Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Army Surplus stores in the city centre?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking to get a balaclava. I've checked all of the outdoor persuits stores that I can think of and none of them have had anything suitable for my intended (non sinister) purpose for it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

theres a place on york hill.
    Sorry but I dont know the name of it, its on the city end of york hill (thank god - its a steep hill)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Cheers horgan_p. I'll check that place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's also a place on corkmarket st - more or less opposite the Cornstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

deRanged wrote: »
    there's also a place on corkmarket st - more or less opposite the Cornstore.
    Below the tattoo parlour? I think that it closed down a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

army bargains is good, off some road beside the spire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Lemag wrote: »

it did? oops.

last time I bought a balaclava I got it out in Midleton, not that that's all that helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Big hat+scissors

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

horgan_p wrote: »
    theres a place on york hill.
    Sorry but I dont know the name of it, its on the city end of york hill (thank god - its a steep hill)

Being pedantic, it's actually on York Street, which is the hill coming up off McCurtain Street on to Wellington Road. The one coming down onto Summer Hill is York Hill.

The place is called Outdoor Leisure.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Vivara wrote: »
    Being pedantic, it's actually on York Street, which is the hill coming up off McCurtain Street on to Wellington Road. The one coming down onto Summer Hill is York Hill.

The place is called Outdoor Leisure.

V.

Being extra pedantic, that store is now on MacCurtain Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

it was crap there, i asked him if he had any camouflaged jackets,he said lots ,but i cannot find them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

getz wrote: »
    it was crap there, i asked him if he had any camouflaged jackets,he said lots ,but i cannot find them

That's cause they're camouflaged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I think the one in Midelton is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

The one in Midleton is still open, it's by Tesco (Market Green I think). I got a balaclava a year or so ago in a shop on Patrick St, can't remember the name of it but it's about 2 doors up from the Moderne, sells fishing tackle afair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The one in Midleton is still open, it's by Tesco (Market Green I think). I got a balaclava a year or so ago in a shop on Patrick St, can't remember the name of it but it's about 2 doors up from the Moderne, sells fishing tackle afair.

That's Murrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Did you use that balaclava in battle yet?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

for a balaclava in cork try the anchor and needle! Its one of those shops across from tk maxx in the city, selling all those printed band hoodies and nike tracksuits and the likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

johnayo wrote: »
    Did you use that balaclava in battle yet?:D

Yes, yes I did. Served me well so it did, would recommend it.:)

Advertisement