Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 is full of Plebs

Options
  • 15-12-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have been playing quite a bit of BF3 on the XBox360 over the past two weeks and I have noticed a huge jump in the amount of plebs that are in any given game and I am wondering is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

pleb = A player who intentionally/deliberately acts against the interest of his squad or team. For example if you are loosing a point, rather than spawning on the point to try to defend it they spawn elsewhere or simply run away from the point.

It might not be so bad if Squad Leaders had the ability to kick a player for not playing as a part of the team but will EA change that or has anyone heard whats on the rumour mill?

Dave

Is BF3 full of Plebs? 6 votes

Yes and it leads to less fun and more frustrating games
    0% 0 votes
    No it just means more meat for the grinder
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

A bit of both really. Depends what team they're on. Especially when they're in the same vehicle as you.

Either way at the window's are kept very clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Its not just bf3, its every online game.90% of people online are idiots when it comes to objective based games.Try playing with friends and avoid randomers as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Meh, I ignored it at the beginning as people were getting to know the game and to a large extent I just get on with it now but people still not spotting & dropping packs is annoying although the one single thing that annoys me most is when they're gunner in my chopper and I have to bend over backwards to try and get them to shoot at something FFS!!! :mad:
    In fact if you skip on to 0.40 in this video you get the gist of my anger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm not sure why this is tagged for the 360 as there are plenty of plebs on the PS3 version too, and I can imagine there are for PC.

Had to waste an entire magazine and rocket on someone trying to get them to drop ammo as I was almost out. Was jumping up and down in front of him and calling out to him several times but oh no, no one listens for "hey I need ammo" or "health" or "a repair".

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Its a universal truth for online gaming :D Thats why if you squad up with a couple of mates things get a lot easier.

What annoys me in particular, is Conquest on Metro.... When the game starts every player rushes to the closest flag (A or C) for a measly 200 points cap. If you lose B early, its extremely difficult to get back :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

The eejits don't bother me too much the majority of the time.

It only really pisses me off when ass-hats take a vehicle and drive off without waiting to see if anyone else wants a lift. It's fine if you're alone at the vehicle. But I've seen too many people go off alone in vehicles despite half a dozen people nearby trying to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    The eejits don't bother me too much the majority of the time.

It only really pisses me off when ass-hats take a vehicle and drive off without waiting to see if anyone else wants a lift. It's fine if you're alone at the vehicle. But I've seen too many people go off alone in vehicles despite half a dozen people nearby trying to get in.

Ugh... I hate those bastards! Was playing conquest on Caspian yesterday and spawned at the US base as we'd lost all the flags (shite team :/) But, when I spawned there were two jeeps. As I was running down to get one, two other guys spawned, took them both and drove off. Haven't these people ever heard of carpooling?! Pricks! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont see it as much on PC, the carpooling thing is normal.

Find medics on Craggy Island server dont like to share tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

You want plebs??

*spawns in jet at start of round*

*round begins*
    * Teamkilled by rpg/sniper fire*

Those are plebs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

What annoys me most is people not understanding the whole squad part of the game. The best times I have had on BF3 is when I have had a couple of friends on teamspeak and in a squad together. It is such a different game when compared to running around alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement