Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best HDTV for PS3 - Budget €500/€700

• 15-12-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking to buy a good TV for gaming with PS3. Not sure what to get Plasma / Led. Will be also used to watch cable tv (UPC) - not sure if saorview is requirement.

I'm not bothered about 3d or the like, but would like TV to have at least 3 HDMI slots.

Can any one recommend a TV - and also whats the best size to go for (assuming 1080p) - and within my budget €500/€600 (could be persuaded up to €700)

By the way I've noticed that Power city and Currys have increased their prices on certain models this last week !!!!

any help would be very welcome

thanks

DFS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

This is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned, with that budget I'd go for this. Comes in at just under €676 ex. delivery and is an utter beautiful screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

prices probably increased so they can drop them in the sales

Im in the exact same pickle at the moment. similar budget too. had been looking at an LG 47" lcd. having never owned a plasma, is screen burn as big a problem as reported in the past? also is glare from sunlight a big issue for plasmas?

prices probably increased so they can drop them in the sales

Im in the exact same pickle at the moment. similar budget too. had been looking at an LG 47" lcd. having never owned a plasma, is screen burn as big a problem as reported in the past? also is glare from sunlight a big issue for plasmas?
    Screen burn would only be an issue if you had the same image on screen for a considerable amount of time, it's no where near as big a problem as it was previously. As for the room brightness question, well from what I've read on the avforums owner thread, the screen is fine in a bright room but obviously not as fine as an LCD would be under similar circumstance. I don't really think it'd be an issue unless you were gaming during the day with the windows facing the TV and the curtains/blinds open. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

unfortunately im going to be fitting this in a new extension with a lot of light coming through two massive rooflights directly opposite the tv. guess that answers that though, cheers.

unfortunately im going to be fitting this in a new extension with a lot of light coming through two massive rooflights directly opposite the tv. guess that answers that though, cheers.
    I'd recommend checking out the owners threads on avforums as well as the many threads about plasmas in well lit rooms to be certain. I'm in the same boat as you really, will be buying my first plasma early next year (have my eye on a 46" Panasonic GT30) so the above is just what I've learned from digging around a little. On the other hand here's a picture of a Panasonic G20, last years model, taken in a brightly lit room with low autumn sun coming from windows on the opposite side of the room. Doesn't look too bad to me. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement