Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone should I upgrade to?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm due an upgrade but I just don't know what to go for as I don't really know enough about phones to be honest... but it is something I'd like to get into so if I'm upgrading I'd like to have something decent.

I use my phone for texting more than calling, but would do a fair bit of both. I also like to be able to check my emails and facebook but I would like something that's quick enough to browse on too. It'd be a plus if the camera was decent but it's not a total must.

I don't want to spend a fortune but I'm pretty sure that I could get most of the phones on this page https://phones.meteor.ie/phones without having to spend too much- apart from the iphone4, think that's more than I'm willing to spend and besides, from what I've read so far, the Samsung Galaxy S is better anyway.

Probably not giving people much to work with here, but if anyone has the time I'd appreciate some pointers! Basically- if you had the choice, which one would you go for??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'd go for either the Samsung Galaxy S2 if you want touchscreen or Blackberry 9900 if you want Qwerty.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Yakult wrote: »
    I'd go for either the Samsung Galaxy S2 if you want touchscreen or Blackberry 9900 if you want Qwerty.

I'd rather not have a qwerty keyboard- was thinking the Samsung Galaxy was probably the better one out of them all. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Iphone on Samsung Galaxy are the only 2 worth considering IMO, I have an iphone 4 myself (had the 3gs beforehand) and i absolutely love it!! The galaxy is also a fantastic phone but because ive been using ios for son long I wouldnt switch to android.... but thats a personal preference. You can more a less do the same things with both of them, give or take a few unique features to each one

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Well I think I can get the Galaxy without spending a fortune or getting tied into a long contract, whereas to get the iphone I'd have to increase my monthly spend plus sign a two year contract before I'd be entitled to an upgrade, not really worth it considering how quickly these things date.

Think I'll go in tomorrow and suss out the situation with the Galaxy so. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement