Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAC seasonal brush kit

• 15-12-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My mum bought me the MAC "Make it Perfect" brush kit 2011 for Christmas as I'd asked for it.

I'd like to try to build up a good brush collection. Maybe start with these and buy the some more essential individual brushes. Just wondering are the seasonal brush kits that MAC bring out the same as the regular brushes, just with shorter handles? Some reviews on the MAC website say the brushes shed their hairs so I'm not sure.

I can't look study them properly as she brought it home to wrap smile.gif

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've read that regular size M.A.C brushes are hand made, so are better quality than their seasonal brush sets which are made using machines, hence they are of lesser quality and the seasonal brush sets shed their hairs due to being made by machinery.

I have absolutely no idea how true this is though, I read it on a website ages ago so I can't remember what one but I'll have a look and see if I can find it it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I bought that brush kit a while ago, and I find it pretty good tbh! All the brushes except the 212 I've used most days since I got them - especially the 167, which is brill for contouring :D

They don't feel as sturdy as the regular brushes, which is probably due to them being machine made as opposed to handmade, so I can't imagine they will last as long. I haven't noticed any fall out on mine as of yet though :)

Advertisement