Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Season Tickets.

• 16-12-2011 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any idea when the FAI season tickets for 2012\2013 are either renewed or when new ones can be purchased?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Do current season tickets expire after next months friendly against Czech Republic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

They're valid until after the friendly in May as far as I remember

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Season ticket price is fairly steep isn't it? I just got quote €210 for the 6 matches. 3 friendlies and 3 qualifiers (1 against Faroes which doesn't really count). I think it would be much cheaper to just buy tickets match by match. There is a risk of missing out on Germany but the others will have cut price tickets on the day.

I know this is an old thread but seemed most appropriate rather than kicking off a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah its been upped to €210 now, which is likely a clincher in me not getting one. Thats yet anyway, probably just need to let my anger at the tactics wane a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was there not rumours that one of the friendlies might be England, that might be an interesting one to get in your season ticket.

Then again, with their current anti-football, maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I went to renew mine and it was up to €210, so I just bought a new cat C one for €159, but to be honest Im almost regretting it now after the showing in the Euros.
    I just hope I dont get charged twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

These are suppose to be selling really slowly. The FAI are ringing up people asking to renew, some on match days during the euro's, probably hoping they'd had a few beers on them. Last years ticket holders were shafted when the FAI had to drop prices for games. It would have been cheeper to just buy them individually. Im sure plenty of people like myself were offered tickets for free for a lot of friendlies over the last year as well by friends/acquaintances etc as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

C tickets are the ones way out the back of the stadium where you can't really get a good view.
    My beef is with the quality of the friendlies. We are being asked to buy tickets for games without knowing who the opposition are. Bear in mind that one of the 'competitive' games is Faroe Islands we are essentially being asked to pay a season ticket price for 2 matches (Austria and Germany). So €210 is too much. I would have thought a fair price would be 40 for these 2 and 20 for the remainder of the matches therefore 160 for the season ticket.

An England friendly would be great but this has been promised for years. More likely we will get Norway or similar again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hoping these will drop a bit now that the Euros are over and that in the first place the price was just trying to capitalise on anticipation of a decent Euros showing

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Hoping these will drop a bit now that the Euros are over and that in the first place the price was just trying to capitalise on anticipation of a decent Euros showing

I think they were hoping for a renewed interset after the Euro's but tbh I think the opposite has happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

I purchased a FAI season ticket for the 2012/2013 last month and managed to get a front row ticket on the upper tier for €159. It is in the corner between the west and south stands.
    Have been there previously and was very happy with the view.
    Tried to get the ticket online but it kept giving me a seat really high up in the west or east stand.
    So I then rang them and there was no problem, could pick what seat I wanted. Much easier on the phone as you can ask them what seats available for €159.

I should have just rang. I think though, that you have a good view no matter where you sit at Landsdowne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

they are more expensive than last time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dreamers75 wrote: »
    they are more expensive than last time :confused:

that Polish bar bill won't pay itself you know.

I got a reply from the FAI.
    Regarding the upcoming yet to be named friendlies their response is that they are 'aiming to attract top quality opposition'
    I would hope this has always been the case.

They denied slashing the price of the ticket prices during the last season ticket period (despite the fact that I saw tickets going for €20 and family tickets for €50).

They pretty much ignored my comments about ticket prices being too high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

When they say "aiming to attract top quality opposition" the standard of that opposition will depend on how many season tickets are sold. If they sell 30-40,000 season tickets they will get the likes of Burkino Faso. If they sell 3-4 tickets they will have to get attractive teams to come to Lansdowne Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They shouldnt be getting top class teams anyways. Get teams who we can beat, get good seedings and then earn more money through tournaments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

SantryRed wrote: »
    They shouldnt be getting top class teams anyways. Get teams who we can beat, get good seedings and then earn more money through tournaments.

The way we played in Poland it might be hard to find teams we can beat.

SantryRed wrote: »

I would rather see quality opposition with players I have heard of rather than a Luxembourg or a Finland. They would sell more tickets for better quality opposition.

Anyway student card is nearly sourced for the cheaper tickets ;)

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Anyway student card is nearly sourced for the cheaper tickets ;)

Are the student seats only in particular sections?

• Advertisement

No I e-mailed FAI and they confirmed I can keep my current seats.

There are 3 different student prices too depending on area of the stadium.

67 euro cheaper. Not to be sniffed at

No I e-mailed FAI and they confirmed I can keep my current seats.

There are 3 different student prices too depending on area of the stadium.

67 euro cheaper. Not to be sniffed at

Yeah decent price alright. I thought if I bought a student seat I wouldnt be able to sit next to my mates who buy the adult ticket.

Ant11 wrote: »
    Yeah decent price alright. I thought if I bought a student seat I wouldnt be able to sit next to my mates who buy the adult ticket.

No reason why not. on the site if you choose 1 student and 2 adults you get three seats in a row.

Generally however I would encourage the segregation of students:D

No reason why not. on the site if you choose 1 student and 2 adults you get three seats in a row.

Generally however I would encourage the segregation of students:D

Checked the FAI site there, both CAT 2 and 3 seats they offer are up in the heavens. Don't think I'd pay that much to sit up that far.

I just did a random search 3 tickets 2 adults and one student Category B. Seat allocation is
    Section BLK506
    Row W
    Seats 8-10

nice on the halfway line. Not that far back.

If you search for 3 adults (without a student) you get the same seats. Presumably they are the best available in that category.

I have been row FF before when at the rugby and I still had a great view so I wouldnt care where I sit as long as the atmosphere is good. would love to sit in the "singing section" except its behind the goal and you dont see anything unless there is a goal. you could be waiting..............

It is hard to identify alot of the players from that far back, especially for the friendlies where it would be hard to identify them if they were 5 feet away

I just got my final reminder about my season ticket.

Decision time, to renew or not to renew???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I just got my final reminder about my season ticket.

Decision time, to renew or not to renew???

I had been saying all along that I wasn't gonna renew but I've finally caved in. We have great seats and it's handy just walking in not having to worry about tickets and knowing exactly where your seat is.

• Advertisement

doncarlos wrote: »
    I had been saying all along that I wasn't gonna renew but I've finally caved in. We have great seats and it's handy just walking in not having to worry about tickets and knowing exactly where your seat is.

They did say that you could still renew after the date but you might lose your seats. Seems like there is a queue of people waiting to pounce:D

tbh I probably will renew but the thoughts of watching the same tactics over and over is less than exciting. It is a good excuse for midweek pints

still didnt get my ST, did anyone else get theirs yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

I was wondering this aswell. I have applied for a category A ticket and paid by laser but have not received the season ticket yet. I presume they will be send out within the next few weeks. Did anyone receive theirs

Advertisement