Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size tank do I need?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 5:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi folks,

My friend emigrated recently and left me in possession of his turtle / terrapin. I am not sure of the exact size of the tank he's in at the moment, but it's too small. (I'm guessing it's approx 15" in length and 7" in depth ISH)

Also the purple light is broke and I think he needs this for his shell to develop?

Anyone any idea what size tank he should be in, and where I can get one REALLY cheap, I've recently become unemployed :( but I don't want him stuck in a tiny tank with no light, that's just cruel.

Any help / info / advice gratefully accepted.

ps.
    Oh I have a GIANT tank my friend gave me but it's cracked a tiny bit in the corner but would do reptiles if anyone wanted to swap I could do that? And ya could have that smaller glass tank also if ya had a light / filter to go with the one your swapping haha

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Could you try sealing the big tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sexy Lady

Don't think id get anything for it, maybe a tenner, as i say its cracked a bit so the water seal is broken. And there's no lid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

the second poster meant would you try using silicone to seal it.

Advertisement