Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic? NO!! Apathetic? definitely!!!!

Options
  • 16-12-2011 12:14am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine who is the ultimate technophobe is a customer of Eircom BB.

Recently he noticed that the had not been getting his email a couple of which were really very important. He asked me to check for him and we discovered that he had an appallingly small allowance - for example this is currently showing:

Message retrieval stopped. I cannot get any more new messages because your mail quota has been reached. You have 6936kb of mail but your quota is currently set at 5120kb. Please move some messages to Trash and then Empty Trash before trying to Check Mail again.

5120kb:eek::eek::eek:

This evening he contacted Eircom firstly via online chat only to be told that the person with whom he was chatting could do nothing for him except to put him on a list and that it could take three to four weeks to upgrade him to 5 gigabytes (apparently he should have been upgraded to this figure a long time ago). My friend tried to emphasise how important it was at the moment that he gets any emails that are sent to him but seemingly nothing could be done to speed up things and this is the really amazing part apparently someone rambles in a few days a week and works through a list!!!!!!!!!

Now if this was a a small start up isp years ago that sort of explanation might be acceptable but at a time when Eircom are losing customers hand over fist and UPC are offering vastly superior products why should anyone put up with that sort of rubbish?

He was advised that it might be worth ringing bb support as they might be able to escalate it but that only resulted in more apathy and when my friend tried to emphasise to them how important it was for him they simply hung up on him.

Unfortunately he does not want to move to gmail but he is certainly considering a move away to UPC which he would never have dreamt of prior to tonight.

Surely it cannot be that difficult to upgrade an email account?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Looks like he was not deleting his webmail :D Tell him to use a POP client in future.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Looks like he was not deleting his webmail :D Tell him to use a POP client in future.

Like many people he has got a smart phone recently so has moved to imap.

Even with a pop client thats a pathetic allowance and the response time is even more pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I don't think it went up since the 1990s...but you have been warned. :D

Advertisement