Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in the sky tonight

Options
  • 15-12-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Anyone else see the lights in the sky over Parkwest / Clondalkin about a half hour ago? There must have been about 50 of them...I have a pic here will try upload.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JasonBourne1

[URL="http://photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Probably UFOs? :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Usually they are Chinese lanterns (saying it before anyone else does). They even sell the things in Tesco now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Most likely 'Chinese' lanterns but also possibly overhead high voltage power cables. Any cables over roads above a certain height have reflective white/red/clear balls on them to stop aircraft colliding with them, they reason I'm giving this as a possible cause is because they seem to be in a perfect line.

Also its a very bad quality photo as there is a lot of flaring from the street and car lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i didnt see them myself but i can see what youre talking about in the picture..
    can you give a bit more info, like were they moving in formation?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 wharf_rat

well - i dont know what they are but im open to all suggestions now - cos i saw a flying metallic disk shaped object hovering across the sky on a bright sunny sunday - and i was with 2 other people who saw it too - and it wasnt a ****in chinese lantern - or a weather balloon - people are eventually just going to have to grasp the fact that we are not alone in this universe - strange as that may seem to some - usually its better to keep these sightings to yourself - especially in ireland cos all you will get is some bull**** explanation from some know-all who knows what the whole universe is about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

That's a good picture, Similar to what I saw in Cork 3 yrs ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

The lanterns are the way the Chinese are softening us up - it's how they plan to invade. And when they do invade us, we'll be sorry for not being awake. They'll have us eating with chopsticks and speaking Japanese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

krd wrote: »
    The lanterns are the way the Chinese are softening us up - it's how they plan to invade. And when they do invade us, we'll be sorry for not being awake. They'll have us eating with chopsticks and speaking Japanese.

Hai, temae mushiro akuseputo itto kaonajimi!

(Yes, you better believe it buddy!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I'm pretty sure they don't speak Japanese in China.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

With their wonderfully tasty cuisine, rich heritage, such wonderfully interesting history & lineage...I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 wharf_rat

irish overlords - chinese overlords - whatever

Advertisement