage monthly allowance? I'm a gamer actually so I might even go more than that in a month. Are there some sort of charges if I go ever that 500gb usage allowance?

I wouldn't be concerned about a 500gb cap for games (unless you need to download maps/add-ons etc constantly). Downloading a LOT of videos and music would possibly be a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

i have gone over once in 18 months, during december 2010, 560gb or so. i received a letter from them saying that they would force me onto a higher tariff (100M) and charge me more if it happened again. in fairness the 100M is truly unlimited/no cap. Go to UPC and you will never look back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SG_Apollo

Thanks for all the answers it really helped a lot.:) I'm now confident to pick UPC.
    Thank you everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

UPC when it works is the best.

But over the last 2-3 months I have nothing but trouble with them,
    There broadband customer service is a disgrace and there whole "fibre optic" setup is a joke.

For weeks my modem kept automatically rebooting every hour,
    Sometimes it would automatically change the password. I rang them a countless number of times, they would reset it and promise it wouldn't happen again, next day I'd be onto them again.

It was clear I needed a new modem, but they wouldn't change it.
    About a month later, they send out an engineer who decides, "it's not a problem with the modem,"
    And simply resets the whole thing again.
    Even changed the password on the box to a "WEP key" WTF???

Two hours later, the internet went again.
    Same thing for another two weeks, Eventually they send out another engineer who changes the box and now everything is fine and working 100%,
    And it is great when it works but when it doesn't they are very frustrating to deal with...

Advertisement