Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Kindle ??

Options
  • 16-12-2011 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hi, i will be flying alot over Christmas and will be in Shannon, Heathrow and Doha does anyone know wher would be the cheapest place to buy a Kindle and if so If i bought it outside Ireland would it work (download ) prorely here ??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I doubt anyone sells it cheaper than amazon - it is their own product.

It would download fine - ebooks are not big files. Actual speed would entirely depend on the specific network you were connected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you can download books via 3g (assuming you get a 3g kindle) anywhere there is a mobile data signal (anywhere in the world) for free.

you can also download via wifi on any kindle anywhere you have wireless internet access.

the US will be the cheapest place to get one if you are there, either directly from amazon or in somewhere like bestbuy.

if you're not going to be in the US then amazon is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Kindle 4 is 109 is PC World/Currys, 110 in Tesco.
    99 in Dixons in Dublin Airport.

Buying online from Amazon.co.uk they are 119.

Why not buy it before you go and have it to use on the flights ?

No matter where you buy the Kindle it is registered with Amazon at your address, so you use the International Amazon store (amazon.com) unless you have a UK address then you can use .co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

89 sterling isnt 119 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

89 sterling isnt 119 euro
    indeedy it isn't. :)

it's about €105 officially according to xe.com, but i imagine by the time you've paid currency conversion fees or got a crappier rate than that off some unscupulous source, it would probably be closer to €110 at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

D'OH !!

My mistake, you cannot buy the Kindle from Amazon.co.uk if you live in Ireland and the cost of the Kindle 4 from Amazon.com comes in at around 118/119 euro + you could also get caught by customs.

but its cheaper in the shops anyway so why would you buy online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

I'll just buy it in the shops after Christmas, if I have have monety left !!... Thanks

Advertisement