Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My built like a badass log

Options
  • 15-12-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Day 1:

Estimated my max bench to be 85kgs

Bench Press 8 Reps @ 72.5% = 60kg
    Bench Press 6 Reps @ 77.5% = 65kg
    Bench Press 4 Reps @ 82.5% = 70

Flat Dumbell Press
    1 x 24 Reps 15kg (each hand)
    1 x 18 Reps 15kg (each hand)

Seated Overhand Cable Row
    4 sets x 15 Reps 20kg
    Cable Triceps Pushdowns (Superset with the above)
    4 sets x 15 Reps 20kg
    Dumbell Shrugs (2 second pause)
    3 sets x 15 Reps 16kg (each hand)
    Dumbell Lateral Raise(Superset with the above)
    3 sets x 15 Reps 4kg Dumbells (each hand)

Barbell Complex
    (deadlifts/bent over rows/hang cleans/push press/squat)
    2 sets x 10 each using 30kg (olympic bar + 5kg each side)

I found it a good challenging session.

The barbell complex at the end is a real killer. But it was good at the same time

Is there many other members doing this program?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

There's a thread some where, few peeps doing it. I just checked out the program, looks like enough to kick in some endorphins, especially the BB complex. I'm not doing the programme but looks like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Subscribed.

I'm doing it too! Good bit behind in terms of bench but yes the BB complex @ 30kgs is a killer.

Where you a member?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Diddlydoubt

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Subscribed.

I'm doing it too! Good bit behind in terms of bench but yes the BB complex @ 30kgs is a killer.

Where you a member?

Yes the bench was a bit of a struggle for me as I hadn't benched in a while, but I am hoping it will improve with regular practice.

What days of the week do you do your workouts, as in Day 1 Monday, Day2 Wednesday, Day3 Saturday? Do you ever do your Day1 and then do Day 2 the following Day.

I was reading through the frequently asked questions bit on the program and he kind of says you can do more than 3 sessions per week if you like or have the time.

Also my stats are 74kg and I am 5'9

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I stick to Monday Wednesday Friday / Saturday for the programme itself.

Then if I feel like I want to do a session inbetween Ill concentrate on once aspect like deadlift or squat and do lots of core work and stretching.

Job at the moment is a bit hectic so three days is enough to dedicate at the moment.

Day Two

1. DB Squat Jumps 4x6 usng 10kg

2. Deadlift (Estimated Max @110kg)

72.5% x 8 x 80kg
    77.5% x 6 x 85kg
    82.5%x 4 x 90kg

wanted do squats but the rack didnt have the clips for resting the bar on

45 degree Back Raises (hold weight plate over chest)

3x15 used a 10kg plate

ated MB Twists (feet off ground):

3x20 each side used a 5kg mediine ball.

4. Timed one-mile run

6.40 - I did 1.6km here as treadmill had only km

• Advertisement

Day 3

1. Chin-ups - Max plus 50%

14 + 7

2a. Front Lat Pulldowns

25kg x 30
    25kg x 20

2b. Standing DB Military Press

12.5kg x 25 (each hand)
    12.5kg x 20

3a. Rolling tricep extensions

8 * 4 * 12.5kg

3b. Hammer Curls

8 * 4 * 12.5kg

4. Core Circuit x 2

Toe touches x 20
    Bicycle x 30
    Side Plank x 30 secs each side

5. 100 push ups

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pharmag

Hi Diddlydoubt, I'm planning on starting this program in Janurary when back in college and I have access to a quality gym. I was just wondering if you could give me advice on one aspect of it:
    Although I'm a regular gym goer (4/5 times a week), I have always struggled with chin-ups and push-ups. My max sets for the two exercises are 4 and 8 respectively. I'm just wondering if I would be better off going for the higher rep pull-ups or the more beneficial chin-ups?

Thanks in advance!

pharmag wrote: »
    Hi Diddlydoubt, I'm planning on starting this program in Janurary when back in college and I have access to a quality gym. I was just wondering if you could give me advice on one aspect of it:
    Although I'm a regular gym goer (4/5 times a week), I have always struggled with chin-ups and push-ups. My max sets for the two exercises are 4 and 8 respectively. I'm just wondering if I would be better off going for the higher rep pull-ups or the more beneficial chin-ups?

Thanks in advance!

personally i find chin-ups easier to do than wide grip pull-ups. however, if you can do more pull-ups than chin-ups, i would imagine you should attempt to do the pull-ups rather than the chins. i assum it is wide grip pullups you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pharmag

It seems I got a bit confused! I always referred to wide-grip pull-ups as "chin-ups" and narrow-grip chin-ups as "pull-ups", hence the confusion when I read the program first! Thanks for the help anyway! I intend starting this now using the 8-rep chin-ups as my base!

Advertisement