Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parrot MKi9200

• 15-12-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Just doing a bit of research. Thinking of getting one of these installed in the car (link below) to replace the venerable CK-7. Mainly so I can either stream music, or connect it via the USB. Any key have any real world experience with them? And if so, has anybody mounted the remote control on the steering wheel?

As always, all replies/ advice appreciated.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits/parrot-mki9200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Evening all.

Just doing a bit of research. Thinking of getting one of these installed in the car (link below) to replace the venerable CK-7. Mainly so I can either stream music, or connect it via the USB. Any key have any real world experience with them? And if so, has anybody mounted the remote control on the steering wheel?

As always, all replies/ advice appreciated.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits/parrot-mki9200
    I have one of these in my Passat and find it great. Sound quality is excellent (routed through the stereo/speakers) and you only have to whisper and people can hear you.

I use a USB key with Mp3s for music and connect a Galaxy S2 (previously 2 HTCs and a Nokia) through it without any problems.

I had the remote on the wheel alright but found it a bit awkward occasionally and eventually knocked it off accidentially - also the rubber band that goes around the wheel is very flimsy and breaks easily.

Since then I mounted it down beside the gear lever (best place in my car) and it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

got it in a new car in august. impressive. voice recognition is excellent and stream music from an iPhone no probs. however the BT controller is a fiddly piece of crap. The buttons are flimsy and do not take well to my clunky fingers. I broke the plastic casing and it cost me 50 quid for a replacement. the new one is treated like a baby. i didn't like the idea of mounting on the wheel so it is now to my left by the gear stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

however the BT controller is a fiddly piece of crap. The buttons are flimsy and do not take well to my clunky fingers. I broke the plastic casing and it cost me 50 quid for a replacement.
    Actually yes I'd have to agree.. the remote IS very flimsy and I need to replace mine as well actually for the same reason. To be fair it was when I had it mounted on the wheel that it happened.

Other than that though it's a great unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Great kit Chuck I have one aswell. Owen has one for sale on his Adverts and he installs them too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Thanks for all the replies folks. I reckon I'll go with it. Have a price of €250 to remove the old one, and install the Parrot. I'll drop Owen a pm Corkie. I know him from his Paint Doctor days. Might be a bit of a trek down to The Republic though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Thanks for all the replies folks. I reckon I'll go with it. Have a price of €250 to remove the old one, and install the Parrot. I'll drop Owen a pm Corkie. I know him from his Paint Doctor days. Might be a bit of a trek down to The Republic though!!!

That price is just for fitting? Not including the kit? Sounds expensive to me, I have one in my BMW, it's good but I've had problems with mine, i.e. sometimes when I answer a call it works, other times it doesn't. And unfortunately last week I was trying to update firmware and I somehow broke the LCD, don't think it can be replaced :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dave147 wrote: »
    And unfortunately last week I was trying to update firmware and I somehow broke the LCD, don't think it can be replaced :(

They can, loads on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Parrot-MKi9200-Replacement-Screen-Carry-Case-/220913316975?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item336f75b46f

New seem to be about £90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Sorry, I was actually a bit unclear, what I want to buy is an LCD replacement so I can fit it myself, not the whole unit. I've just put a bid on one on eBay so hopefully I'll get that for £50-60.

Dave147 wrote: »

That price is just for fitting? Not including the kit? Sounds expensive to me, I have one in my BMW, it's good but I've had problems with mine, i.e. sometimes when I answer a call it works, other times it doesn't. And unfortunately last week I was trying to update firmware and I somehow broke the LCD, don't think it can be replaced :(

No mate. Price is for removal of the old kit, the new kit itself, and installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its a good kit chuck, make sure you update the firmware as soon as you get it. chances are its off the shelf and donkeys old.

overall i think its one of the best on the market

Had mine for past 2 years there have been some issues with sound / locking up of my ipod but tbh they are pretty much gone now with all the firmwares applied over the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

are these hard to install, I'm an electrician and have installed stereos/speakers before but not hands free kits.

I've found this kit for £160 on ebay or 199 euro online so 250 for the kit and install is not bad. Who installs this kit for 250 euro and are they near Dublin/Kildare area?

sonic.trip wrote: »
    are these hard to install, I'm an electrician and have installed stereos/speakers before but not hands free kits.

I've found this kit for £160 on ebay or 199 euro online so 250 for the kit and install is not bad. Who installs this kit for 250 euro and are they near Dublin/Kildare area?

I paid €250 for the kit, the telemute lead and extremely professional fitting. I got Dave Robinson o sonthe work. He has ads up on Adverts.ie.

Extremely professional bloke. He listened to where I wanted everything put, and did an unbelievably neat job. Couldn't recommend him highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I just upgraded my software to version 2.02 earlier. You can have two phones paired and connected at the same time now with no echo and all bugs with ipod connectivity fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I have one of these in my Passat and find it great. Sound quality is excellent (routed through the stereo/speakers) and you only have to whisper and people can hear you.

I use a USB key with Mp3s for music and connect a Galaxy S2 (previously 2 HTCs and a Nokia) through it without any problems.

I had the remote on the wheel alright but found it a bit awkward occasionally and eventually knocked it off accidentially - also the rubber band that goes around the wheel is very flimsy and breaks easily.

Since then I mounted it down beside the gear lever (best place in my car) and it's perfect.

Also got a passat, but no Aux (have light instead!) so am thinking about getting this, just wondering, where abouts did you mount the screen near the gearbox? Where did you put the cables?
    I'd be lookin to play mp3's etc through those connections.....main reason Im thinkin of getting it installed to be honest......the radio transmitters can be a bit hit/miss/awkward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No mate. Price is for removal of the old kit, the new kit itself, and installation.

that's an excellent price...i paid €280 for installation for mine about 2 years back..

Advertisement