Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALdi/lidl spotting scope

Options
  • 15-12-2011 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Just thought Id give everyone a bit of a heads up. The father got a spotting scope today from aldi/lidl (not sure which).... and just as he was arriving home with it I was heading out to zero my mates 22lr and shure I thought Id take it with me just to see what its like.

Looking at 22lr holes at 100 yards... it could be done alright, but you can really feel it on the eye after 20-30 seconds.

Its not very comfortable to look through at all (when your looking for bullet holes that is), so its not the sort of scope you would take to the range for a 1 hour session. I cant remember what he said he paid (Im thinking 40euro) so for that price your hardly going to be expecting a lecia.

Its fairly lightweight, its not huge either, so you can sling it into a bag easy enough.

Im probably just being pinicikty here, but theres a sunshade built onto it which I thought was a bit on the cheap/flimsy side. But its nothing to get worked up over.

ANyway, at 40quid it would make a nice cheap spare just to have in the car. It does get the job done, but like I said you really are going to strain your eyes to see the bullet holes- but at the same time, its better than nothing.

Oh and seemingly the father got the last one, so whatever about the rest of the different stores... you might want to act fast if you plan on getting one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I was in my local Lidi at 11.30 and they were all gone, I asked and they had kept 6 back to put out after lunch so i got 1 of those,
    It's €29.99 and i have only givern it a quick look but it does seem very good for the money,
    I was looking at 130 yards and it was very good, then down across 3 fields to some houses and i thought it was very clear, well worth the money, sure it's not a Lecia but it's totally different money as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnnymolloy

me and mt bro got one of these to day went in at 11 this morning and we got the last one looks good havent been able to use it yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Brian5

Gonzor wrote: »
    Just thought Id give everyone a bit of a heads up. The father got a spotting scope today from aldi/lidl (not sure which).... and just as he was arriving home with it I was heading out to zero my mates 22lr and shure I thought Id take it with me just to see what its like.

Looking at 22lr holes at 100 yards... it could be done alright, but you can really feel it on the eye after 20-30 seconds.

Its not very comfortable to look through at all (when your looking for bullet holes that is), so its not the sort of scope you would take to the range for a 1 hour session. I cant remember what he said he paid (Im thinking 40euro) so for that price your hardly going to be expecting a lecia.

Its fairly lightweight, its not huge either, so you can sling it into a bag easy enough.

Im probably just being pinicikty here, but theres a sunshade built onto it which I thought was a bit on the cheap/flimsy side. But its nothing to get worked up over.

ANyway, at 40quid it would make a nice cheap spare just to have in the car. It does get the job done, but like I said you really are going to strain your eyes to see the bullet holes- but at the same time, its better than nothing.

Oh and seemingly the father got the last one, so whatever about the rest of the different stores... you might want to act fast if you plan on getting one.

Hi guys are these spotting scopes still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

They are over here in the poverty-stricken eastern part of the UK.

tac in his mud hut at the side of the stream

tac foley wrote: »
    They are over here in the poverty-stricken eastern part of the UK.

tac in his mud hut at the side of the stream

Foley eh?could be related haha,how would one get one to Ireland?do they sell online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭czgalway

i got one 2 months ago for 30 euro il do a swap with someone for anything for 15-20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Brian5 wrote: »
    Foley eh?could be related haha,how would one get one to Ireland?do they sell online?

Related? No doubt about it.

Sell online?

No idea, we are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too poor to shop at Lidl - never been let through the doors. Well, to look at us, who would?

tac

@ Brian5

I have one still in the box, if your interested,

@ Brian5

I have one still in the box, if your interested,
    How much?

It's still new in the box, Cost €29.99 so that's what I would need as I could easily return it and get my money back that way.
    Where are you based.

• Advertisement

It's still new in the box, Cost €29.99 so that's what I would need as I could easily return it and get my money back that way.
    Where are you based.
    I'm in tipp....

I'm in Co. Galway, Near Athenry,
    unless your over here on other business it would hardly be worth the petrol and postage would properly be about €10.
    so it's up to you but i think €40 is a bit to much.

I'm in Co. Galway, Near Athenry,
    unless your over here on other business it would hardly be worth the petrol and postage would properly be about €10.
    so it's up to you but i think €40 is a bit to much.
    Bit out of the way alright

Advertisement